Sniper release: little features, big impact
Back in May, we released some big stuff, like payroll in Australia and checks for the USA. We’ve also got some big stuff in the pipeline well through development and coming soon – like remittance advices and multiple budgets. But we live by the phrase “release early, release often,” so today the Sniper team are releasing some improvements.
From tweaks to My Xero to cash basis P&L (Income Statement) and Balance Sheet reports, this release is full of little things that you’ve been asking for and that can make a big difference.
We’ve upgraded My Xero to help the increasingly large number of accountants and bookkeepers who have lots of clients on Xero. These upgrades help our Partners:
- Enjoy better performance. The organization list loads independently to the rest of the dashboard making the whole page load faster.
- Search for organizations more efficiently. Searching for an organization now gives you access to functions like billing information as well as being able to go straight to their accounts.
Also, keep an eye out for the style changes we’ve implemented across the entire application.
We’ve added a few things to speed up some common day to day tasks;
- Added “favorite” functionality to the general settings menu, so you can give yourself fast access to the settings you use most frequently.
- Smarter memorization logic on the bank reconciliation screen. Makes bank reconciliation faster for everyone, but it’ll be especially helpful if you reconcile lots of transactions.
- Approving lots of invoices is now faster. When you approve an invoice, you can be automatically taken to the next invoice in the list, great if you’re responsible for approving a number of invoices in one go.
New “favorite” feature in the general settings menu
We’ve also added a cash basis option to the P&L (Income Statement) and Balance Sheet reports. Our US customers have been asking for this, but it’s relevant for anyone who wants a cash only view of their business.
Businesses have lots of data, so we do everything to help move that data to Xero from other systems. This makes it easier for business owners to start using Xero and helps our Partners convert clients to Xero. Today we’ve added two things to make the conversion process easier:
- Tracking categories on fixed asset imports, which is handy when an asset is spread across multiple categories.
- Balances on the Chart of Accounts import, saving you precious time entering this in separately.
To find out what else we’ve been up to, head on over to the release notes.
Read more about Accountants