Got a few questions before you apply? Contact us.
Development | Auckland, New Zealand
We’re looking for Quality Engineers with a passion for building great products to join our Auckland teams.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who enjoys a collaborative approach to software development and likes to share their knowledge with others. We’re looking for Quality Engineers who can promote quality ownership and processes in their teams, and grow their own development skills.
Our Auckland team has over 150 outstanding Developers, Product Owners, Product Managers, Designers, QA’s and Product Marketers who are building software gaining global acclaim. In our Practice Product teams we place a lot of emphasis on collaborative working, delivering exceptional code via modern technical practices (Agile, mob programming, rapid deployment pipelines, feature flagging etc) and giving our teams autonomy to do their best work their way.
Xero's an inclusive environment, with people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you to do the best work of your life, where creativity, innovation and continuous learning are encouraged and celebrated. We value our people and want you to both enjoy and take pride in what you do at work.
What you’ll do:
- Be an active contributor in a cross-functional team, working alongside Product Owners and Developers to deliver tested and reliable software.
- Be a quality champion - share your knowledge, lead and coach others in analysis, testing and quality practices so your team is effective at building quality in
- Contribute to test automation over multiple layers of the system
- Contribute to development tasks and be keen to upskill in coding and devOps tasks
What you’ll bring:
- An understanding of cloud based software and web services
- Strong analysis and quality facilitation skills
- The ability to lead and coach others
- An interest and an ability to write automated tests at multiple levels
- A willingness to be an active and positive member of a highly collaborative and cross-functional agile team and to grow your development skills
Some things which make these roles awesome:
- Honing your skills on how to deliver global software products at scale, using the latest tech and approaches
- Working with smart, motivated people in a supportive environment
- A strong culture of wanting to be better and making it happen
- Empowered to try things out and make a real difference for our teams and our customers
Have fun while you do the best work of your life! We’re a place where personal development, innovation, and change are not only encouraged but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
We're a huge part of the development community and you'll find Xeros attending and speaking at conferences and hosting meetups. We're really open in our discussions at Xero, from the latest product management thinking to diversity and inclusion.
Xero is a NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and is Rainbow Tick accredited too.We are interested in how your experience and passion apply to the attributes listed above, so be sure to apply with your CV and a Cover Letter explaining why you’re a great fit!