FY12 operating update
We’ve just updated the market on our progress to March 31, 2012.
Xero doubles revenue and invests for growth
Key metrics for the 12 months to March 31, 2012
- Revenue doubled from $9.3m to over $19m
- Business customers grew from 36,000 to over 78,000
- Offshore revenue rose to 51% of Monthly Committed Revenue (MCR)
- Annualised MCR is now in excess of $25.5m
Doubling of customer growth across regions
Country FY2011 FY2012 Growth New Zealand 23,000 47,000 104% Australia 6,000 16,000 166% United Kingdom 5,000 11,000 120% United States/Global 2,000 4,000 100%
Substantial investment continues
As stated at the Xero Annual Meeting in July 2011, the company is pursuing a growth agenda and has recently successfully raised $35.6m to fund that growth.
Xero has become a significant Financial Technology (FinTech) provider having securely processed over $20 billion of transactions on behalf of customers in the last quarter and over $100 billion in transactions in total.
Xero has been focused on growing the business significantly in the last year:
- Staff employed rose from 113 to 194 with 44 staff based in offshore markets
- New offices opened in Auckland, Wellington, Melbourne, Canberra, Milton Keynes and San Francisco
- Two acquisitions were made – PayCycle and WorkflowMax – these have been successfully integrated into the business
- Substantial investment in the Xero hosting platform, which comprises 50 servers hosted across dual data centers in the US. Xero manages over 50 terabytes of production data.
It was another year of substantial growth for Xero as the company focused on acquiring customers and growing revenue, as well as building its team. Xero continues to demonstrate that it can execute effectively across multiple regions, innovate and keep delivering a best in class product and customer experience.
In its home market of New Zealand, Xero is proving to be the preferred provider for the accounting industry. In Australia and the UK, Xero is emerging as a leading challenger by winning market share from the incumbents and introducing a new generation of businesses to accounting.
For FY13, New Zealand, Australia and the UK will be the growth engines for the company. Entry into the US market is progressing well as the company executes its plan and works with early adopters. Key objectives for the US during FY13 are to deliver US product features, further build out the US team and demonstrate traction against incumbent provider Intuit in key accounts.
Thank you to our valued customers, partners and shareholders for your ongoing support.
Read more about Company News