Got a few questions before you apply? Contact us.
Senior Account Manager
Sales | San Francisco or San Jose, United States
Who is Xero?
Small business makes the world go round – it’s the heart of the global economy. At Xero we want millions of small businesses to thrive through beautiful software, advice and connections. We aim to make being a small business more efficient and profitable, and more enjoyable too.
How you’ll make an impact
At Xero the customer is the cornerstone of everything we do. This role is responsible for recruiting new accounting partners (firms) using Xero’s proven and longstanding partner value proposition. Beginning with the creation and development of online cloud strategy business plans, you will build effective partner relationships to grow and generate new revenue for both the accounting firm and Xero.
In addition to recruiting new accounting firms to our partner program, you will also actively manage existing relationships with accounting partners in your community. You will ensure that each firm has the opportunity to grow through internal firm-wide education and peer-to-peer networking opportunities facilitated by you in the local community.
Key characteristics of an ideal candidate: well-rounded, customer focused, delivers results in high growth environments, high emotional quotient, strong business acumen, effective communicator, quick learner and knowledgeable in accounting practice operations.What you will do:
- Take a leading role in identifying and qualifying opportunities by prospecting and developing key relationships with accounting firms within your territory
- Recruit, educate and land new Xero accounting partners to grow our channel, leading to growth of our small business customer base
- Apply your selling and relationship management skills to drive high-complexity consensus sales, while also having the ability to foster organic growth within an existing partner
- Build strong relationships with our accounting partners through consultative selling techniques and a collaborative sales approach
- Generate 4x pipeline of qualified opportunities through the use of, but not limited to, proactive outbound call activity, emails, marketing campaigns and hosting events
- Enrich the Xero experience of our accounting partners through thought leadership and continuous education on how to grow their practice and leverage Xero
- Utilize sales enablement tools such as Salesforce, Marketo and others automation tools
- Enthusiasm for the emerging cloud accounting market and its new opportunities
- A natural tendency towards building mutually beneficial partnerships
- Results driven with strong initiative and ability to work independently
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Capacity to learn, adapt and apply ideas in constantly morphing situations
- Ability to create quick, strong rapport with accountants and other stakeholders
- 4+ years of relationship management experience in a consultative selling environment
- Strong market knowledge of current
accounting practice and SMB software competitor platforms
- A high level of awareness for the workings of an accounting practice and systems
- Bookkeeping/accounting experience a plus
It’s time to introduce yourself:
Now that we’ve caught your attention, it’s time to catch ours. Please send us your resume if you:
Are passionate about selling into the emerging online accounting market and creating a #beautiful accounting experience to current and future Accounting Partners.
Show your passion for the #human side of sales through cultivating a deep understanding of the needs of your customers and how Xero can best improve their business.
Seek the #challenge of complex problems, crazy-smart collaborators and a fast-paced/high growth work environment.
#Champion sales thinking by bringing a unique point of view while inspiring impeccable quality from others.
Take #ownership by driving meaningful change and deliver results with passion and purpose.Xero is an Equal Opportunity Employer.