You can also use Microsoft Excel to calculate your break-even point in monetary value or units. To perform a break-even analysis in Excel, you can choose to either:
- Use the break-even analysis formula: Total revenue/ (selling price per unit- variable cost per unit).
- Calculate a break-even point using the ‘Goal Seek’ feature in Excel.
- Calculate a break-even point using your sales data and a sales table to produce a break-even chart.
How to calculate your break-even point: A guide for ecommerce businesses
Our comprehensive guide covers everything you need to know about calculating your break-even point as an ecommerce business owner.
- What is a break-even point?
- Advantages of calculating a break-even point
- How to calculate your break-even point
- How to calculate a break-even point with multiple products
- Break-even point examples
- How to calculate a break-even point in Excel
- What are the limitations of a break-even analysis
- How to reduce your break-even point
- How often should you calculate your break-even point?