The Developer Workshop has been an awesome day connecting with the developers and Add-on Partners who bring the Xero API to life.
Over 90 people attended the session in Auckland to hear me and the rest of the API team talk about what’s coming next for the API and give some updates on the Add-on Partner and Developer programs. Then we dove into application security with Xero Security Architect Kirk Jackson.
API Product Manager Tony Rule had some interesting API stats:
- Over 650 custom applications use the Xero API
- There are hundreds of thousands of API calls a day
- 80% of calls retrieve data from Xero
Our Add-on Partner program also had some impressive news:
- There are now 75 Add-on Partners
- There are 5,500 add-on connections to Xero organisations
- Add-on usage has grown 275% since June 2011
Taking a broader look at Xero and the opportunities for technology partners, CEO Rod Drury talked about the New Zealand market and how Australia, UK and USA are also tracking. The country managers for these markets were also on hand to give more info on opportunities for Add-on Partners.
It has been a great day with some great insights from the people behind the Xero ecosystem!