Last Updated on April 26, 2016
Welcome to Xero TaxTouch, a mobile application for unincorporated businesses (i.e., sole proprietors) to organize, track and manage their business expenses to help them take advantage of deductions for expenses that may be available to them when they file their Schedule C to IRS Form 1040 (profit or loss from a business for sole proprietors) to their personal tax returns (the “Xero TaxTouch App”). THE XERO TAXTOUCH APP DOES NOT ACTUALLY PREPARE OR FILE TAX RETURNS OR PROVIDE TAX ADVICE. The Xero TaxTouch App is provided to you by Xero, Inc. and/or its affiliates, including its parent company, Xero Limited (we refer to Xero, Inc. and Xero Limited, together with their respective affiliates, “Xero”, “we”, “our” or “us”).
If you are using our Xero TaxTouch App on behalf of another person or entity (e.g., your company or firm) (a "Beneficiary") then you are representing, warranting and agreeing that you have the authority to act on behalf of that person or entity and you are deemed to agree to the Xero TaxTouch Terms on their behalf.
ADDITIONAL XERO TAXTOUCH TERMS
- As of the date this Agreement was last updated, the Xero TaxTouch App is available only through Apple's App Store, and Your use of the Xero TaxTouch App is subject to additional terms agreed to between You and Apple.
- If You need to reach us for anything related to the Xero TaxTouch App, please contact our dedicated TaxTouch help email address SUPPORT@XERO.COM.
2. Intended Use of Xero TaxTouch App.
Description and Limitations of the Xero TaxTouch App.
THE XERO TAXTOUCH APP IS INTENDED SOLELY TO HELP YOU, AS A SOLE PROPRIETOR, TO TRACK AND MANAGE BUSINESS EXPENSES (SUBJECT TO THE LIMITATIONS CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT, THE “PERMITTED PURPOSE” OR “INTENDED USE”). THE XERO TAXTOUCH APP IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE FOR ANY PURPOSE OTHER THAN THE PERMITTED PURPOSE. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE XERO TAX TOUCH APP IS NOT INTENDED TO BE USED BY BUSINESSES THAT ARE SEPARATE AND DISTINCT LEGAL ENTITIES OR THAT FILE SEPARATE TAX RETURNS FOR THEIR BUSINESS (AS OPPOSED TO FILING A BUSINESS SCHEDULE C TO THEIR PERSONAL INCOME TAX RETURNS). FURTHER, THE XERO TAXTOUCH APP IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE FOR CONSUMER PURPOSES (I.E., PERSONAL, FAMILY OR HOUSEHOLD SERVICES), AND IT IS NOT INTENDED TO BE USED TO TRACK OR MANAGE PERSONAL EXPENSES. YOU ARE EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED FROM MAKING USE OF THE XERO TAX TOUCH APP FOR ANY PURPOSE OTHER THAN THE PERMITTED PURPOSE. YOU, REPRESENT, WARRANT, COVENANT AND AGREE ON A CONTINUING BASIS THAT YOU WILL NOT MAKE USE OF THE XERO TAX TOUCH APP FOR ANY PURPOSE OTHER THAN THE PERMITTED PURPOSE, WHICH MEANS THAT AMONG OTHER PROHIBITED USES, YOU MAY NOT USE THE XERO TAX TOUCH APP FOR ANY PERSONAL, FAMILY OR HOUSEHOLD SERVICES PURPOSES OR TO TRACK OR MANAGE PERSONAL EXPENSES.
The Xero TaxTouch App is intended to aid sole proprietors in tracking business expenses, including for purposes of filing a Schedule C to IRS Form 1040. The Xero TaxTouch App provides suggested categorizations of Your business expenses, but those categorizations are suggestions only that must be tracked, verified, and recategorized by You as appropriate. The Xero TaxTouch App provides rough estimates of your quarterly tax payments based upon your Data to help you track and manage your business expenses, not a precise calculation of your tax liability. The Xero TaxTouch App does not produce a Schedule C or any other tax forms. However, the Xero TaxTouch App provides you with a summary of balances posted to categories that correspond with the expense line items on a Schedule C, and allows you to export that data as a .pdf or .csv file. The Xero TaxTouch App does not permit multiple users. XERO EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES (WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED) OF ANY KIND. XERO PROVIDES THE XERO TAX TOUCH APP “AS-IS” AND YOUR USE OF THE XERO TAX TOUCH APP IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Not Professional Advice. XERO IS NOT A PROFESSIONAL SERVICES FIRM AND IS NOT IN THE BUSINESS OF GIVING PROFESSIONAL ADVICE. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR SEEKING OUT PROFESSIONAL AND INDEPENDENT LEGAL, FINANCIAL, ACCOUNTING, TAX OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL SERVICES ADVICE WHEN YOU NEED IT.
Your Commitment not to Exceed Intended Use of Xero TaxTouch App. You represent, warrant, covenant and agree on a continuing basis that you will only use the Xero TaxTouch App strictly in accordance with its Intended Use.
Accessibility and use of Mobile Devices: As of the date this Agreement was last updated, the Xero TaxTouch App is not currently available via a Xero Website, and You will only be able to access the Xero TaxTouch App from a compatible mobile device. For a list of currently compatible devices, see refer to https://xerotaxtouch.zendesk.com. XERO DOES NOT GUARANTEE COMPATIBILITY WITH ANY PARTICULAR DEVICE. You will only be able to access the Xero TaxTouch App from a compatible device that is connected to the Internet or your cellular data plan. It is your sole responsibility to make sure that you can access the Internet and/or your cellular data (e.g., by having all the right equipment), and for paying any access fees required to access the Internet and cellular data (e.g., the fees of third party telecommunications providers). Xero does not warrant or represent the availability of the Internet or mobile data through a third party provider, and is not responsible for any loss or damage caused as a result of your not being able to access the Xero TaxTouch App due to unavailability of the Internet or mobile data.
3. Your Responsibilities with respect to Maintenance of Data, Tax Records, and Satisfaction of Expense Verification and Record Keeping Requirements.
YOU MUST MAINTAIN COPIES OF ALL DATA INPUTTED INTO THE XERO TAXTOUCH APP, AND YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR SATISFYING ALL RELEVANT EXPENSE VERIFICATION AND RECORD KEEPING REQUIREMENTS. XERO HAS PRACTICES, POLICIES AND PROCEDURES IN PLACE THAT ARE DESIGNED TO PREVENT DATA LOSS, INCLUDING A DAILY SYSTEM DATA BACK-UP REGIME, BUT DOES NOT MAKE ANY GUARANTEES THAT THERE WILL BE NO LOSS OF DATA. XERO EXPRESSLY EXCLUDES LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS OF DATA NO MATTER HOW CAUSED. THE IRS AND OTHER TAX AUTHORITIES HAVE VERY SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS REGARDING REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION AND VERIFICATION OF EXPENSES AND OTHER TAX RECORDS. IN PARTICULAR AND WITHOUT LIMITATION, ORIGINAL RECEIPTS MAY BE REQUIRED, AND BANK RECORDS OF TRANSACTIONS MAY NOT CONSTITUTE SATISFACTORY EVIDENCE OF EXPENSES OR OTHER TRANSACTIONS.
4. Indemnification by You.
YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS XERO AND ITS SUPPLIERS, AND ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, SHAREHOLDERS AND CONTRACTORS, FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, SUITS OR ACTIONS ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE USE OF THE XERO TAX TOUCH APP OR VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS, INCLUDING ANY LIABILITY OR EXPENSE ARISING FROM CLAIMS, LOSSES, DAMAGES, SUITS, JUDGMENTS, LITIGATION COSTS AND ATTORNEYS' FEES.
5. Payment and Billing.
The different payment options, levels of services offered, and applicable fees for the Xero TaxTouch App will be published on the Xero TaxTouch page available at http://www.xero.com/us/features-and-tools/mobile/taxtouch and/or disclosed at the time your Xero TaxTouch App subscription is offered or renewed. You agree that the Xero TaxTouch Terms incorporate, and you agree to comply with, the terms set out in the Xero TaxTouch [*] Page and/or otherwise disclosed to You, as updated or amended from time to time. RENEWALS ARE CHARGED AT THE THEN CURRENT FULL PRICED FEES FOR SERVICE(S) WITHOUT REGARD TO ANY PROMOTIONAL OFFERS OR PRICING DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE TO NEW CUSTOMERS.
All fees for Service(s) must be paid: (a) with a valid credit card acceptable to Xero (and Apple for purchases through the Apple store); (b) with a valid debit card acceptable to Xero (and Apple for purchases through the Apple store); or (c) by any other payment option that Xero (and Apple with respect to purchases through the Apple Store) may make available to you, in Xero's sole discretion (and Apple for purchases through the Apple store). You agree that you are responsible for ensuring that your payment details are kept accurate and up to date. If you do not keep your payment details up to date, or your fees for Service(s)are not paid by the due date, Xero reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access to and use of the Xero TaxTouch App. If Xero suspends your access to the Xero TaxTouch App, for any reason, you will continue to accrue fees for Service(s) until your access to and use of the Xero TaxTouch App is terminated.
Renewals. You will be billed and your card will be charged in advance for the next applicable billing period (i.e., monthly, quarterly, annually, etc. depending on the duration of your subscription type you elect) for your subscription to the Xero TaxTouch App. Your subscription to the Xero TaxTouch App will AUTOMATICALLY RENEW AT THE THEN CURRENT FULL PRICE FEES (PROMOTIONAL PRICING OR DISCOUNTED PRICING WILL NOT APPLY) FOR SERVICE(S) UNTIL YOU CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION, unless with respect to annual subscriptions Xero expressly elects in its sole discretion not to automatically renew your subscription. Your subscription will otherwise automatically renew on a recurring basis until you cancel for successive, additional billing periods and your credit card or other source of payment will be charged accordingly. If you cancel, you will still be charged for the full fees for Service(s) through the then current billing period (i.e., no pro-rated refunds).
Cancellations and Refunds. If you sign up for a free trial to the Xero TaxTouch App, you may cancel at any time during the free trial period and incur no charge. YOU MAY CANCEL A PAID SUBSCRIPTION TO THE XERO TAXTOUCH APP AT ANY TIME BUT YOU WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR A REFUND FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE CURRENT BILLING PERIOD (I.E., NO PRO-RATED REFUNDS). TO CANCEL visit Apple's iTunes & App Store. On your mobile device it is under Settings > iTunes & App Store > Tap on Apple ID > Manage Subscriptions.
XERO DOES NOT COMMIT TO PROVIDE REFUNDS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. WHERE XERO IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION ELECTS TO PROVIDE ANY REFUND, ANY SUCH REFUND WILL BE PAID IN THE FORM MOST CONVENIENT TO XERO IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IN THE FORM OF A CREDIT.
7. Apple Terms and Conditions.
These Terms are binding on any use of the Service and apply to You from the time that Xero provides You with access to the Service.
By registering to use the Service you acknowledge that You have read and understood these Terms and have the authority to act on behalf of any person for whom You are using the Service. You are deemed to have agreed to these Terms on behalf of any entity for whom you use the Service.
These Terms were last updated on 22 December 2015.
The significant changes from the previous 15 August 2011 edition are:
- Updated clause 10.5 under Governing law and jurisdiction, adding a new U.S. Dispute Resolution Process. These changes affect You if You are a U.S. tax resident or if the information or Data You are accessing using the Services and the Website is that of a person who is a tax resident in the United States of America at the time that You accept these terms or if you otherwise seek to resolve a dispute in the U.S. PLEASE READ THE U.S. DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROCESS CAREFULLY AS IT REQUIRES THE USE OF ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS TO RESOLVE DISPUTES, RATHER THAN JURY TRIALS OR CLASS ACTIONS, AND ALSO LIMITS THE REMEDIES AVAILABLE TO YOU IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE. If You registered to use the Service on or after December 22, 2015, these changes are effective immediately. If You registered to use the Service prior to December 22, 2015, these changes are effective beginning on February 22, 2016. Clause 10.5 of the previous 15 August 2011 edition provided that "If the information or Data You are accessing using the Services and the Website is that of a person who is a tax resident in the United States of America at the time that You accept these terms then the State of California law govern this Agreement and You submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the State courts of San Francisco County, California or federal court for the Northern District of California for all disputes arising out of or in connection with this Agreement."
means the monthly fee (excluding any taxes and duties) payable by You in accordance with the fee schedule set out on the Website (which Xero may change from time to time on notice to You).
includes all information exchanged between the parties to this Agreement, whether in writing, electronically or orally, including the Service but does not include information which is, or becomes, publicly available other than through unauthorised disclosure by the other party.
means any data inputted by You or with Your authority into the Website.
"Intellectual Property Right"
means any patent, trade mark, service mark, copyright, moral right, right in a design, know-how and any other intellectual or industrial property rights, anywhere in the world whether or not registered.
means the online accounting and personal finance management services made available (as may be changed or updated from time to time by Xero) via the Website.
means the Internet site at the domain www.xero.com or any other site operated by Xero.
means Xero Limited which is listed on the New Zealand Stock Exchange (NZX) and all current and future global subsidiaries of Xero Limited including, without limitation Xero Inc (United States), Xero Pty Limited (Australia), and Xero (UK) Limited (United Kingdom).
means any person or entity, other than the Subscriber, that uses the Service with the authorisation of the Subscriber from time to time.
means the person who registers to use the Service, and, where the context permits, includes any entity on whose behalf that person registers to use the Service.
means the Subscriber, and where the context permits, an Invited User. "Your" has a corresponding meaning.
2. Use of Software
Xero grants You the right to access and use the Service via the Website with the particular user roles available to You according to Your subscription type. This right is non-exclusive, non-transferable, and limited by and subject to this Agreement. You acknowledge and agree that, subject to any applicable written agreement between the Subscriber and the Invited Users, or any other applicable laws:
1. the Subscriber determines who is an Invited User and what level of user role access to the relevant organisation and Service that Invited User has;
2. the Subscriber is responsible for all Invited Users’ use of the Service;
3. the Subscriber controls each Invited User’s level of access to the relevant organisation and Service at all times and can revoke or change an Invited User’s access, or level of access, at any time and for any reason, in which case that person or entity will cease to be an Invited User or shall have that different level of access, as the case may be;
4. if there is any dispute between a Subscriber and an Invited User regarding access to any organisation or Service, the Subscriber shall decide what access or level of access to the relevant Data or Service that Invited User shall have, if any.
3. Your Obligations
1. Payment obligations:
An invoice for the Access Fee will be issued each month starting one month from the date You added Your first organisation to Your Xero account. All invoices will include the Access Fee for the preceding period one month of use. Xero will continue invoicing You monthly until this Agreement is terminated in accordance with clause 8.
All Xero invoices will be sent to You, or to a Billing Contact whose details are provided by You, by email. You must pay or arrange payment of all amounts specified in any invoice by the due date for payment and are payable within 10 days of the invoice date. You are responsible for payment of all taxes and duties in addition to the Access Fee.
2. Preferential pricing or discounts:
You may from time to time be offered preferential pricing or discounts for the Access Fees as a result of the number of organisations that You have added to the Service or that have been added with Your authority or as a result of Your use of the Service ('Organisations'). Eligibility for such preferential pricing or discounts is conditional upon Your acceptance of responsibility for payment of any Access Fees in relation to all of Your Organisations. Without prejudice to any other rights that Xero may have under these Terms or at law, Xero reserves the right to render invoices for the full (non-discounted) Access Fees due or suspend or terminate Your use of the Service in respect of any or all of Your Organisations in the event that any invoices for those Access Fees are not paid in full by the due date for payment.
3. General obligations:
You must only use the Service and Website for Your own lawful internal business purposes, in accordance with these Terms and any notice sent by Xero or condition posted on the Website. You may use the Service and Website on behalf of others or in order to provide services to others but if You do so you must ensure that You are authorised to do so and that all persons for whom or to whom services are provided comply with and accept all terms of this Agreement that apply to You.
4. Automated Bank transaction data delivered into Your Xero account:
Where available, automated bank account transaction data feeds are generally provided to You free of charge. However, Xero reserves the right to pass on any charges related to the provision of bank feed data on a case-by-case basis at Xero’s sole discretion. Xero would first inform You via email to indicate what those charges are likely to be (as such charges may vary depending on Your bank and Your volume of bank feeds). You have the option to decide to discontinue use of automated bank feeds at any time. To exercise this option, you must give Xero sufficient prior notice of which automated bank account transaction data feeds you want to discontinue. Upon receiving such notice Xero will arrange for such feeds to be terminated in accordance with each bank’s usual practices.
5. Access conditions:
1. You must ensure that all usernames and passwords required to access the Service are kept secure and confidential. You must immediately notify Xero of any unauthorised use of Your passwords or any other breach of security and Xero will reset Your password and You must take all other actions that Xero reasonably deems necessary to maintain or enhance the security of Xero's computing systems and networks and Your access to the Services.
2. As a condition of these Terms, when accessing and using the Services, You must:
1. not attempt to undermine the security or integrity of Xero's computing systems or networks or, where the Services are hosted by a third party, that third party's computing systems and networks;
2. not use, or misuse, the Services in any way which may impair the functionality of the Services or Website, or other systems used to deliver the Services or impair the ability of any other user to use the Services or Website;
3. not attempt to gain unauthorised access to any materials other than those to which You have been given express permission to access or to the computer system on which the Services are hosted;
4. not transmit, or input into the Website, any: files that may damage any other person's computing devices or software, content that may be offensive, or material or Data in violation of any law (including Data or other material protected by copyright or trade secrets which You do not have the right to use); and
5. not attempt to modify, copy, adapt, reproduce, disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer any computer programs used to deliver the Services or to operate the Website except as is strictly necessary to use either of them for normal operation.
3. By enabling the multi-currency functionality within the Services You confirm that You have read and accept the XE.com terms and conditions for the use of the XE Currency Datafeed service.
6. Usage Limitations:
Use of the Service may be subject to limitations, including but not limited to monthly transaction volumes and the number of calls You are permitted to make against Xero’s application programming interface. Any such limitations will be advised.
7. Communication Conditions:
As a condition of these Terms, if You use any communication tools available through the Website (such as any forum, chat room or message centre), You agree only to use such communication tools for lawful and legitimate purposes. You must not use any such communication tool for posting or disseminating any material unrelated to the use of the Services, including (but not limited to): offers of goods or services for sale, unsolicited commercial e-mail, files that may damage any other person's computing devices or software, content that may be offensive to any other users of the Services or the Website, or material in violation of any law (including material that is protected by copyright or trade secrets which You do not have the right to use).
When You make any communication on the Website, You represent that You are permitted to make such communication. Xero is under no obligation to ensure that the communications on the Website are legitimate or that they are related only to the use of the Services. As with any other web-based forum, You must exercise caution when using the communication tools available on the Website. However, Xero does reserve the right to remove any communication at any time in its sole discretion.
You indemnify Xero against: all claims, costs, damage and loss arising from Your breach of any of these Terms or any obligation You may have to Xero, including (but not limited to) any costs relating to the recovery of any Access Fees that are due but have not been paid by You.
4. Confidentiality and Privacy
Unless the relevant party has the prior written consent of the other or unless required to do so by law:
Each party will preserve the confidentiality of all Confidential Information of the other obtained in connection with these Terms. Neither party will, without the prior written consent of the other, disclose or make any Confidential Information available to any person, or use the same for its own benefit, other than as contemplated by these Terms.
2. Each party's obligations under this clause will survive termination of these Terms.
3. The provisions of clauses 4.1.1 and 4.1.2 shall not apply to any information which:
1. is or becomes public knowledge other than by a breach of this clause;
2. is received from a third party who lawfully acquired it and who is under no obligation restricting its disclosure;
3. is in the possession of the receiving party without restriction in relation to disclosure before the date of receipt from the disclosing party; or
4. is independently developed without access to the Confidential Information.
5. Intellectual Property
Title to, and all Intellectual Property Rights in the Services, the Website and any documentation relating to the Services remain the property of Xero (or its licensors).
2. Ownership of Data:
Title to, and all Intellectual Property Rights in, the Data remain Your property. However, Your access to the Data is contingent on full payment of the Xero Access Fee when due. You grant Xero a licence to use, copy, transmit, store, and back-up Your information and Data for the purposes of enabling You to access and use the Services and for any other purpose related to provision of services to You.
3. Backup of Data:
You must maintain copies of all Data inputted into the Service. Xero adheres to its best practice policies and procedures to prevent data loss, including a daily system data back-up regime, but does not make any guarantees that there will be no loss of Data. Xero expressly excludes liability for any loss of Data no matter how caused.
4. Third-party applications and your Data.
If You enable third-party applications for use in conjunction with the Services, You acknowledge that Xero may allow the providers of those third-party applications to access Your Data as required for the interoperation of such third-party applications with the Services. Xero shall not be responsible for any disclosure, modification or deletion of Your Data resulting from any such access by third-party application providers.
6. Warranties and Acknowledgements
You warrant that where You have registered to use the Service on behalf of another person, You have the authority to agree to these Terms on behalf of that person and agree that by registering to use the Service You bind the person on whose behalf You act to the performance of any and all obligations that You become subject to by virtue of these Terms, without limiting Your own personal obligations under these Terms.
You acknowledge that:
1. You are authorised to use the Services and the Website and to access the information and Data that You input into the Website, including any information or Data input into the Website by any person you have authorised to use the Service. You are also authorised to access the processed information and Data that is made available to You through Your use of the Website and the Services (whether that information and Data is Your own or that of anyone else).
2. Xero has no responsibility to any person other than You and nothing in this Agreement confers, or purports to confer, a benefit on any person other than You. If You use the Services or access the Website on behalf of or for the benefit of anyone other than yourself (whether a body corporate or otherwise) you agree that:
1. You are responsible for ensuring that You have the right to do so;
2. You are responsible for authorising any person who is given access to information or Data, and you agree that Xero has no obligation to provide any person access to such information or Data without Your authorisation and may refer any requests for information to You to address; and
3. You will indemnify Xero against any claims or loss relating to:
1. Xero's refusal to provide any person access to Your information or Data in accordance with these Terms,
2. Xero’s making available information or Data to any person with Your authorisation.
3. The provision of, access to, and use of, the Services is on an "as is " basis and at Your own risk.
4. Xero does not warrant that the use of the Service will be uninterrupted or error free. Among other things, the operation and availability of the systems used for accessing the Service, including public telephone services, computer networks and the Internet, can be unpredictable and may from time to time interfere with or prevent access to the Services. Xero is not in any way responsible for any such interference or prevention of Your access or use of the Services.
5. Xero is not Your accountant and use of the Services does not constitute the receipt of accounting advice. If You have any accounting questions, please contact an accountant.
6. It is Your sole responsibility to determine that the Services meet the needs of Your business and are suitable for the purposes for which they are used.
7. You remain solely responsible for complying with all applicable accounting, tax and other laws. It is Your responsibility to check that storage of and access to your Data via the Software and the Website will comply with laws applicable to you (including any laws requiring you to retain records).
3. No warranties:
Xero gives no warranty about the Services. Without limiting the foregoing, Xero does not warrant that the Services will meet Your requirements or that it will be suitable for any particular purpose. To avoid doubt, all implied conditions or warranties are excluded in so far as is permitted by law, including (without limitation) warranties of merchantability, fitness for purpose, title and non-infringement.
4. Consumer guarantees:
You warrant and represent that You are acquiring the right to access and use the Services for the purposes of a business and that, to the maximum extent permitted by law, any statutory consumer guarantees or legislation intended to protect non-business consumers in any jurisdiction does not apply to the supply of the Services, the Website or these Terms.
7. Limitation of Liability
1. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Xero excludes all liability and responsibility to You (or any other person) in contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise, for any loss (including loss of information, Data, profits and savings) or damage resulting, directly or indirectly, from any use of, or reliance on, the Service or Website.
2. If You suffer loss or damage as a result of Xero's negligence or failure to comply with these Terms, any claim by You against Xero arising from Xero's negligence or failure will be limited in respect of any one incident, or series of connected incidents, to the Access Fees paid by You in the previous 12 months.
3. If You are not satisfied with the Service, Your sole and exclusive remedy is to terminate these Terms in accordance with Clause 8.
1. Trial policy
When You first sign up for access to the Services You can evaluate the Services under the defined trial usage conditions, with no obligation to continue to use the Services. If You choose to continue using the Services thereafter, You will be billed from the day You first added Your billing details into the Services. If You choose not to continue using the Services, You may delete Your organisation in the 'My Xero' section of the Services.
2. Prepaid Subscriptions
Xero will not provide any refund for any remaining prepaid period for a prepaid Access Fee subscription.
3. No-fault termination:
These Terms will continue for the period covered by the Access Fee paid or payable under clause 3.1. At the end of each billing period these Terms will automatically continue for another period of the same duration as that period, provided You continue to pay the prescribed Access Fee when due, unless either party terminates these Terms by giving notice to the other party at least 30 days before the end of the relevant payment period. If You terminate these Terms You shall be liable to pay all relevant Access Fees on a pro-rata basis for each day of the then current period up to and including the day of termination of these Terms.
1. breach any of these Terms (including, without limitation, by non-payment of any Access Fees) and do not remedy the breach within 14 days after receiving notice of the breach if the breach is capable of being remedied;
2. breach any of these Terms and the breach is not capable of being remedied (which includes (without limitation) any breach of clause 3.4 or any payment of Access Fees that are more than 30 days overdue); or
3. You or Your business become insolvent or Your business goes into liquidation or has a receiver or manager appointed of any of its assets or if You become insolvent, or make any arrangement with Your creditors, or become subject to any similar insolvency event in any jurisdiction,
Xero may take any or all of the following actions, at its sole discretion:
4. Terminate this Agreement and Your use of the Services and the Website;
5. Suspend for any definite or indefinite period of time, Your use of the Services and the Website;
6. Suspend or terminate access to all or any Data.
7. Take either of the actions in sub-clauses (d), (e) and (f) of this clause 8(4) in respect of any or all other persons whom You have authorised to have access to Your information or Data.
For the avoidance of doubt, if payment of any invoice for Access Fees due in relation to any of Your Billing Contacts, Billing Plans or any of Your Organisations (as defined at clause 3) is not made in full by the relevant due date, Xero may: suspend or terminate Your use of the Service, the authority for all or any of Your Organisations to use the Service, or Your rights of access to all or any Data.
5. Accrued Rights:
Termination of these Terms is without prejudice to any rights and obligations of the parties accrued up to and including the date of termination. On termination of this Agreement You will:
1. remain liable for any accrued charges and amounts which become due for payment before or after termination; and
2. immediately cease to use the Services and the Website.
6. Expiry or termination:
Clauses 3.1, 3.7, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 10 survive the expiry or termination of these Terms.
9. Help Desk
1. Technical Problems:
In the case of technical problems You must make all reasonable efforts to investigate and diagnose problems before contacting Xero. If You still need technical help, please check the support provided online by Xero on the Website or failing that email us at email@example.com.
2. Service availability:
Whilst Xero intends that the Services should be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, it is possible that on occasions the Services or Website may be unavailable to permit maintenance or other development activity to take place.
If for any reason Xero has to interrupt the Services for longer periods than Xero would normally expect, Xero will use reasonable endeavours to publish in advance details of such activity on the Website.
1. Entire agreement:
If either party waives any breach of these Terms, this will not constitute a waiver of any other breach. No waiver will be effective unless made in writing.
Neither party will be liable for any delay or failure in performance of its obligations under these Terms if the delay or failure is due to any cause outside its reasonable control. This clause does not apply to any obligation to pay money.
4. No Assignment:
You may not assign or transfer any rights to any other person without Xero's prior written consent.
5. Governing Law and Jurisdiction; U.S. Dispute Resolution Process:
1. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
If You are a tax resident of the United States of America or the information or Data You are accessing using the Services and the Website is that of a person who is a tax resident in the United States of America at the time that You accept these terms then the laws of the State of California, U.S.A. govern this Agreement and Xero and You agree that the U.S. Dispute Resolution Process described below applies for all disputes arising out of or in connection with this Agreement or in any way relating the Service – PLEASE READ THE U.S. DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROCESS CAREFULLY AS IT REQUIRES THE USE OF ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS TO RESOLVE DISPUTES, RATHER THAN JURY TRIALS OR CLASS ACTIONS, AND ALSO LIMITS THE REMEDIES AVAILABLE TO YOU IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE. If the information or Data You are accessing using the Services and the Website is solely that of a person who is a tax resident in New Zealand at the time that You accept these terms then New Zealand law governs this Agreement and You submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand for all disputes arising out of or in connection with this Agreement. If the information or Data You are accessing using the Services and the Website is solely that of a person who is a tax resident in Australia at the time that You accept these terms then Australian law governs this Agreement and You submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia for all disputes arising out of or in connection with this Agreement. In all other situations this Agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales and You hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales for all disputes arising out of or in connection with this Agreement.
2. U.S. Dispute Resolution Process
PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY – IT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS.
The following U.S. Dispute Resolution Process applies to tax residents in the United States of America, or if the information or Data You are accessing using the Services and the Website is that of a person who is a tax resident in the United States of America at the time that You accept these terms or if you otherwise seek to resolve a dispute in the U.S. If You are a tax resident in the United States of America or or the information or Data You are accessing using the Services and the Website is that of a person who is a tax resident in the United States of America at the time that You accept these terms, You agree with Xero as follows:
Most customer concerns can be resolved quickly and to the customer's satisfaction by emailing our customer experience team at firstname.lastname@example.org. IN THE UNLIKELY EVENT THAT OUR CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE TEAM IS UNABLE TO RESOLVE A COMPLAINT YOU MAY HAVE TO YOUR SATISFACTION (OR IF WE HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO RESOLVE A DISPUTE WE HAVE WITH YOU AFTER ATTEMPTING TO DO SO INFORMALLY), WE EACH AGREE TO RESOLVE THOSE DISPUTES THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION OR SMALL CLAIMS COURT INSTEAD OF IN COURTS OF GENERAL JURISDICTION. Arbitration is more informal than a lawsuit in court. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, allows for more limited discovery than in court, and is subject to very limited review by courts. Arbitrators can award the same damages and relief that a court can award. ANY ARBITRATION UNDER THIS AGREEMENT WILL TAKE PLACE ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS; YOU AGREE WITH XERO THAT CLASS ARBITRATIONS AND CLASS ACTIONS ARE NOT PERMITTED. For any non-frivolous claim that does not exceed $10,000, Xero will pay AAA filing, administrative and arbitrator costs. Moreover, in arbitration You are entitled to recover attorneys' fees from Xero to at least the same extent as You would be in court.
2. U.S. Dispute Resolution Process.
ANY DISPUTE OR CLAIM RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SERVICE OR THIS AGREEMENT WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING ARBITRATION, RATHER THAN IN COURT, except that You may assert claims in small claims court if Your claims qualify. The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this provision; the arbitrator shall apply California law to all other matters. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, any party to the arbitration may at any time seek injunctions or other forms of equitable relief from any court of competent jurisdiction. WE EACH AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES MUST BE BROUGHT IN THE PARTIES' INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. BY ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREEING TO ARBITRATION, YOU AGREE WITH XERO THAT YOU AND XERO ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO FILE A LAWSUIT AND THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY. IN ADDITION, YOU AGREE WITH XERO TO WAIVE THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION OR LITIGATE ON A CLASS-WIDE BASIS. YOU AGREE WITH XERO THAT YOU HAVE EXPRESSLY AND KNOWINGLY WAIVED THESE RIGHTS.
To begin an arbitration proceeding, send a letter requesting arbitration and describing Your claim to Xero, Inc. at 101 Green Street, 5th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94111, Attention: Legal Department. Arbitration will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (AAA) before a single AAA arbitrator under the AAA’s rules, which are available at www.adr.org or by calling 1-800-778-7879. Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees and costs will be governed by the AAA's rules. In addition, Xero will reimburse those fees and costs for claims totaling less than $10,000 unless the arbitrator determines the claims are frivolous. Likewise, Xero will not seek its attorneys’ fees or costs in arbitration unless the arbitrator determines Your claims or defenses are frivolous. You agree with Xero that You or Xero may choose to have the arbitration conducted by telephone or based on written submissions. You agree with Xero that in person arbitration will be conducted in the county in which You reside or at another mutually agreeable location. You agree with Xero that the decision of the arbitrator shall be final and not appealable, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. You agree with Xero that the U.S. Dispute Resolution Process shall survive expiration, termination or rescission of this Agreement.
If any part or provision of these Terms is invalid, unenforceable or in conflict with the law, that part or provision is replaced with a provision which, as far as possible, accomplishes the original purpose of that part or provision. The remainder of this Agreement will be binding on the parties.
Any notice given under these Terms by either party to the other must be in writing by email and will be deemed to have been given on transmission. Notices to Xero must be sent to email@example.com or to any other email address notified by email to You by Xero. Notices to You will be sent to the email address which You provided when setting up Your access to the Service.
8. Rights of Third Parties:
A person who is not a party to these Terms has no right to benefit under or to enforce any term of these Terms.