Got a few questions before you apply? Contact us.
Small Business Specialist
Sales | Melbourne, Australia
Who we are?
At Xero, we’re here to make running a business beautiful. By making small business more efficient every day, connecting them with big business technology and empowering a community behind them, their potential is limitless. When that happens, we’re not only helping small business, we’ll be building a stronger economy that can change the world.
A global SaaS (software as a service) company we have a team of almost 2,000 Xeros doing beautiful work across our 17 offices across the globe. We’re ranked No. 1 by Forbes as the World's Most Innovative Growth Company two years running, Glassdoor named us one of the top 15 best SaaS companies in the world, and Canstar Blue has ranked us Australia’s best accounting software company for four consecutive years (2015-2018).
How you’ll make an impact
Here at Xero we are all about people and building beautiful experiences for our customers, we are a purpose driven company. This role is responsible for direct sales, (outbound/inbound) driving sales of Xero direct prospective customers via outbound sales calls and inbound sales tickets, and driving sales conversions from trial customers to Xero. But this in no ordinary sales role, we see this as a way that we make it easier for small businesses to grow through our #beautiful accounting platform, so they can focus on why they started their business in the first place. With us, you have a chance to have an impact on the lives of our new customers globally.
What you’ll do
- Monitoring all trial customers and contacting them via email or phone and offering assistance or answering queries to drive sales conversion.
- Managing all inbound sales calls and sales support tickets, responding to prospective customers driving sales conversion.
- Keep all information relating to sales tickets and trials in our CRM system up to date at all times.
- Ensure your knowledge of Xero features and functionality is kept up to date via Xero training.
- Deliver, promote and follow up webinars to prospective customers demonstrating the features of Xero to assist sales conversion.
- Attend Xero events and offer face-to-face support to small business customers and prospects.
- Identify new opportunities to drive trial pipeline and conversions.
- Collate and present customer and competitor insights back into the business
- Handle enquiries regarding Xero events.
- Maintain productive relationships with key internal stakeholders (inc Customer Experience, Customer Success, Education, Marketing and Product)
What you’ll bring with you
- Ability to create a quick and strong rapport with customers.
- Loads of initiative, drive, sound judgement and the ability to self manage
- Outstanding communication skills and an enthusiasm for building strong relationships
- Ability to add value to a team
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Attention to detail and follow-up
- Willingness to adapt to new processes and learn new skills
- Diligence and commitment to following through and resolve problems
- Passion and desire to make a difference
- Accounting knowledge and SME business products would be a bonus
- Experience in a sales role with proven ability to meet monthly sales targets
- Previous work in a customer service or retail role, with a customer first mindset
- Experience with computers and applications software, including CRM database skills
Why you’ll love Xero
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought and we like that. A collaborative and inclusive environment is important to us. Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge and support you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, innovation, and change are not only inspired but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
We have a unique and special culture based around our values (#ownership, #challenge, #beautiful, #human and #champion) and offer a number of other great benefits and perks including Xero shares…….
So if you want to hear more and get the opportunity to help shape the next phase in the Xero success story please apply!