Brought to you by

The WorkflowMax app for iOS lets you do business on the go

Posted 3 years ago in Product by Jason Langworthy

Being able to do business on the go – while you’re out and about running errands, visiting job sites and clients – is a beautiful thing. And now it’s something you can do a lot more of with the new WorkflowMax app for iOS.

Let’s face it, signing into the Practice Manager desktop app just isn’t possible when you’re on the go. Likewise, having to remember the details of all the jobs you worked that day as well as time spent on each can be tricky. And the truth is, some functions are simply better suited to mobile. They’re easier to accomplish and are less time consuming on your personal device.

Highly intuitive and user friendly, the new WorkflowMax app for iOS has been designed to help you go about your day-to-day tasks as efficiently as possible and to give you a simpler, better experience on the move. Check out this video below and the following summary of benefits for a look at how the new WorkflowMax app can help you do beautiful business while you’re on the go.

Quickly access your account

Jump right into your Practice Manager account using a PIN or Apple Touch ID.

Use the timer to effortlessly record time on the go

Logging time from a job site? Just start the timer to begin recording. Or you can easily enter the hours worked afterwards too. And if you’re pressed for time – set a draft time entry, adding more detail when you’re back at your computer.

Easily manage job details

Want to get a quick overview of your jobs? Or see what tasks have been assigned to you that day? The WorkflowMax app for iOS makes it easy to check the status of all active jobs, including costs, or any notes and documents associated with them. Tick off milestones as you meet them, for jobs, add or edit tasks and mark them ‘complete’ as you go. All your updates will then also be instantly available for anyone logged in back at the office.

View client information at a glance

Access all your client details when you’re on the move, and make contact if you need to, directly from the app.

Swap between accounts with the touch of a button

If you’re using multiple accounts with WorkflowMax, it’s super easy to switch between organizations.

Download the new WorkflowMax app today

If you’re an existing Practice Manager user, simply download the app from the app store and sign in. Not yet a user? Try Practice Manager for free.

We love hearing what’s working (and what’s not) so that we can make every update more valuable and better than the last. Just share your views in the comments section below.

26 comments

Mike Fieldhouse
January 29, 2016 at 6.40 pm

Loving the app. One issue on practice manager is the inability to filter job types. Our main job screen is cluttered with Adhoc jobs generated by Xero. Could a filter be added to that view?

Nick Connor
February 2, 2016 at 7.27 am

Thanks for the feedback Mike; we can definitely look at doing that. Are there any other variables you’d find useful to filter by? Post them up here, or get in touch at nick.connor@xero.com.

Niki Cotter
February 2, 2016 at 11.07 am

Not sure if its just my iphone but when I put in my time it won’t let me use a ‘.’? As normally we work in 6 min units so I am used to says 0.3 rather than 0:18 … is there a way to change it so I can use the ‘.’?
Also filtering would be great! If you can filter based on client name, date job created, job status – the same as it is on the website please 🙂

Nick Connor (Xero)
February 2, 2016 at 1.07 pm

Thanks for letting us know Niki, and great point about filtering too, thank you. We can definitely look at including your time entry suggestion. Just a note, if you actively record your time in the mobile app using the Timer, and also have the practice level “Round up to Nearest Minute” setting set to “6 minutes”, you can actually just go about your day recording time as you go, and have the webapp apply that 6 minute rounding for you automagically. I realise that might not be how you’d like to work, just thought I would mention it in case it helped.

Niki Cotter
February 3, 2016 at 4.06 pm

Thanks Nick.

Yes I knew about the timer but rarely am I actually accounting my time instantly – if I had a big red button my screen or someone to tap me on my shoulder to tell me to check my time I probably would remember but I’m sure my clients won’t appreciate me doing a timer error when I have gone out for lunch 😉

Ernani Contursi
February 2, 2016 at 11.49 am

I think the app should have the ability to filter from the “My” view and the “All” view if you have access to it.

From our users who only have access to their job only works fine but for our users with the capability to see all the jobs view is very polluted and hard to navigate.

I also think the time summary and productivity pie chart would be a nice addition.

Nick Connor (Xero)
February 5, 2016 at 8.30 am

Hey Ernani – totally agree that a filter would help a Job Manager sort through the jobs list. I’ve added that to our backlog, along with your idea of a summary page. Thanks!

Cam Lee
February 2, 2016 at 12.50 pm

Looks nice and clean on an iphone 6s – would an android app be on the roadmap?

Nick Connor (Xero)
February 5, 2016 at 8.32 am

Thanks Cam – glad to know you like it’s look and feel! At the moment we’re trying to make this app as good as it can be, but we’re planning an Android app next. Watch this space!

Luke McGaughey
February 2, 2016 at 6.20 pm

Any chance of it being made for Android?

Nick Connor (Xero)
February 5, 2016 at 8.33 am

There is indeed a chance Luke – watch this space for updates. We’re focusing on making the iOS app the best it can be for now, but we’re planning an Android app next.

Yvan
June 9, 2016 at 6.14 am

Any update on Android App?

Carlos
June 10, 2016 at 10.23 am

Hi Yvan,

yes, it is on the oven, we expect it to hit the market later this year, around the last quarter (Oct-Nov-Dec).

We might, however, have an earlier version for beta testing, would you be interested to have a look before hand? It’d help us heaps to get some critical feedback before going live with it.

Daniel
June 23, 2016 at 6.29 am

I would love to test the Android beta if it’s possible. My work team has half a dozen Android users who are accessing WorkflowMax via browser; the rest are using the app via iPhone.

Kent
November 15, 2016 at 3.12 pm

Any update on a release or beta release for the Android app?

Nicola Blackmore
March 17, 2016 at 7.59 am

Is it possible to change the time entry to decimal point in the app rather than hour minute?

Nick Connor
June 23, 2016 at 11.42 am

Hi Nicola – thanks for posting up. We cut this feature due to lack of use but it should be simple enough to add back into scope. I’ve added it to our backlog for consideration.

Keep posting your ideas, thank you!

Joanne Bell
June 9, 2016 at 10.29 pm

The app is only available in the US App Store. Can you please make it available in the Canadian App Store?

Sarah
June 22, 2016 at 6.04 pm

Is it only possible to enter time on that day, I had a go on the app and couldn’t find a way to enter previous days time.
We have an office of 55+ who work on various jobs every day, and trying to get them to do there timesheets weekly is an issue. If they could enter past time when they are waiting in the airport etc. for that past week it would be very beneficial.

Thanks

Nick Connor
June 23, 2016 at 1.07 pm

Sarah you’re in luck – we’re due to publish a new release in the next couple of days. Keep an eye on the app store and your inbox an update. The functionality we’re releasing will allow you and your staff to add time for days in retrospect, and to submit their weekly timesheets. Let us know what you think.

Chris Worrad
August 4, 2016 at 1.14 am

Great Mobile App to complement a Great Web App – but …

A show stopper for sole traders is the lack of a way of generating a job from the field through the iPhone. I know that you can always call someone back in the office to set up the job for you on a Mac/PC – and the new job will soon magically appear on your device. But, what if you don’t have someone back in the office. Forced back to the old pen & paper to record time & costs to be entered later when you get back.

Tell me I ‘ve overlooked a checkbox somewhere in the General Settings…please.

Carlos
August 4, 2016 at 11.41 am

Hi Chris,
not you have not. At the moment the app does not allow for job creation.

We’re improving the app as we go, we have recently released the ability to manage your time retrospectively and we’ll keep bringing out new enhancements, see:

And yes, the ability to create not only jobs but clients too on the spot is key for a mobile business. That’s something we want to look into.

We have a couple more enhancements for IOS coming soon, and right now we´re quite busy developing our Android version of the app. Once these are well underway jobs and clients will be our main focus.

Thanks

Leanne
November 15, 2016 at 12.16 pm

Any update on when the android app will be available.

Carlos
November 16, 2016 at 11.47 am

Hi Leanne,

the Android App is on track, we should have it out earlier next year.

Brad
November 15, 2016 at 5.38 pm

I generally havn’t been able to use the app because of the inability to also filter by due date/staff/status but it also doesn’t allow you to change the status of the job and assign remove staff from the job. I am still using the desktop version on my iphone plus awaiting a new release with added features.