Empowering people to do the best work of their lives is a crucial ingredient to Xero’s success and growth. As our Chief Customer Officer, Rachael Powell explains, ‘When we get this right, our people focused culture resonates from the inside out, ultimately delighting and serving our number one priority – our customers and partners across the world.’
Our driving force here at Xero is to empower our diverse network of small business owners and partners to learn, grow, and succeed, both professionally and personally. In doing so, we’ve recognised that there’s more we can do to scale what’s working from the inside out, which is why we’re excited to launch Soft Skills Education on Xero Central.
What is it all about?
As many Xero customers will know, we have a comprehensive suite of education materials and events designed to help you make the most out of your subscription every day. Education is a crucial piece of being a part of the Xero community, which is why we’re dedicated to continuing to evolve, improve and grow this content so that you’re supported to flourish and thrive.
We also know that as both Xero and our customers grow, many of the challenges we face won’t just be confined to the technical side. Rather, our community will be better served by building capability in areas like communication, leadership, and wellbeing and sustainability. While they may be called ‘soft skills’ (funnily enough), it’s these translatable strengths that are often what helps best when people are feeling challenged or stressed at work.
How can I build my capability as part of the Xero community?
The Xero team has brought together a wealth of experts and programs, all designed to help you grow, succeed, and overcome challenges. Across the coming months you’ll start to see:
- a growing online academy of resources including guides, templates, and more.
- comprehensive educational lessons connecting you to experts and more on wellbeing, growing your business, sustainable business, leadership, and mastering communication.
- An online learning community of fellow Xero customers with a commitment to their own development and that of their team.
- A monthly video series addressing the areas we all struggle with through interviews from the best in the biz. Since launching the series, our fan favourites have been: How to communicate with impact and How to run a sustainable business.
- Xero Hour (coming soon), a chance for you to connect online and discuss the content and challenges presented in Xero Now with a like-minded community, including the experts.
We can’t wait to hear what you think, and we look forward to developing Xero Central’s Soft Skills Education program in line with what’s having a positive impact on you and your customers.