Stay on track with your goal history

Keeping track of your budget over time is almost as challenging as sticking to it!

Xero Personal’s new goal history shows you what to cut back on if you need to get your budget under control – whether it’s coffee, clothes, or something else entirely.

From now on, when you start a new goal period, your previous results stay on the goal overview page. You’ll soon have a goal history showing how each aspect of your spending has contributed to your overall budget.

Watch this video:

Like what you see? Get started with Xero Personal here.

Join the conversation at Xero Answers.

Ken
December 1, 2011 at 9:10 am

well done. Always appreciate updates to Xero Personal.

Jeremy Harris
December 1, 2011 at 9:14 am

I’ve been trying for 20 years to find an easy way to keep track of my personal finances – and I’m an accountant! But since I found Xero Personal a few months ago, I’ve been like a pig in mud. It’s sooo easy, and will be even easier when it starts receiving my bank transactions automatically every day.
One of the features I’ve found really useful is that my Net Worth is always up to date. So whenever my bank manager or life insurance adviser needs a new Assets & Liabilities statement, I just print it out from Xero Personal – no more trying to re-create it on paper, using the last one as a template.
My next step is to start using goal setting and tracking. And once I get the hang of that, I want my teenage kids to get on to Xero Personal, so they develop good habits on watching their finances from an early age.
Thanks, @xeropersonal.

Zdenek
December 1, 2011 at 11:34 am

Great feature. However I still have a huge problem that when I set my goals the goals get reset every month? That seems wrong because I want to have certain level of spending as a goal for each category rather than track what the averages are?

Paul
December 1, 2011 at 12:14 pm

Are bank feeds going to be integrated into Xero Personal?

Sara Goepel
December 1, 2011 at 12:30 pm

@Ken & Jeremy: Thank you for the feedback, it’s greatly appreciated

@Zdenek: Can I suggest you add your feedback to Xero Answers so we can keep track of it http://answers.xero.com/personal

@Paul: Absolutely, we’re working on the feeds and updates to the categorisation screens required to support bank feeds now. We haven’t confirmed a release date yet, but we’ll provide more information around the timeline early in the new year

Timothy Munro
December 1, 2011 at 12:31 pm

Please please please we need BANK FEEDS into Xero personal.

Charlie Snell
December 3, 2011 at 7:14 am

Hi Sara. This looks good, but it’s not showing on my goals screen. What should I do to get it. Also, is there a way to change the dates on the goals screen? I’d really like to look at last month, for example not just the current month.

Aiman
December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am

Hi, wouldn’t it be great if this feature available for Xero Business? Better view of expenses budget.

Kate
December 5, 2011 at 4:28 am

Also not showing on my goals screen???

And also think something similar in Xero Business would be helpful

Sara Goepel
December 5, 2011 at 3:32 pm

@Charlie + Kate: The historical goals will only begin to show up when you start a new goal period. If you’ve moved into a new period since Thursday and your historical goal is not showing, can you please let us know on http://answers.xero.com/personal/ so we can look into it for you.