Bank feeds for Xero Personal

You can stop importing those .csv files into Xero Personal – our personal finance product now has bank feeds! Connect Xero Personal to your bank and your online banking transactions automatically come through every morning for you to sort and categorize.

Many of the bank feeds supported by Xero Business are supported immediately, with more coming in the New Year. Over time the number of banks included will only increase.

We’ve also added notes to transactions so you can put any detail you want on your spending. Have a look at how bank feeds, sorting rules (released in July) and notes on transactions work together to give you a complete picture of your finances in this video:

Check this list now to see if your bank is available, or log into your Xero Personal, add an account, and type in your bank’s name to see if it is there.

If you aren’t already using Xero Personal then do sign up. You’ll love how easy it is to get a complete picture of your spending when your transactions come through every morning.

January 4, 2013 at 1:25 pm

I am really disappointed. I emailed sales Xero asking if bank feeds for BNZ were available (because for me bank feeds are one of the most important things and a buying reason) and the person answered saying yes. I bought then the subscription and now I can’t set up bank feeds for my BNZ accounts because all this stuff about Xero and Money Map. I tried to contact both departments, Sales and Support, but
nobody has answered yet and I would like to know how I can claim my money back, because as I said, one of the buying reasons was the attractive of having bank feeds like in Xero business.

Can someone from Xero team answer my query please? I want my money back, because one thing is your problem with BNZ but other different is sales advisers lying to potential costumers. If you required the email from the Xero sales person where she clearly says BNZ bank feeds are available, I can provide it.

I appreciate your prompt answer.

Matt Vickers
January 11, 2013 at 1:49 pm

Hi @Fabio – BNZ feeds are available through BNZ’s MoneyMap product, which is powered by Xero Personal technology. You can sign up for MoneyMap through BNZ online banking.

Alternatively you can use Xero Personal by signing up through your Xero account. BNZ feeds are not supported in Xero Personal, but a number of other NZ banks are available through our integration with Yodlee.

I see that our customer care team has already been in touch regarding this and have cleared this up with you.

January 12, 2013 at 10:50 pm

Hi, I absolutely love Xero at work, very excited about Xero personal, however to proceed we need feeds for People’s Choice Credit Union (Australia).

Will this be on the cards for Xero personal anytime soon?

January 24, 2013 at 2:33 pm

I love Xero Personal so much I changed banks yesterday so I could use feeds. Yay for lazyness! haha :)
Although PLEEAAASE Xero could you improve the personal app? I (and I’m betting others!) would be happy to pay a small extra fee for access to a more featured app (don’t forget to include android!)

Thank you for your continued awesomeness at Xero, you’ve made accounting fun – something I thought would be impossible!!

January 27, 2013 at 7:14 pm

Gotta say, the bank feeds are excellent.. Very nice work!

Out of interest, what is the roadmap for future updates to Xero personal now that the bank feeds are completed? I have noticed a lot of talk about improving the workflow and functionality around savings goals, mortgages, net worth etc, and then of course there is the mobile apps.

Personally I am definitely in favour of an improved savings goals mechanism, as to me this seems to be the weakest link at the moment in terms of a wholistic view of ones financial situation. It would be amazing to be able to have multiple savings goals per account…

Anyway, there is a thread for that, so no point getting too off track here. Really, what i’d like to see is a roadmap :) Any plans?

March 15, 2013 at 7:43 pm

I would like xero personal to have feeds from worldwide banks, ie us, uk and nz – could be reported in a single currency? Xero is amazing and has done great things – so this should be easy? And why can I not load a feed from a bnz credit card? Your comments will be appreciated.

Sara Goepel
March 18, 2013 at 1:17 pm

@Jo- We currently don’t support multi currency in Xero Personal. If this is something you’re after be sure to vote for it in the Xero Personal Community feature requests. ( At this stage, BNZ feeds are only available if you’ve signed up directly with BNZ for MoneyMap, which is their branded version of Xero Personal

March 28, 2013 at 8:32 am

Hi there, I am set up to receive email alerts each time my internet banking is accessed – do you know with the bank feeds will this trigger an email alert also. This is with Westpac.
Also, when will Kiwibank be onboard with the bank feeds…. it is so much easier when it all happens automatically – love it!
Many thanks,

Nigel Osborne
May 2, 2013 at 10:47 am

Can you tell me if “ASB Bank” in your list of available bank feeds includes their subsidiary BankDirect?
If not, any estimates for when it might be included?

July 6, 2013 at 5:27 pm

Seven (yes that’s right) 7 months since even a hint of a feature update for Personal users Rod. Embarrassing really for such an innovative company.

Sara Goepel
July 8, 2013 at 1:37 pm

@Ben, over the past 6 months the Xero Personal team have been up skilling new team members (as others have moved onto other projects) and addressing a number of minor changes and enhancements from a backlog that had developed while working on major features.  As far as new features, we have been working with the mobile team to enable APIs for a new iPhone app (coming soon) and we have been working on some smaller feature/enhancements that are in design/development. These will be coming out over the coming months so be sure to keep an eye on the Xero Personal community for updates

August 24, 2013 at 6:59 pm

when will you support People’s Choice Credit Union bank feeds?

August 29, 2013 at 3:26 pm

Also very keen to see People’s Choice Credit Union on the list!

March 29, 2014 at 12:47 pm

Plus 1 for People’s Choice Credit Union bank feeds

Michael Davis
April 7, 2014 at 11:57 am

Regarding People’s Choice – I do not believe this is something Xero can make happen. It is up to People’s Choice. I have contacted People’s Choice numerous times over the past 1.5 years to ask them what they are doing about this. Never received a response. I have a few clients with PC and we simply export the file to CSV and import it into Xero 1-2 times a month. Not ideal given how great Xero Bank Feeds are, but its a work around until People’s Choice get up with the times.

September 26, 2014 at 9:03 am

Could you tell me what time in the morning that Kiwi Bank will put through their Bank Feeds?