Got a few questions before you apply? Contact us.
Product Designer - Systems
Design | Wellington, New Zealand
As the Product Designer, you’ll be responsible for the interaction design of Xero’s online accounting service and its associated service delivery systems. These interaction designs define the interface architecture, workflow and visual design of our software applications. In this role, you’ll work closely with others in the design systems team, as well as champion systems-thinking across the company as a whole, playing a crucial role in advocacy and enablement. You will enjoy the challenge of making the complex simple and getting stuck in to help create beautiful work.
We’re a diverse group of 60-plus working across Xero’s products in five locations in New Zealand, Australia, and the USA. The design team is a vital part of Xero’s success and our product makes a meaningful difference in the lives and businesses of more than a million people around the world.
You’re ideal for this role if...
- You have a great portfolio that exhibits a variety of interface design work and a strong visual aesthetic.
- You love crafting beautiful interfaces and have experience designing systems such as pattern libraries for digital products.
- You are experienced in user-centered design methods and best practices including research and analytics – cultivating a deep understanding of the needs and aspirations of the people our products are designed for.
- You’re an excellent communicator, able to clearly present your ideas and rationale in conversations with others, and through prototypes and mock-ups
- You’re a well-organized, passionate, and empathetic colleague, seeking to improve what we build, and how we do it.
- You thrive in a highly collaborative, fast-moving environment, and you enjoy working closely with smart colleagues – including product managers, technical leads and developers.
- Bonus points if you have planned and conducted user research, you have coding chops, and /or experience in animation or motion design.
At Xero, we are rewiring the small business economy and want millions of small businesses to thrive through beautiful software, advice, and connections. We aim to make being a small business more efficient and profitable for small business owners, and more enjoyable too.
Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you to have fun while you do the best work of your life!
We offer a competitive salary, equity in Xero, career progression, and a great environment and culture to make your time here enjoyable and purposeful.
Check out our latest video of what it's like to work here.
What are you waiting for, apply today!