We use cookies to make your experience better. By using xero.com, you accept our cookie notice terms.

Brought to you by

The Xero dashboard is getting a new look

Posted 2 months ago in Product by Emily Henlein
Posted by Emily Henlein

In the months ahead, you may notice that your Xero dashboard looks a little different. It’s all part of our work to upgrade the technology that underpins our platform, so it doesn’t slow us down over time. Just as you need to upgrade your phone every few years, we need to update Xero so we can continue to build the features that you need in your business or practice.

The functionality of your Xero dashboard won’t change, but there are some small tweaks to the design that may take some getting used to. The new version is designed to give you a consistent experience across Xero, while also improving speed and accessibility. Here’s an overview of the changes you can expect to see soon.

What’s changed?

• We’ll introduce a new ‘hide’ button instead of the old ‘x’ button on introduction and welcome banners, which will run across the top of the screen
  • The ‘edit’, ‘save’ and ‘cancel’ buttons will be located in the top-right corner of your screen, instead of the bottom
  • If you’re an accountant or bookkeeper, you will notice new names and descriptions for each widget when setting up a Xero account for the first time
  • A new colour strip on the information panel below widgets will help you understand what step to take next (orange strip) or any errors (red strip) at a glance
  • When editing your dashboard, you’ll be able to select or unselect a ‘show’ checkbox, instead of clicking the ‘hide’ button
  • The drag icon will be at the bottom of the widget instead of the top, and there’ll be a yellow placeholder that will appear when you move widgets, so you can see the location more clearly

We’re always listening

We’ve had a really positive response from customers who have tested the new dashboard as part of our design research panel. We will continue to listen to your feedback on the features you’d like to see in the future, so we can make it easy for you to keep an eye on your finances and stay on top of your cash flow.

183 comments

Susan Feasey
May 12, 2022 at 1.35 am

Can you please tell me how I now “search” on Xero? I used the magnifying glass icon in the top right hand corner all the time but I have logged in today and it’s not there! Can anyone help & advise how I now search?

Thank you.

Mandy
May 12, 2022 at 8.45 pm

Mine disappeared yesterday, but it is back – thankfully!

Daniel Farmer
May 12, 2022 at 1.37 am

Where did the search icon on the top right side go to???

Louise Gladwell
May 12, 2022 at 1.37 am

Am I right thinking the ‘search’ facility has gone from the dashboard?

Matt
May 12, 2022 at 1.43 am

Where did the search button go on the top right?
it used to be next to the notifications bell?

Emma Lumsden
May 12, 2022 at 1.52 am

Hi, I seem to have lost my search button in the upgrade? It used to be in the blue bar at the top of the page. Where can I find it now?

Thanks

Emma

Sandi Smith
May 12, 2022 at 1.58 am

The magnifying glass has gone so I now have to do three operations to check if a contact exists rather than one 🙁

Murdo Laurie
May 12, 2022 at 2.29 am

Where has the search icon gone?

Ro
May 12, 2022 at 2.43 am

Why take the quick search function away? this is a real pain, not a good move.

Christy Woods
May 12, 2022 at 2.47 am

What happened to the search bar that was on the right top corner? If I am trying to locate an existing quote or invoice, how do I go about that now?

Fiona
May 12, 2022 at 2.47 am

Please bring back the Search Icon which used to be on top right of the Dashboard first page – it used to be a one click search and now it appears to be at least 2 or 3 I think as I am now having to try to find out out to do it! A shade frustrating for a Luddite user.
Fiona

Andrew Bates
May 12, 2022 at 3.10 am

The search box at the top of the page has disappeared. It was really useful (apart from it couldn’t be used to search unreconciled payments, which was what it would be most helpfully used for).

Patty
May 12, 2022 at 3.18 am

Where is the search button to search for Customers, invoice #s, etc??

Allan
May 12, 2022 at 3.19 am

Where has the search functionality gone?

Paul
May 12, 2022 at 3.28 am

The search button on the top right of my screen has gone? I use this all the time, hopefully its still there?

Abe
May 12, 2022 at 3.31 am

The SEARCH icon is nowhere to found now. Or can you tell where is it? It is extremely important when reviewing bills and spend money transactions.

Vincent R
May 12, 2022 at 3.31 am

Where is the search function that is normally on the top right? We use that a lot. Please return it

christine barnes
May 12, 2022 at 5.22 am

where is the search bar??

Simone Pienkosz
May 12, 2022 at 5.45 am

Hi there, I can’t seem to find the search icon?
Am I blind?

Jorge Leyva
May 12, 2022 at 5.54 am

How can I search invoices or amounts in Xero now? I can’t find the search tool

Mary Holton
May 12, 2022 at 7.56 am

Why did my search bar at the top disappear? Please tell me how to add it back.

Honey Wiseman
May 12, 2022 at 9.20 am

Hi, Please tell me you are not removing the search icon from the dashboard and this being currently missing is a temporary glitch. I feel like my hands have been removed atm 🙁
It’s still showing on the pictorial representation of the new dashboard so I live in hope …

Julianne
May 12, 2022 at 9.25 am

Hi, where did the search button go?

Spencer
May 12, 2022 at 9.26 am

Bring back the search button ASAP this is essential !!!! the other search does not search words properly, this is a major stuff up!

Anita Jackson
May 12, 2022 at 9.30 am

Where has the search function gone !!!!!
Please put it back

Tracy
May 12, 2022 at 9.56 am

where has the “search” icon gone that was in the top right hand side of screen gone please?

Todd
May 12, 2022 at 10.01 am

where did the search icon go from top right corner??

Xero Xero
May 12, 2022 at 10.08 am

Hi – we’re sorry that there was an issue preventing users from using global search. Our technical teams have implemented a fix and the global search feature is now available. However, some customers may initially experience delayed search results for newly created documents. Please let us know if you are still missing the search function. We’re so sorry for any inconvenience this caused.

hw in reply to Xero
May 12, 2022 at 9.47 pm

I have no search or anything at the top of the screen at the moment. Is there a way of getting it all back? I lost a days working yesterday and now I have no idea how to search or where I look to add invoices etc. time is money. And I spend a lot of time on Xero.

Xero in reply to hw Xero
May 16, 2022 at 9.39 am

Hi, the search function should now be back. If you still can not see it, can you please raise a ticket with our Support Team so we can investigate this for you. Thanks!

Michael
May 18, 2022 at 11.19 am

How do I reconcile our account? The pop up has disappeared.

Xero in reply to Michael Xero
May 18, 2022 at 12.43 pm

Hmmm…that does sound a little strange. Can you please raise a ticket with our Support Team so we can investigate? Thanks so much!

Fiona Thorey
May 20, 2022 at 12.40 pm

If you are going to make changes, make good ones, like when scrolling the bank transactions put the ‘next’ page button at the top as well, its very annoying as is-.

Xero in reply to Fiona Thorey Xero
May 23, 2022 at 11.55 am

Hi Fiona – thanks so much for your feedback, which has been shared with our product teams.