Bank Reconciliation now available on Android

Bank reconciliation is now available on your Android device.

What’s the first thing you do in the morning? If you’re anything like me, it’s pick up your phone from your nightstand, check email and social networks, maybe browse a few news sites – all before getting out of bed.

Now you can add “reconcile bank transactions” to the list. From today, Bank Reconciliation is available for our Android users to download from Google Play.

With bank reconciliation on Xero Touch, you’ll be able to reconcile most of your bank transactions before getting to your desk. The bank reconciliation feature finds possible transaction matches, suggests possible transaction categorisations, supports transfers and allows you to leave notes on those statement lines that you’re unsure about.

When we first started Xero we found that the number one thing that business owners did in the morning was go online to check their bank account –  to see if they got paid. Xero Touch is the fastest way to not just check who paid you but to keep on top of your cash flow. Just a minute or two in the morning and you’re up to date.

iOS coming soon

iOS is currently in testing and will need to go through the App Store approval process – it’s a few weeks away but we are working hard on it. Our intention was to release both together, but the Android release came together faster.  The iOS release has a few design updates and was migrated to the latest version of the Sencha Touch mobile development framework, so there is a bit more work involved.

What’s next?

We have a busy year planned and a lot of things on the go – but there’s room for your ideas too. You can make suggestions for Xero Touch in our business community – you can start a new feature request or lend your support to an existing one.

Martin
February 2, 2013 at 12:24 pm

Is that REALLY the first thing you do in the morning? Or were you just looking to make a point? I can’t see straight till I’ve had breakfast and a shower, nevermind look at a tiny screen to make witty comments on a social network!

Andrew Haynes
February 2, 2013 at 1:10 pm

Must admit I spend a few minutes on my phone before getting out bed in the morning. Usually it’s email, SMH (news) and social networks. Not sure if I’ll add bank reconciliation to the morning ritual… but once the iphone release comes out I’m sure i’ll be reclaiming some dead time to knock off a few statement lines here and there on my phone.

Matt Vickers
February 2, 2013 at 1:48 pm

@Martin – Pretty much. Usually pick up my phone first thing, even if it’s just to check my calendar to see if I need to be at work early!

Andy Housley
February 2, 2013 at 7:30 pm

Can’t think of anything better than sorting out my day from the comfort and warmth of my own bed. Quick catchup on SM, browse the news and now reconcile a good 90% of items leaving me time to deal with the real issues later.

It’s all about working smart not hard for me.

Sean O'Rourke
February 2, 2013 at 9:30 pm

This is a giant leap for accounting software. It makes auto bank feeds even more valuable, pity we only have one bank in Ireland on the list. :(

Roberto Roman
February 2, 2013 at 4:13 am

It seems to be like the app “mint” an old and very good one.

Carl
February 2, 2013 at 12:33 pm

The phone’s the first thing I pick up in the morning but only to hit the snooze button. Yesterday we had a new client eagerly ask if they could do bank reconciliations on their iPhone’s to which I responded no but I said that Xero are good for updates and it should be coming soon. Arrived at work checked my Tweets and lo behold it’s here, kind of, but when I see them next for training I can say it’s coming and demo it on my Android phone, awesome.

Sara
February 2, 2013 at 3:30 am

Is anyone else having issues with the discuss buttton crashing the app? Paypal pulled in two duplicate expenses, correctly match the one, but haven’t figured out how to delete the second one in the new android app so planned to “discuss” and leave myself a note to delete when back at my computer. Xero – please look into this bug. Thanks

Matt Vickers
February 2, 2013 at 11:08 am

Hi @Sara – it’d be great if you could email support@xero.com and let them know more details. Without knowing what device you’re using problems like this can be difficult to diagnose.

David
February 2, 2013 at 9:20 am

Actually, I don’t do that. I turn on my tablet and check the emails, finances on that. The phone is the last thing I put on. Usually it’s mercifully OFF and recharging in the morning instead.

Sarah Khogyani
February 2, 2013 at 9:34 am

Thought I was the only one who did this!

Richard Adams
February 2, 2013 at 10:14 am

Excellent update to the app. Really leading the field here

And yes, just like you, the first thing I do is check email, social media and probably send a few messages before extracting myself from bed thanks to the dulcet tones of my 4yr old.

Well done, keep up the great work.

Mukesh Bajaj
February 2, 2013 at 10:33 am

Looking forward to see iPhone Apps. Well done again!

La Tisha Richards
February 2, 2013 at 5:01 pm

This is so neat, thanks Xero.

Matt Jenkins
February 2, 2013 at 6:43 am

I just get a white screen since the latest update on Galaxy Nexus. Help.

Matt Vickers
February 2, 2013 at 11:20 am

Hi @Matt – this is a known issue with the 4.2.2 version of Android – we’re working on a hotfix right now.

Matt Jenkins
March 3, 2013 at 12:41 am

Any word on the ‘hot’ fix? It’s been a month and the app is still unusable on my Nexus.

Matt Vickers
March 3, 2013 at 7:08 am

Hi Matt – very aware of the problem with Android 4.2.2 and a hotfix is our top priority right now. However the problems are significant. We do not yet have an ETA.