Remittance advice and tracking on budgets
Today’s release contains two highly requested features – we’ve had lots of community requests for both remittance advice (yes, you have all been very patient!) and also tracking on budgets, so it’s great to see these coming into the product.
Sending remittances to your customers has been built into the batch payments workflow – simply select one or more bills, follow the existing batch payment steps, and instantly send out individual remittance advice emails to your suppliers.
The remittance itself goes further than simply recording the current payments but also highlights any previous activity, not only showing previous payments but also, for example, whether any credit notes have been applied. I’ve created an example here to give you an idea of what to expect.
Creating budgets has got some loving too – you can now create multiple budgets and even associate them with tracking categories. So it’s possible to do things like create best/worst case budget scenarios and play these out against actuals throughout the year. Or, if you’re using tracking to identify, say, regional costs and sales, you could create different budgets for each region and report on these – lots of possibilities.
We’ve also released a number of other updates that we hope you enjoy.
- Export contacts for a specific contact group
- New default US chart of accounts for our new US users
- The sum of selected invoices now shows in both local and invoice currency (this ticks off another suggestion from the comments on our sniper post)
- Design refresh on login screens
- Extend address auto-complete to address dialogs (New Zealand and Australia only)
- Support for Rabobank (NZ/AU) and HSBC (NZ) batch payment files
Be sure to head on over to our release notes for more details.
Read more about Company News