Got a few questions before you apply? Contact us.
Development | Melbourne, Australia
Small business makes the world go round – it’s the heart of the global economy. At Xero we want millions of small businesses to thrive through better tools, information and connections. We aim to make being a small business more efficient and profitable, and more enjoyable too.
Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, innovation, and change are not only inspired but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
About the role
As a Project Manager you’ll lead resource planning and oversee delivery of the project plan within budget (ie time and cost, based on scope provided).
You will lead cross-functional project planning, and execute the plan, through building and leveraging strong internal relationships. You will influence rather than manage stakeholders, and apply tools and methods to support continuous and clear communication of delivery progress.
You’ll proactively manage risk to scope and timelines. You will be the champion for project management tools and methods, through application, education and coaching.
So as the Project Manager you’ll support the program in relation to:
- Developing RACIs for project inputs and communications
- Capturing inputs on resource needs and estimates for delivery of solution options
- Documenting key deliverables and mapping interdependencies
- Organising and administering meetings and other communications forums to support the solution design and development process, including cross-functional meetings
- Following up individuals on actions and inputs
- Developing project plan/detailed roadmaps (cross-functionally, including research, design, tech, analytics and communications milestones)
- Provide regular progress reports in a consumable format
You will also work closely with the Product Manager to:
- Raise blockers or issues with delivery with senior stakeholders and provide options for continuity (eg resource, time, scope/quality)
- Develop communications plan and define communications milestones
- Develop regular communications documents, and, where relevant, present at stakeholder meetings
So for you to be successful as Xero’s next Project Manager you'll ideally have some experience in:
- A previous project management role where you worked with agile cross-functional delivery teams on long term, complex, multi stakeholder projects.
- Leading resource planning and overseeing delivery of the project plan within budget (ie time and cost, based on scope provided).
- Utilising your communication skills to ensure all stakeholders are aware of project delivery goals and milestones, and how the project is tracking.
- Creating, maintaining and improving clear and easy to understand documentation.
- Establishing relationships and managing through influence with a broad technical and non-technical stakeholder group and presenting your message in a concise and consistent manner.
- Communicating risk, issues and mitigations quickly.
- Building your own skill set in an ever changing, innovative, global environment.
Xero is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity, foster innovation and reward success.
If you want to come to work with friends every single day and help to make Xero even more special, please apply!