There is a lot of serious sharing, learning, discussion, networking and news at Xerocon. But if you put 1,600 accountants, bookkeepers, and techies in a room, some crazy stuff is bound to happen.
Here are six of the awesome moments we spotted at Xerocon this year.
1) One partner drove for 3.5 days across the Nullarbor, from Perth all the way to Melbourne, to be here!
Driving from perth to melbourne for #xerocon #morethanhalfway @DeniseTwigger pic.twitter.com/cXRASCOBNg
— Bas n Balances (@basnbalances) August 9, 2015
Super cool @basnbalances travelling all the way across #Australia to get to #Xerocon. Xero Gold across the Nullarbor! pic.twitter.com/0rqqftdOHS — Steven Leaney (@StevenLeaney) August 10, 2015
2) Branding really went to the next level. One add-on partner not only came here all the way from London, but really went big with the outfit all the way!
Got my Heathrow express ticket. The journey to #xerocon & meeting the @Xero Australia community begins – so excited! pic.twitter.com/FvPCynyyuT
— Sir Chasealot (@SirChasealot) August 3, 2015
All checked in! Next stop @Xero Australia and #xerocon. Can’t wait! pic.twitter.com/jfMuln2qnK — Sir Chasealot (@SirChasealot) August 3, 2015
3) Oh, so you thought accountants just did the books and helped businesses survive and thrive? Well, they can also dance:
4) It wasn’t just about the people…there was also a robot (not to mention a caricaturist…drawing the robot!):
Even the eWay robot is getting in on the action! @RetailExpress01 #xerocon @eWAY_ pic.twitter.com/JztflZjC6t
— Retail Express (@RetailExpress01) August 13, 2015
5) Melbourne went Xero-mad! One of the city’s famous trams was even wrapped in Xero branding.
6) They started young this year! Here’s the Hon Bruce Billson, Federal MP for Small Business with the youngest accountant at Xerocon.
We are here @Xero and love that they’re starting young #smallbizAU pic.twitter.com/k7StWvaitg — Bruce Billson (@BruceBillsonMP) August 14, 2015
What crazy moments did you see at Xerocon Melbourne 2015?