Got a few questions before you apply? Contact us.
Senior Android Engineer
Development | San Francisco, United States
Small business makes the world go round – it’s the heart of the global economy. At Xero we want millions of small businesses to thrive through beautiful software, advice and connections. We aim to make being a small business more efficient and profitable, and more enjoyable too.
What we're looking for
- At least 5 years of Software Engineering experience
- At least 3 years of Android Engineering experience
- A passion for software development and building beautiful user experiences
- Initiative and a passion for all things mobile and a willingness to go the extra mile
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to work with a variety of stakeholders
- Experience working in a fast-paced, progressive and collaborative environment
- Links to the apps you worked on in Play Store. We would love to talk with you about them
Good to have
- Personal projects that show an aptitude for engineering and strong customer experience
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or related fields
- Experience working with libraries for Android like Dagger, Retrofit, Espresso, RxAndroid etc
- Experience with any of Kotlin, CI, NodeJS, Docker, AWS, API Development a plus
Why you should join
If you’re looking to work with an internationally acclaimed, award winning product right here in San Francisco then this is the opportunity you’re looking for. We’ve got huge global reach and appeal, and a strategy in place for continued success. Now is the time to be a part of it all.
Xero’s environment is an awesome place to develop in: we have a culture we’re proud of which is the envy of many. Whether you're after a workplace with a social vibe, or a workplace which understands your family is priority - Xero is all of that and more. We have offices throughout the world, and we're part of a global development community that includes Xero engineers who attend and speak at conferences, host meet-ups and mentor students. We're really open in our discussions at Xero; from the technical challenges we face to improving diversity and inclusion.
As part of our awesome package you’ll get Xero shares as well as a swathe of other cool perks to make your time here that much more enjoyable than elsewhere.
Show your passion for the #human side of software development through cultivating a deep understanding of the needs and aspirations small business owners.
Seek the #challenge of complex technical problems, crazy-smart collaborators and a fast-paced work environment.
#Champion creative development by bringing a unique point of view while inspiring impeccable work from others.
Take #ownership by driving meaningful change and delivering results with passion and purpose.
Xero is an Equal Opportunity Employer.