The Xero interface provides a seamless transition of data between Xero and Practice Manager. It allows you to:
- Import contacts from Xero.
- Send client or supplier information from Practice Manager to Xero.
- Receive automatic updates of payments made against invoices from Xero.
- Use Xero invoice numbering sequences for Practice Manager invoice numbers.
- Send approved invoices from Practice Manager to Xero.
- Send purchase order receipts from Practice Manager to Xero.
Key Learning Points
- You must be the Practice Administrator in your Xero account to enable the Xero interface.
- Configure the interface to enable invoices to flow between the two systems. Refer to the Interface Settings below to better understand the options before you select them.
- The Xero numbering sequence can be applied to invoices in Practice Manager, to have one numbering sequence across both systems.
- Invoices in Practice Manager have to be approved to be sent to Xero. They can be received in Xero as either draft or approved invoices.
- Invoices can also be sent from Xero to Practice Manager. The Reference in a Xero invoice is used to match an invoice with its corresponding job in Practice Manager. Refer to the WIP settings provided below to better understand the options before you select them.
Tips & Tricks
What should I do now?
- Log into your Xero account.
- Connect Practice Manager to Xero.
- Customise your Xero interface settings.
- Proceed to Step 5: Set up clients.