Xero Blog

« | »

Quotient – simple quoting for your business

Quotient Add-on Partner

So what is Quotient?

Quotient lets you present your quotes and proposals online so they look professional. Tracking, communications and workflow features are included in the quotes and customers can ask questions and accept quotes instantly online.

Who is it for?

Quotient is great for any business where quotes or proposals are an important part of the sales process and need their own workflow, or if you want to streamline the process by bringing it online. Also, if you create a high volume of quotes, managing these separately to your Xero invoices may make sense.

How Quotient works with Xero

An accepted quote can be instantly converted into a Xero invoice. Line items that have been accepted, including quantities and costs, form part of the invoice and there’s a link back to the Quotient quote in case details need to be cross-checked.

Where you can use Quotient

Quotient is available everywhere and has pricing in several currencies including: New Zealand, Australia, United States and the United Kingdom.

Check it out

For a free 30 day trial or to learn more about Quotient, check it out here.

We know many of you have asked for the ability to provide quotes from within Xero and this is something we still are planning to do. However, applications like Quotient are specialists in this area and are likely to provide more advanced features that may suit your needs better.

Posted by on 20 April 2012.

Categories: Business, Developers

27 Responses

1. Ive trialed this product and its really good – but didnt quite suit my needs. I found it’s more designed for companies who provide quotes that require 1 or 2 line items with detailed explaination of the goods/services being supplied. Actually, its more for service based companies than companies that sell simple products that dont really need a detailed explination.

The quotes we provide might have 10 or so line items and we would want to choose from a list of inventory items (of which there are 100’s) which are synced to the inventory items in Xero – as far as I could tell, this product doesnt do that.

by Andrew on Apr 20, 2012 at 9:00 am

2. @Andrew, thanks for the feedback! An inventory of line items (and notes) is in the works, which we are looking to implement in the next 2-3 months.

by Nathan Carter on Apr 26, 2012 at 9:47 pm

3. Looks fantastic but seems to be fresh off the mark with many features still to come. Once matured more I can imagine this really taking off!

by James on Apr 27, 2012 at 2:23 am

4. I have been testing Quotient for my own business and love the ease of setting up templates for quick quotes and creation more detailed ones for those wanting a little bit more. Have used the Add Document option where can insert the Ezidebit Form for subscriptions, Confidentiality Disclaimer and Engagement Letter. All this in one App. Doing business the Xero way could not be easier – has saved me hours doing same old same old. Thumbs up to Quotient.

by Gillian Rossouw on May 4, 2012 at 12:12 pm

5. I am using Quotient, but have found, that the only integration it does is to send the invoice to XERO when a quote is approved.

However you cannot even see your existing XERO contacts in Quotient. This would be handy, when you create a quote.

Instead you have to recreate your clients in Quotient when you send them a quote. Then hope, that the approved quote invoice marries up with the right client.

Also there is no customerisation of the resulting quote – not even with your logo.

Nevertheless it fits my business at the moment, but I hope these other things are sorted in due time.

by Bernhard on May 14, 2012 at 12:14 pm

6. Its pretty slick, but it would be good to see a few more features before I sign up. More contact details for clients e.g phone number (everything Xero has). The ability to drill down into a contact to see past quotes and history. Accepted quotes sent straight to Xero as Accounts Receivable (waiting for approval). I couldn’t find this option? The option to turn off – items, quantity so it doesn’t show in the quote. I guess more customization and it would be GOLD.

by Gared on May 14, 2012 at 4:58 pm

7. I spoke to soon. Work perfect with Xero… nice

by Gared on May 14, 2012 at 5:05 pm

8. I have a few questions:

1. Can I save the quote as a pdf that I can email to the customer rather than providing a link. My customers will get freaked if I deviate from the norm.
    2. Is there any Quotient advertising on the Quotes?
    3. _Exactly_ what currencies are included?
    4. How is tax added on; how do I define the tax rates?

I need a good quoting system that links with Xero for efficency and logistic reasons but my industry is reserved so anything ‘clever’ will be seen as a negative by my customers.

Thanks.

by Neil Benn on May 14, 2012 at 8:36 pm

9. I can’t seem to find an Ipad/Iphone app? is there one coming soon?

by BJ on May 15, 2012 at 1:00 am

10. Thanks for the feedback everyone!

@Bernhard Accepted quotes are sent to Xero, along with the contact which will be matched to an existing contact if the company name is the same. If they don’t exist a new contact will be created in Xero. We have a more seamless contact integration with Xero in the pipeline.

To add your logo to your quotes, see Settings > Account information.

@Neil To answer your questions:
    1. Yes there’s a nice print to PDF option!
    2. There’ll never be Quotient advertising on your quotes. There’s a tiny ‘Powered by Quotient’ at bottom of the quote screen (this doesn’t appear on the PDF).
    3. Currencies supported are AUD, GBP, CAD, EUR, NZD, ZAR, USD …and making live the following shortly: MYR, IDR, SGD, AED, EGP, SAR, THB.
    4. The tax setup is very similar to Xero, in fact all your tax settings are synchronised with Xero. Tax rates are applied to individual line items, with a default rate to speed things up.

@BJ One day! At the moment Quotient is optimised for the iPad – web browser.

by Nathan Carter on May 17, 2012 at 12:48 pm

11. Ok thanks for that; we need more currencies and we don’t have default tax rates as they differ for every country.

by Neil Benn on May 19, 2012 at 3:34 am

12. This is simply a great app. I’ve been using it for the last month and it has saved me a huge amount of time. I thought about not telling anyone how good it was so I could have an advantage over my competitors! but the Quotient team deserve some recognition. Well done.

We are a Building maintenance company and being above to write a quote on an iPad at the job or in the car afterwards is the bees knees.

by Gared Thomas on Aug 15, 2012 at 9:47 am

13. Would love to have the opportunity to custom design the templates, inclusive of some small layout changes as well as colour. I.e instead of the background being blue you could match it to your branding. Also think that teh contact details need to sync with XERO before buying, otherwise we are back to double handling again.

by Kerryn on Sep 13, 2012 at 7:26 pm

14. IPAD & Iphone app also would be great!

by Kerryn on Sep 13, 2012 at 7:27 pm

15. I’ve been using quotient for about 4 months now and while not perfect, I like it. I can’t quote onsite with my iPhone – which I was able to do with my old software – but it solves my biggest issue of collecting signed proposals. I have a few basic templates that need minor tweaking but I can put together a $3000 floor quote and send it out in literally 3-4 minutes, which is fantastic. I use the Xero integration and after acceptance, my project manager just takes the invoice it generates in Xero, tweaks it a little bit and passes it on to the customer for a deposit.

I also like to give my clients 2-4 options on a proposal and they can actually select these online which I think is very cool. I used to have issues conveying options in my past software – Invoice2Go – and probably missed out on revenue as a result. I also had complaints that the old proposals were confusing … I get compliments from my customers on how cool Quotient is. I think 3 so far.

I’m going to be switching to a new piece of software for estimating which is specifically intended for my industry but I’m considering putting all of the output in Quotient instead of using the proposals generated by the new software. It automates my workflow in some pretty minor ways, but it’s enough to make me like it.

One request: add lists of inventory items to choose from!!!

by Marc on Mar 16, 2013 at 9:57 am

16. Hi. I’m looking at changing over to Xero/Quotient but need the option of Progress invoicing, ie the ability to create more than one invoice from a single quote. I can do this with my current software either as a percentage of the entire quote, selected items (or a percentage of selected items)
    Is this function available in Quotient ?
    Cheers, Wayne

by Wayne on Apr 14, 2013 at 10:52 am

17. @Kerryn, the custom look/feel for quotes is in the pipeline. You can now look up your Xero contacts from within Quotient when creating quotes.

@Marc, thanks for the in-depth and kind feedback. Sounds like you’re working Quotient like a pro. The inventory items (for line items and notes) is coming out next, we’re well down the development path and into the testing phase now. We’ll let you know in these comments (and on your dashboard) as soon as this is released.

@Wayne, unfortunately no, not at the moment. Never say never though… in future, quote recipients will be able to make a payment (full or just a deposit) when accepting a quote. As part of this work we’ll be looking at a way to incorporate partial/progress invoices which would also work in with the Xero invoices.

by Nathan Carter on Apr 15, 2013 at 5:16 pm

18. For those still “thinking” about using Quotient just do it. With their simple to use templates and ability to insert docs, pictures and url links, Quotient has taken the burden away putting fun and funky vibes into presentations. Typing quotes in Word is so last year.

by Gillian Rossouw on Apr 15, 2013 at 9:04 pm

19. Is it still in the pipeline that quoting will be a feature in Xero, rather than an add-on? If so, how far off are we talking?

by Kelly Schipper on May 31, 2013 at 1:58 am

20. @Kelly – yes indeed. Our last update on progress was May 10th in our feature request forum – that is the best place to keep track of this: https://community.xero.com/business/discussion/51281/#answer1636459

by Ronan Quirke on Jun 4, 2013 at 12:40 pm

21. Hey folks, the long awaited line items “inventory” is finally available in Quotient:
    …send us your feedback!

by Nathan Carter on Jun 25, 2013 at 1:26 pm

22. Hello – the ability to have progress invoicing from quotes would be very handy. Until this is updated this software remains unusable in my business and I assume a lot of businesses in the construction industry. For me quoting and invoicing is one of the most important things I’m looking for from my accounting software – so is a bit disappointing that this feature is still not built into Xero.

by Zoe Watson on Aug 12, 2013 at 11:11 pm

23. Have a business where we do in-house quotes and sell inventory online and in-house. Love the Quotient app package and have been using it but a few things that hold it back.

It bypasses my inventory programme – integration with Tradevine would be awesome. I am working on implementing Shopify (for webstore) + Shopify POS (for in-house) + Tradevine (for TradeMe listings + managing inventory) – this all works fine except when I do a Quote in Quotient and a customer accepts it goes directly into Xero and thus bypasses inventory.

The easiest way to solve this that I can think of is to turn off the Xero integration which then makes Quotient app a standalone quoting package and eliminates much of the benefit. I guess the other alternative is to manually adjust inventory which then makes many of the sales reports etc in Tradevine incomplete.

Ideally I would like the process to go:

Quotient -> Tradevine -> Xero. With Quotient being another Sales Channel. This would mean all inventory transactions go through Tradevine and then all Sales orders into Xero come through Tradevine.

Any thoughts anyone?

by Andrew Wilson on Oct 13, 2013 at 12:10 pm

24. Andrew’s issue is relevant and typical of what I see as single-socketed apps that are not aware of a common workflow process. Which is not to discredit add-on developments but it is inherent where a serial process such as Quote -> Inventory -> Accounting is not supported across a selection of add-on products. This is prominent with inventory add-ons that are built as source-centric, not recognizing that there are prior processes that need to be accommodated such as sales process of which quoting is one. Until there is recognition of logical process across add-ons to allow a serial connection of products this road block will remain.

by Graeme Leo on Feb 19, 2014 at 8:46 am

25. @Kerryn, just to let you know that in Quotient there’s now some options to modify the quote appearance… like moving your logo up the top, select your own colors and fonts to better match your branding.

You can read more about this update on the Quotient blog:

by Nathan Carter on May 6, 2014 at 5:44 pm

26. HI,

I have xero and recently tried Quotient and love it. I cant get my accepted quotes to go directly to Xero…ANy pointers?

by Simone on Sep 1, 2014 at 11:19 pm

27. @Simone – glad to hear you’re loving Quotient! Please email us at support@quotientapp.com and we’ll help you get your accepted quotes seamlessly sent to Xero :)

by Nathan Carter on Sep 2, 2014 at 1:09 pm