Terms and Conditions
Your Xerocon Melbourne registration includes entry for one person to both days of Xerocon Melbourne 2017 to take place on 13 and 14 September 2017, as well as the networking drinks. If you choose not to attend one of the included events that make up the Event no refund or discount will be offered.
*Price subject to change. NZD price is calculated based on exchange rate on 23 January 2017 from xe.com. All tickets will be charged in AUD and actual NZD price is subject to your credit card company exchange rate at time of purchase.
1. These terms will apply to all delegate registrations for Xerocon Melbourne 2017 (including the networking drinks and Xerocon Block Party) and Xero Uni Day (“Event”). When you register you acknowledge and accept these terms in full.
2. Xero reserves the right to reject or accept your registration at any time in its absolute discretion. Acceptance of your registration is confirmed by Xero only when its acceptance is communicated to you by email.
3. You agree to comply with all reasonable instructions issued by Xero or venue management in relation to the Event.
4. All delegates acknowledge that the material presented at the Event is copyrighted and cannot be re-used without the written express permission of the organizer.
5. All unauthorized photography and the recording or transmitting of audio or visual material, data or information is expressly prohibited.
6. You will be provided with a Jomablue Smart Badge (“Badge”) to be used by you at the Event. The Badge contains technology allowing you to easily exchange electronic business cards and provide your personal details to exhibitors and other businesses (“Third Parties”) that may be represented at Xerocon (“Service”). You acknowledge and agree that:
any information you transmit to Third Parties during the Event by way of using the Badge and Service is at your own risk and Xero makes no representations or warranties about how those Third Parties may retain, use or disseminate your information.
If your Badge is misplaced or lost, you will advise the information counter so it may be deactivated.
After the Event it is safe to dispose of your Badge as you wish as it will no longer work.
7. Xero reserves the right at any time to change the format, participants, content, location and timing or any other aspect of the Event, in each case without liability.
8. All guarantees, representations, conditions and warranties of any nature are expressly excluded. However nothing in these terms limits, excludes or modifies or purports to do so, the guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and the Australian Consumer Law. If these laws impose any inalienable consumer rights then to the extent of any inconsistency with these terms, these terms are to be read down to permit those rights.
9. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Xero, its employees, agents and contractors will not be liable for personal injury or death, property damage, or any other loss (including without limitation, liability for negligence, breach of these terms or any other agreement), damage, cost or expense (including, without limitation, loss of profits, business interruption, loss of information, indirect, special, punitive or consequential loss or damage) arising out of or in connection with the Event. This includes and is not limited to any losses associated with cancellation costs relating to travel, flights, accommodation, should the Event be cancelled.
Please advise us by email (email@example.com) if you are not able to attend the Event. A full refund (less AUD $50 administration fee) will be made to the source of the payment of the registration fee if we are notified by email at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 15 working days prior to the Event.
If Xero cancels or changes the date or location of the Event and any change of the date or location of the Event means you are no longer to attend, it will offer a full refund for any paid registration fees. Any such refund will be made to the source of the payment.
Otherwise, no refunds will be made available unless required by law.
You consent to filming, sound recording and photography of the Event as an attendee and consent to the use by Xero of any such recording or photography anywhere in the world for promotional and other purposes.
Xerocon 2017 Exhibitor Competition Terms and Conditions
This promotion is conducted by Xero Australia Pty Limited ABN 89 124 215 247 (Xero), and is open from 24 June 2017 until midnight (AEST) on 18 August 2017 (the Promotion Period). Xero may, at its sole discretion, extend the Promotion Period.
To be eligible for consideration by the promotion judge, entrants must:
be located in Australia;
be a Xero Add-on partner prior to, and during, the Promotion Period;
have purchased (and fully paid for) an an exhibitor space at Xerocon 2017 prior to the expiration of the Promotion Period;
answer the entry question; and
have and maintain (including for the duration of its use or receipt of the prize) at its sole expense public liability insurance with a reputable insurance underwriter for public liability insurance with a limit of liability of at least $10,000,000,
Xero may at its sole discretion waive the requirement that an entrant satisfy clause 2(e) of these terms.
For the purposes of this promotion, the “entrant” will be the Add-on Partner.
Xero’s decisions on all matters relating to this promotion (including eligibility of entries and the judging of entries) will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
There will be one (1) winner chosen by Xero from the entrants that have met the Entry Criteria. The winner will be the entrant judged by Xero that provided the most creative, inspiring and original answer to the promotion question.
The draw will be conducted at 1/6 Elizabeth Street, Hawthorn VIC 3122 within 24 hours of the end of the Promotion Period. The winner will be notified by Xero within 5 days after the end of the Promotion Period. Preparation and delivery of the Prize will be arranged in consultation with the recipient at the earliest convenience of Xero.
Each winner will receive a Xero Brand exposure and content package (Prize) which includes the following:
a) the production of a video promoting your business in hype reel format. This includes filming and post production by Xero. The video will be no more than 2 minutes in length. Shooting and filming locations to be determined by Xero at its absolute discretion (which may be other than your business location). Xero will allocate a maximum of 60 staff hours to filming and production.
b) promoted social media posts on Facebook featuring the video (with a value of up to $5,000); and
c) a blog post about your business written by a Xero copywriter to be published on the Xero blog (www.xero.com/blog/) on a date determined by Xero.
The prize is not redeemable for cash and is not transferrable.
All incidental costs associated with the winner’s receipt of the Prize which are not set out at clause 6, including transport, accommodation, transfers, insurance, complying with clause 11 or any other outgoing or operational is the responsibility of the Prize winner. Xero makes no warranties or representations to the winners in relation to the quality, expected revenue or takings (if any) that may be generated by the winner’s receipt, use or exploitation of the Prize in accordance with these terms.
There will be a limit of one entry per eligible Xero Add-on partner.
Xero employees are not eligible to enter the draw.
A collaborative approach is necessary to enable Xero to prepare and deliver the Prize which will mean that the winner’s time, effort and commitment is required (Obligations). Xero may terminate its obligation to prepare and deliver the Prize if Xero determines (acting reasonably) that the winner is unable or unwilling to perform the Obligations.
Entrants (and for the purposes of receiving the prize, the winner) agree that they are fully responsible for any materials they submit via the promotion including but not limited to comments, recordings, documents and images (Content). Xero shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. Xero may remove, decline to publish, and/or invalidate any Content/entry without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that:
they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that Xero may deem is in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights or Content that Xero otherwise deems as inappropriate;
their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity;
they will obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their Content;
the Content is the original artistic work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party;
they consent to any use of the Content which may otherwise infringe the Content creator’s/creators’ moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights; and
they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others' computer or communication systems.
Without limiting any other terms herein, the entrant agrees to indemnify Xero for any breach of this clause 12.
As a condition of entering this promotion, each entrant licenses and grants Xero, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (which shall include Content) for any purpose, including but not limited to the creation of the Prize, future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
To the extent permitted by law, Xero and its affiliated companies shall not be liable in any way (including, without limitation, in negligence), for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including, without limitation, direct, indirect or consequential loss) or for any loss or damage or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the promotion.
These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia.