Got a few questions before you apply? Contact us.
Development | Wellington, New Zealand
At Xero, we’re rewiring the small business economy and want millions of small businesses to thrive through beautiful software, advice and connections. We aim to make being a small business more efficient and profitable for small business owners, and more enjoyable too.
Right now we have an incredible opportunity for an awesome Product Architect to join the Xero family!
What you’ll do:
- You’ll work within the Architecture Team to define Xero’s architecture strategy and long-term direction.
- You’ll build strong relationships with key stakeholders such as the Development Manager and Product Manager, to ensure a shared understanding of the business requirements while championing the non-functionals, architecture guidelines and strategies.
- Drawing on your own experiences and based on good engineering practices, you’ll influence the development teams to design, build and deliver high-quality features quickly, with confidence and accuracy.
- You’ll work with the development teams to identify technical debt and related issues for prioritisation and resolution. With the Development Manager, you’ll define and prioritise the technical roadmap within the product backlog.
- You’ll look to improve our development practices and processes, striving for excellence, by proactively bringing new ideas into Xero.
- You’ll use your wealth of experience and knowledge to provide training, coaching and mentoring where needed.
What you’ll bring with you:
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to simplify and articulate highly technical concepts for non-technical stakeholders
- Good stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- Leadership ability to create, articulate, mentor and advocate the vision and technical and semantic direction for a product and systems architecture
- Business Analysis skills and associated problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- An innovative and positive team player with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Good time management and prioritisation skills
- Experience with designing service-oriented architecture solutions
- Good understanding and experience measuring and designing for non-functionals, like reliability, availability, security, maintainability, performance and scalability
- Familiarity with multiple software development methodologies and styles
- Good understanding of systems design, ideally with Software as a Service Products
- Software development skills, ideally C# or other Object Oriented Programming languages
- Relational databases and knowledge of NoSQL databases
- Good understanding of AWS
- Data and statistical Analysis skills
If you want to work with an internationally acclaimed, award-winning product right here in the heart of Wellington where it all started, then this is the opportunity for you! We have global appeal and a strategy in place for long-term success.
Ready for the challenge?
Apply now, tell us why you would make an awesome Product Architect at Xero and get ready to do some of the best work of your life!