Add a New Zealand Companies Office badge to your website

Over the last few years we’ve been working with the New Zealand Companies Office on a number of initiatives to improve online trust between businesses.

They are a great bunch at the Companies Office. They “get” technology and like to deliver. Over the past few months they’ve delivered a stable URL (a hyperlink) for each company on the New Zealand Companies Office Register and a badge you can put on your site. This allows your trading partners to see quickly who is behind your business.

There has been many times when I’ve wanted to find out who I was dealing with, especially when buying goods online. We think that if you know who you are dealing with, it does make you more likely to do business with them.

Here’s ours:

Company URL: and our Company Badge

Logo of Companies Office

We have added this to our About page which you can see here:

How do I get my New Zealand Companies Office badge?

Simply log in to the Companies website, find your company, and under MY TOOLS  you’ll see the option below.

Companies Office site navigation to add a company badge

Congratulations to the Companies Office. A very nice step forward.

July 9, 2013 at 5:04 pm

Cool. Would be nice if it was this easy to see who you were dealing with in Australia…

Elizabeth Salter
July 9, 2013 at 5:48 pm

That’s great. I’d like this for Australia as well. But maybe without the director’s home addresses being public like that?

July 9, 2013 at 9:05 pm

Hi Rod, I’ll second James’ comment above. Have you had any discussions with ASIC on this? Cheers, Rhys

July 10, 2013 at 8:47 pm

ASIC (in Australia) can’t even manage to answer the phone these days or field simple queries. I would be surprised if they had the “brain space” for a simple consumer protection measure like this.

Victoria Mudaraya
July 11, 2013 at 8:58 pm

Wow, it’s a great idea – making all online business, both e-commerce and especially services far more secure, and ensuring more trust. Wish such badges were avaliable in the US too

Ian McCall
July 12, 2013 at 2:22 am

Wish they were available in the UK too!