Shameless celebrity endorsement

If Tom Peters had grown up on the rough working class streets of Salford, Manchester I’m convinced he’d have ended up being Brad Burton.

His delivery might be all Salford but his message is universal, and listening to him bark out the harsh realities of small business life in his no-nonsense northern accent translates into a kind of wisdom that resonates with small business owners far more effectively than any Harvard Business Review paper could ever hope to.

As founder and MD of 4Networking, Brad and his team have built the world’s fastest growing business network from nothing to over 50,000 members and three hundred groups across the UK in only five years, and they’ve recently exported 4Networking to Australia. I’ve met Brad three or four times now and I never fail to be kicked up the backside by his frank, tell it like it is manner.

We’re flattered to have Brad and 4Networking as a Xero customer.

Sarah Bradley
October 27, 2011 at 3:52 am

Woohoo – well said Mr Burton. A fantastic app and a mind-blowingly simple online accounting system too. It makes bean counting sexy (yup, I really said that!).

Xero rocks!

Ben Wood
October 27, 2011 at 9:37 am

Um… there is NO SOUND. I get sound on other You Tube videos and other sites but nada from this video.

Gary Turner
October 27, 2011 at 9:43 am

Hi Ben, I suspect there’s some browser based flash player plugin weirdness going down at your end. Which browser are you using?

Michael Mori
October 28, 2011 at 3:09 am

Hi Gary, no sound on Chrome on this clip, other clips and sites work. I will try on You Tube.

Gary Turner
October 28, 2011 at 3:23 am

That’s annoying, Mike. Chrome has a Flash plugin embedded and it’s playing fine inside Chrome for me and others, but not you. Weird. Does the video play with sound in YouTube at all?

Brad C
October 28, 2011 at 9:30 am

Sound works fine for me on Chrome.

He talks a bit fast for this simple Aussie lad – but love the enthusiasm & passion!

October 28, 2011 at 6:47 pm

When played in Firefox (3.6.3 – yes it is old), with Adobe Flash, you only get Audio in the right channel.