Got a few questions before you apply? Contact us.
Sales | New York, United States
Who is Xero?
We’re one of the fastest growing SaaS companies in the world. We are the leader in beautiful small business accounting and productivity software – complete with payroll, inventory and more.
The Account Manager is responsible for fostering relationships with new and existing Xero Partners. Qualified candidates will demonstrate outstanding communication skills and a competitive sales drive. This position is largely phone-based and the ability to effectively engage, influence and self-motivate is key. You will take ownership of your work and have a strong interest in the emerging online accounting market. A background in telesales, recruitment or public practice accounting will be well regarded.
What you’ll do
- Grow, develop and manage key relationships with small Accountants and Bookkeepers
- Assist new Partners in the planning of and rolling out of their cloud strategy
- Educate partners on all resources available and expand their use of Xero
- Manage all inbound sales calls and respond to prospective partner enquiries
- Manage and respond to all incoming sales tickets from existing partners
- Monitor all existing and prospective Partners progress through the sales cycle
- Keep all information relating to sales tickets, inbound & outbound calls in Salesforce up to date
- Promote Xero features and functionality via Xero training and Webinars
It’s time to introduce yourself
Now that we’ve caught your attention, it’s time to catch ours. Please send us your resume and a link to your portfolio if you:
Love doing #beautiful work and are driven to succeed.
Show your passion for the #human side of business accounting through cultivating a deep understanding of the needs and aspirations of the people you serve.
Seek the #challenge of complex problems, crazy-smart collaborators and a fast-paced work environment.
#Champion sales thinking by bringing a unique point of view while inspiring impeccable quality from others.
Take #ownership by driving meaningful change and delivering results with passion and purpose.
At a minimum, you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience in a telephone based, channel sales role
- Experience of selling into the accounting industry is desirable
- An interest in the emerging online accounting market
- Initiative and ability to work autonomously
- Outstanding communication skills
- Excellent and clear writing skills
- An enthusiasm and ability for building strong relationships and rapport with customers
- Attention to detail and follow-up
- A passion for technology
- CRM discipline
- Knowledge of the workings of an accounting practice is desirable
- Familiarity with accounting principles would be a significant advantage
- Self motivated, energetic, dynamic and passionate
- Determination to succeed