Got a few questions before you apply? Contact us.
Development | Canberra, Australia
At Xero we are rewiring the small business economy and want millions of small businesses to thrive through beautiful software, advice and connections. We aim to make being a small business more efficient and profitable for small business owners, and more enjoyable too. Xero has been rated by Canstar Blue as Australia’s best accounting software four consecutive years from 2015-2018.
About the role
An exciting opening currently exists in our expanding Canberra office for a Product Owner. You will work with a talented development team responsible for executing on our product vision and roadmap by creating and delivering innovative solutions that solve real world customer problems. We work in an engaging, agile environment where you will be encouraged to expand your skills, test your creative boundaries, share new ideas, and most importantly – have fun.
To be successful as a Product Owner at Xero you'll ideally have:
- Experience working with an Agile product delivery team who look to you for guidance and support every day to build the best products customers will love to use.
- An Understanding of customer pain points and the ability to prioritise what needs to be addressed and when.
- Passionate about the importance of measuring impacts from everything delivered, ensuring analytics are planned and in place to provide insights whilst working with product analysts as required.
- Previous success working with a delivery team to ensure the solutions being developed are delivered on time alongside realising the vision, roadmap and the customer value it was intended to.
- Ability to work closely with other teams from the wider business, such as support, marketing, training and sales, who help bring your solutions to market - and be used by millions of people every day.
- Passion for representing Xero’s product and ability to present at internal and external events or community forums.
As the successful candidate you will have proven experience working in a SaaS or comparable product role. Alongside hands on exposure to Agile processes and principles. You will possess a passion for creating beautiful products that solve real customer problems. And have a proven success in measuring product performance whilst working closely with product analytics.
Your ability to influence those around you will reflect your open and effective communication style. You will bring authenticity, diplomacy and drive to the team alongside your “can-do” attitude and cross functional relationship building skills.
Just as important as the technical chops is the ability to be #human and take ownership of your environment. We are so lucky to have amazing people to work with and offices to work in based here in Canberra and we'd love you to be a part of it.
Xero is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity, foster innovation and celebrate success. We will offer you flexible working hours and arrangements that allow you to balance your life and passions. We trust you to create to the best of your ability and will support your desire for continual learning with training and career guidance to help you flourish.