Xero Blog

« | »

Xero now supports over 5000 bank feeds

In these uncertain economic times, it’s more important than ever to be in control of your business finances. Being able to monitor in real-time, the flow of cash coming in and out of your business, allows you to make smart decisions quickly and gives you a huge competitive advantage.

In today’s release we’ve added more than 1500 additional automated bank feeds so more of you can easily keep your finger on the pulse. This completes our business integration with Yodlee and means we now support more than 5000 automated bank feeds across the world. New banks include:

The latest bank feeds to be added are those that require more than your username and password to access them – often referred to as multi-factor authentication (MFA). For example, some banks ask for an additional security key or the answer to a personalized secret question or get you to enter the text displayed in a CAPTCHA image.

Authenticate bank feed

To see whether your bank is now supported, add a new bank account (or edit an existing one) and enter the name of your bank from the available list.

Bank details

And if your bank still isn’t supported let us know so we can monitor demand and work with Yodlee to have it added.

Release highlights

Here’s some of the other things we’ve been working on and which are now available.

For more detail about this release see our release notes.

We’ll be posting more details about the US version and Report Packs, so stay tuned.

Posted by on 15 August 2011.

Categories: Business

120 Responses

1. Fantastic :)

I’ve just set up a few feeds for Commonwealth Bank of Australia credit cards. But it only seems to accept login credentials for “Netbank” which is the CBA’s personal internet banking platform.

I’ve got a few clients who use the CBA’s business banking platform “Commbiz” and I can’t seem to get a feed going for them. Commbiz uses entirely different login credentials to Netbank.

This is even more annoying because Commbiz doesn’t offer QIF/OFX downloads…. just CSV.

So Commbiz is the one for which I would REALLY love feeds!

by Andrew Haynes on Aug 15, 2011 at 5:43 pm

2. Barclays bank feeds are done? We love you Xero.

by Adam on Aug 15, 2011 at 7:59 pm

3. Are automated bank feeds supported for personal accounts?

by Nathan Massey on Aug 15, 2011 at 8:00 pm

4. You’ve done Barclays feeds? Thats brilliant, I thought the multi-factor authentication was going to make that impossible. Thankyou!

by Damon on Aug 15, 2011 at 8:34 pm

5. Just wondering if this includes any of the Irish/Northern Irish banks. Would be great to see Bank of Ireland, Ulster Bank, Northern Bank, First Trust etc being included.

by Andrew Cowan on Aug 15, 2011 at 8:38 pm

6. Allied Irish Bank (AIB) Ireland multi-factor done? It keeps reverting to the personal banking options (last 4 digits of phone number).

by Robin Blandford on Aug 15, 2011 at 8:45 pm

7. Can’t get the Barclays Business feed to work (in UK) – it is asking for PIN and memorable word. I asked Barclays what my PIN and memorable word are – and they have no idea what I am talking about…

by Darrell on Aug 15, 2011 at 9:19 pm

8. Having trouble getting Barclays feed to start. Keeps asking for PIN Sentry number. Anyone have any tips?

by Paul on Aug 15, 2011 at 9:43 pm

9. For Lloyds TSB (Business), we have to use a card and a machine every time we log in. How does this work? We do not have memorable information for that account.

Thanks

by Daniel Honeywell on Aug 15, 2011 at 9:55 pm

10. Barclays – sorted…….
    Took me several goes, as a number of things weren’t clear, and may be helpful to others, namely:-
    >>use your PINsentry membership no. not telephone banking one
    >>5 digit pin code – I used the one issued with telephone banking
    >>Surname; yep, needs to be your surname, not the name in which the Bank Account is registered (ie. company name)
    Excellent

by Carl Jaffer on Aug 15, 2011 at 10:41 pm

11. I tried setting up the feed for Barclays, but it didn’t complete, Barclays are telling me they don’t support this when I phoned them this morning! – anyone else having trouble with this?

by Greg Goodson on Aug 15, 2011 at 11:01 pm

12. great news! Thanks guys!

by jay on Aug 15, 2011 at 11:08 pm

13. Hi Guys

Just checked LLoyds TSB Business, it’s asking for Memorable information? this is now not supported by Lloyds TSB Business banking logins but is for personal.

Unable to activate Bank feeds

Steve

by Steve on Aug 15, 2011 at 11:24 pm

14. What about banks such as HSBC who give Customers a “security dongle” or similar where the password (from the dongle) obviously changes each time you login?

by Hugh on Aug 15, 2011 at 11:49 pm

15. Hmmm I’ve tried with Barclays and although it authenticates fine, there’s only feeds from my personal accounts, not the business ones. Ah well…

by Jon Silver on Aug 16, 2011 at 2:15 am

16. Great stuff guys, keep it coming!

by Mark Telford on Aug 16, 2011 at 3:25 am

17. Well done, Xero! We took a leap of faith using Xero last year with only a promise of more US bank feeds — and now you’ve delivered!

Thank you!

by Trevor Gehman on Aug 16, 2011 at 4:41 am

18. I have successfully setup my Barclays Business current account in Xero.

Tips:
    – 5 digit pin number and memorable word seem to be erroneous (I entered a guessed 4 digit pin and guessed memorable word, which I doubt was correct.
    – Use your online banking membership number, not your phone banking number

by Adam on Aug 16, 2011 at 5:43 am

19. Well done Xero, you sure know how to keep our clients happy by ticking all the boxes

by Gillian Rossouw on Aug 16, 2011 at 10:13 am

20. Great! We were waiting for this, however, our Bendigo Bank account does not offer us the GET BANK FEEDS green button. I trided to open the account details and save it again. Didn’t help. Anybody any suggestions? Thanks

by Michal Turek on Aug 16, 2011 at 1:31 pm

21. Does Xero support bank feeds for Vanguard Bank at Vanguard (dot) com? NOTE: We have more then one bank in the US that goes by the name “Vanguard”. I’m looking for the one at anguard (dot) com… Thank you.

by Jon R. on Aug 16, 2011 at 2:19 pm

22. ooops, that was suppose to read “Vanguard (dot) com”

by Jon R. on Aug 16, 2011 at 2:20 pm

23. I still can’t get our Lloyds TSB Business feeds working. What is memorable information?
    I have a Business Authentication Card and reader.

by Derek L on Aug 16, 2011 at 2:36 pm

24. What is memorable information?
    I have a Lloyds TSB Business Authentication Card and reader only.

by Derek L on Aug 16, 2011 at 2:37 pm

25. CIBC in Canada, please. :-)

by Sean Galbraith (@SeanPhotos) on Aug 16, 2011 at 2:41 pm

26. Great news on the update, though I’m not sure these changes will affect me, I’ve appreciated the way you communicated the changes.

I’ve only got two things I can find that are outstanding requests – It seems ING Direct (Australia) isn’t on the Yodlee list of banks that can do feeds, despite there being ING Direct (UK), (US) and (Canada).

It would also be nice to have some changes to ‘Contacts’, so we can have multiple contacts within a single organisation (without doing workarounds).

Keep up the great work guys/gals. I’m really enjoying the product.

by Foxe on Aug 16, 2011 at 2:56 pm

27. Can Xero download from PNC Virtual Wallet – USA

by Regina on Aug 16, 2011 at 4:27 pm

28. Hi there! Great to hear that you’ve added the above banks, as I have been waiting for the Bendigo Bank bank feed integration before purchasing Xero.

I am however having setup issues – my account info in Xero says that Bendigo bank feeds are now available, however there is no ‘get feeds’ button to be found! I notice someone else in this thread is having the issue (http://blog.xero.com/2011/08/xero-now-supports-over-5000-bank-feeds/#comment-16527) so I’m not alone. Could you please advise how I go about setting this up? Thanks :)

by Michelle on Aug 16, 2011 at 4:59 pm

29. Both Lloyds TSB (UK) – Business Banking and Barclays (UK) – Business Banking are asking for fields that are no longer present on the online banking websites, and we’ve asked Yodlee to get these fields corrected. Where you’re asked for fields in Xero that you don’t use when you normally log into online banking, you can usually leave the fields blank. This doesn’t appear to work in the case of Barclay’s (UK) – Business Banking, but in earlier comments you’ll see that some customers have managed to figure out workarounds that might work for you too, at least until Yodlee gets this fixed.

by Andrew Tokeley on Aug 16, 2011 at 5:18 pm

30. @everyone, @michelle – just a note about being careful when you choose the bank name in Xero. You need to make sure you select a bank name from the list of suggestions in the drop-down if you’re after an automatic feed.

The bank name refers to the particular online banking service that you log into when you use internet banking. If an online banking website offers different login forms for personal and business internet banking services, the bank name in Xero will most likely only work with personal online banking unless the desired service (such as business banking) is explicitly given in the bank name. If you’re using Barclays or Lloyds you need to ensure you’ve chosen the correct bank name to access the personal or business services. You can’t use Barclays (UK) to access the business online banking services, and Barclays (UK) – Business Banking to access the personal online banking services, for example.

Thanks for the feedback people.

by Andrew Tokeley on Aug 16, 2011 at 5:46 pm

31. Can’t i get CBA Australia bank accounts to connect … credit cards were fine .. any ideas
    or do i have to fill in forms and send away?

by Tony on Aug 16, 2011 at 5:49 pm

32. Are there any plans to support ASB FastNet Business? For Credit Cards in particular. I want to set up feeds for my staff’s credit cards, which can only be viewed through FastNet Business. (FastNet Classic only allows access to your own personal credit cards.)

by Simon Garner on Aug 16, 2011 at 5:54 pm

33. @Andrew Even when I leave the “card number” and “memorable data” fields blank I can’t get the feeds to work for Lloyds.

by Kyle on Aug 16, 2011 at 6:33 pm

34. Woohoo! Thank you!! If there was a :D button in Xero, I’d click it because I’d already clicked the :) button.

by T'Anne Mills on Aug 16, 2011 at 6:49 pm

35. I spoke to Lloyds and they ackowledged some issues with being able to export data. I’ve checked this morning again and the same issue is still present. Not sure if it’s connected but you never know!

There does seem to be some ambiguity though over what information LLoyds require. For example the card number is used as part of my login to LTSB Business Banking but like most people memorable information isn’t. I think memorable information is related more to personal internet banking.

Hopefully things will get resolved soon :)

by Barry Hynd on Aug 16, 2011 at 7:32 pm

36. Are there any plans to connect with Bankwest?

by Charmaine on Aug 16, 2011 at 9:17 pm

37. Will the feeds work for Ulster Bank business banking? And also the Natwest business credit card?

by Philip on Aug 16, 2011 at 10:03 pm

38. Hi, has anyone got LLoydsTSB Business accounts to work with MFA yet?

I get this error message:

“…There was a problem connecting to Lloyds TSB (UK) – Business Banking (No MFA). Please try again or contact Customer Support…”

Thanks,
    JP.

by JP on Aug 16, 2011 at 10:42 pm

39. Same here – cannot setup Lloyds TSB Business Banking (we use MFA – wish we didn’t have to of course, real ball ache of a system). Xero is on the case (Lynda) and chasing Yodlee to sort.

by Paul on Aug 16, 2011 at 11:55 pm

40. @Andrew – appreciate the rapid response, however a) I have selected Bendigo Bank from the Xero list (it says bank feeds are available – but no ‘get feeds’ option), and b) my business account is treated as a personal account under my personal banking login credentials. So I’m absolutely stumped as to why it won’t show up :( Any suggestions?

by Michelle on Aug 17, 2011 at 1:16 am

41. Oops, I should add – Bendigo personal and business banking are accessed the same way, there is no alternate option that I am aware of.

by Michelle on Aug 17, 2011 at 1:20 am

42. Andrew – we are having problems in accessing the Barclays business banking. We can login but only get our personal accounts. Reading your replys above it seems we need to state our Bank name as “Barclays (UK) – Business Banking” rather than just “Barclays (UK) ” I’ve tried this but Xero does not recognise this as a bank with a feed. Can you confirm what we need to stick in the bank name field.

by James on Aug 17, 2011 at 5:46 am

43. Don’t worry figured it out “Barclays (UK) – Business”

by James on Aug 17, 2011 at 5:48 am

44. @michelle – strange, it’s definitely working for me (just what you wanted to hear!), you should get in touch with our customer care team (support@xero.com) – they’ll be able to sort this out.

by Andrew Tokeley on Aug 17, 2011 at 9:01 am

45. @sean CIBC (Canada) is up and running.
    @regina PNC Virtual Wallet looks like it may be available as PNC VW (US).

by Andrew Tokeley on Aug 17, 2011 at 9:38 am

46. @Tony – we offer direct feeds from CBA Australia for bank accounts, you need to complete a form and send to the bank (http://help.xero.com/au/#BankAccounts_CBAFeed)

by Andrew Tokeley on Aug 17, 2011 at 9:48 am

47. @Andrew(s), @Robin, @Jon, @Simon – Vanguard, ASB Fastnet Business Credit Cards, ING Australia, CBA Commbiz Credit Cards and the Irish banks that Andrew & Robin mentioned aren’t supported right now.

The best way to let us know If there’s a feed you want to see supported is to add a bank account or credit card in Xero with the name of the online banking service that you’d like to see included. It won’t be recognised as a valid bank name, but we’ll be monitoring what’s entered in this field in all paying and trial organisations and we will use this information to prioritise the feeds that we introduce next.

by Andrew Tokeley on Aug 17, 2011 at 9:56 am

48. Still stuck on Barclays business – just keeps bringing up screen asking for last 5 digits of debit card and authentication code from PIN sentry. Must be missing something obvious – those who have managed, have they used a login / membership specific for a business account?

by James on Aug 17, 2011 at 10:21 am

49. @Andrew – submitted a ticket this morning, issue resolved by 2pm. Hurrah! My Bendigo Bank feeds are now working. Thought I’d post here to update the other Bendigo users :)

by Michelle on Aug 17, 2011 at 4:56 pm

50. Hi does any one use LloydsTSB’s ‘Lloyds Link’ business banking and Xero and has figured out Bank Feeds?

Thanks

Neil.

by Neil on Aug 17, 2011 at 11:30 pm

51. We’ve had problems with the Natwest Bankline Feeds since the 26th May. Thus far XERO have failed to advise us on the problem, citing the issue as YODLEE

I hoped after returning from working away and reading of an XERO update we would have progressed, alas it seems not.

by Richard Dyer on Aug 18, 2011 at 12:09 am

52. Hi … i am having major problems get bank feeds to work with Bendigo Bank. It says a time out problem. I can connect to Bendigo Bank online so it is not a password nor user id problem.
    Is anyone having the same problems??

Thanks,

Andy

by Andy Salmon on Aug 18, 2011 at 12:23 pm

53. @Neil – we don’t support feeds for Lloyds Link unfortunately. As we’ve mentioned, it would be useful if you could still add the bank to Xero so we can monitor demand and possibly support it in the future.

by Andrew Tokeley on Aug 18, 2011 at 12:39 pm

54. For those trying to get bank feeds for a Barclays Business account when it asks for a memorable word and a 4 digit passcode, just use the last 5 digits of your debit card or online authentication card for both. that should get you to the next page where you need to use your card reader. (dont leave a gap when entering the 8 digits from your card reader as it kept making the authorisation fail)

thats how i got my bank feed working…

by Karim on Aug 18, 2011 at 10:33 pm

55. @james, keep getting the same issue as you :(

by allie on Aug 19, 2011 at 1:47 am

56. Seems I’m not the only one that can’t get Lloyds TSB to work at all. I keep getting the “There was a problem connecting to Lloyds TSB (UK) – Business Banking. Please try again or contact Customer Support” error message after being asked for my post code.

Seems like this was rolled out without it being really ready.

by Mike Garner on Aug 19, 2011 at 11:27 pm

57. Can I be honest? I think Xero could be a bit more proactive in actually updating regarding the Lloyds issue. I also think someone mentioned above that Natwest hasn’t been working since May 26th! I’d hate to think that Xero are being selective in what they answer.

I’ve been trying this again today and have some feedback i’d like to share. Things obviously are changing as the secure screen for logon details now seems to ask for the correct information. On Firefox and Chrome it accepts the information and goes to the second stage of requesting the passcode which you get from the card reader. However, it just continually asks for a passcode until you get to 4 attempts and it then cancels the authentication.

On IE it doesn’t even get to asking for the passcode and just hangs on the first authentication. I’m wondering if there is a browser issue that’s maybe causing part of the problem?

As I say it’s more frustration that anything with me I appreciate Xero are doing their best and they are dependent on the third party Yoodlee but I think at least some sort of update every 24 hours or something would go some way to appeasing most people. :)

by Barry Hynd on Aug 20, 2011 at 6:12 am

58. @Barry – I’ll make sure I update the blog with any significant updates on these banks but as you can imagine blog comments aren’t always the best way to keep people up to date. We appreciate this is frustrating and, as you said, we are doing everything we can to get you guys over the line. We are still having mixed results on both Barclays and Lloyds – some people are getting through, others not. As always, the best way to work through specific issues, is to be in touch with support@xero.com – they can see exactly what’s not working for each attempt you make so can really get into the detail.

Thanks for the feedback on the browser differences – I’ll make sure this gets back to the team to see if it helps

by Andrew Tokeley on Aug 20, 2011 at 1:47 pm

59. Hi Andrew,

I do continue to keep in touch with Xero support and am feeding back information. I’ve also noticed tonight that the url after entering the passcode contains a double slash in it. I’m not talking about the // after http, it’s actually further along the url. I’m no expert but i’ve never seen that before so not sure if it’s an issue.

Also from my comments you seem to have looked over the part about Natwest which is further up in the comments. Admittedly it’s not my issue but it would be good to see someone respond on this from Xero in these comments. :)

by Barry Hynd on Aug 21, 2011 at 10:42 am

60. Still nothing for Xero Personal – which arguably is the bank account with the most transactions that take place each day.. Why is this always unclear?

by Philip W on Aug 22, 2011 at 7:28 am

61. @Barry – regarding Natwest, the feed is working for lots of our customers, however, one common occurrence is for login credentials to expire with the bank but not get updated in Xero. It’s important for people to make sure they keep the two in sync.

The double / is a known “feature” but doesn’t affect the feed.

by Andrew Tokeley on Aug 22, 2011 at 1:13 pm

62. @Philip – sorry for the confusion. We are working on introducing automated feeds in Xero Personal but they aren’t yet ready for prime time. Rest assured, when they are ready, there will be absolutely no confusion – we’ll be shouting it out to the roof tops.

by Andrew Tokeley on Aug 22, 2011 at 1:13 pm

63. Any news on Barclays?

by James on Aug 23, 2011 at 11:44 am

64. Lloyds TSB (UK) Business – has anyone been successful with Lloyds UK Business? I get excited every six months when the announcement comes from Xero to say that Lloyds UK Business has been added / fixed and still no joy. I understand the problem is with yodlee and so I have an account with them to see when they might get it fixed. I guess it’s a complicated business but some explanation re. the technical side of the problem would be appreciated. Thanks, Nick Atkins

by Nick Atkins on Aug 24, 2011 at 10:56 pm

65. @Nick That’s what gets me too. We know this is Yodlee’s fault but this is at least the second time that Xero has announced support for Lloyds Business when in fact they hadn’t tested it at all. Similarly my usage of PayPal is quite advanced and so those feeds are broken for me as well and when I was told they’d been fixed they were in fact made even worse. Surely Xero can invite some customers to test updates instead of these repeatedly embarrassing releases that don’t work?

by Kyle on Aug 25, 2011 at 7:17 am

66. @Nick @Kyle I agree, does Xero do any testing of Bank Feeds at all? I know there are now 5000, but they could at least test the ones they brag about on Twitter / blog posts…

Frustrated!

by Benjamin BOwles on Aug 25, 2011 at 8:32 am

67. @Nick I agree with you. I have been manually importing Lloyds TSB transactions into Xero for 16 months and got excited when the Xero made the announced for the 2nd time Live feeds are available for Business accounts. Lets hope it works for the 3rd time.

by Derek on Aug 25, 2011 at 10:03 am

68. I’m having some trouble with the Yodlee feeds. I added a USD account, but it’s not letting me get the feed and is showing the bank balance in CAD. (I’m a Canadian business). Seems to be a bug with USD accounts from Canadian banks? My bank is BMO.

by Ted Wood on Aug 25, 2011 at 2:56 pm

69. I have to say I’m becoming increasingly frustrated by the whole Lloydstsb bank feed situation. The four times I’ve raised this with Xero support I’ve effectively got a stock answer of Yoodlee being aware of it and making it a high priority to resolve. This has now been dragging on for several weeks.

I actually went to the extent of contacting Lloyds to see if I could attack this from another angle. Three calls of over an hour in length and no one on the phone knew anything about bank feeds or even Xero! All they would tell me was that Lloyds were making a lot of changes at present to their online systems.

I agree with Nick the response from Xero needs to be far more than what they are currently offering. What exactly is the issue and what steps are being taken to get these feeds working? What if anything has been done so far? Is anyone able to use Lloyds that has a card reader? It seems to have been suggested above that some people could use it. Transparency is key here and without you just leave people with a sour taste in their mouth. Xero is a great product but things like this just won’t help it become mainstream. :(

by Barry Hynd on Aug 26, 2011 at 6:27 am

70. @Barry, Yes I too am now very frustrated, as you will see from the email conversation below I was one of the first in the UK to use Xero from June 2007 onwards over four years ago. I was attracted by the idea of bank feeds but have not wanted to complain because really the ability to import was a vast improvement over the manual input that had to occur before that. However, four years on I do think the technology could be working. @Derek, I too am hoping that third time lucky will prevale. Nick Atkins
    ————————-

Hi Nick

I can confirm that this issue should be resolved in the next few working days – I’ll confirm with you once it is so you can try activating your feed again.

Thanks for your patience.

Best regards

Lynda
    ———-
    Support

You describe the problem I am having very well, you are stating the obvious. You don’t need to tell me to continue importing because that is what I have been doing for four years. Please see my comments on the blog and replies that have followed. A more considered response would be appreciated.

Nick Atkins

by Nick Atkins on Aug 27, 2011 at 2:46 am

71. To help keep people informed about the progress of feeds we have created a page that will be updated by our bank feeds team to report any known issues with both direct and Yodlee feeds – http://blog.xero.com/bank-feed-status/.

If you are having any issues with a feed not listed here then please let us know.

by Andrew Tokeley on Aug 30, 2011 at 4:57 pm

72. @Andrew

With regards to Natwest the password expiry issue seems to be an easy way to someway make the feed not working my fault.

Yes, Natwest changes its password every 30 days and I don’t always update that in Xero as I don’t notice as the feed isn’t working in the first place.

As it stands I have two accounts using Natwest Bankline, one of which with not many transactions and that works fine. The current account which has loads more transactions doesn’t work. It has the same login details, and can be ‘refreshed’ with XERO itself not reporting any issues.

I keep in regular touch with support but alas we seem to be no closer

Hi Lynda

Just a weekly check and update.

One of our accounts is connected to the feed and working fine, we do however only have 1 transaction a week on this account. Our credit card feeds which are linked to a different provider are also working fine.

Our current account however is still failing, which as the login is the same as the above account and seems to connect/refresh ok, can only be down to something like the number of transactions, which is possibly causing it to timeout?

I would like to see an end to this soon, bank feeds are a great addition to XERO and I hope we can start using them properly as they have been a massive help on the credit card accounts already

Regards
    Rich

—————–

Hi Richard

I can see that our Product team have been working on this issue, I’ve asked them for another update and will get back to you soon.

Again, sorry for the delays.

Lynda

by Richard Dyer on Sep 3, 2011 at 10:12 pm

73. As with other users I’ve been excited about the Lloyds TSB feed. Like others, I’ve swapped endless emails with the (excellent) Xero support team. But for now, sadly, I have decided to give up.

The feed sets up successfully now, but it’s painfully slow. I guess this is a Yodlee problem. I actually LIKE the fact you need to use your card reader each time, because it gives me an added sense of security, but it takes too long to fire up.

The main problem is that Xero doesn’t seem to be able to work out which records to import properly, so you have missing records or double-counted ones. I am not sure if this is a ‘scraping’ issue or a ‘Xero’ issue, but it needs sorting out. I think it happens when you import midway through a day. Then it thinks it’s done the 26th September and the next import starts on the 27th.

Another problem is that I have one debit card and login credentials for the account, and my book-keeper has another.. we both need to be able to update Xero (she works part-time), something we hadn’t really thought about until the feed started “working”.

Finally, the reconciler doesn’t seem to be able to use the matching rules that I was using with the QIF imports, so we would have to re-do these (I think the field it uses for matching is different with an import versus a QIF upload).

So for now, we’re going to stick with QIF – and don’t forget, if you are using QIF imports from Lloyds, they miss the last ^ (carat) symbol for the last record so you’ll have to add it with a text editor.

by Pete on Sep 27, 2011 at 11:56 pm

74. Are there issues with the Ulster Bank feed?

For some reason it does not connect

by Philip Donnan on Nov 12, 2011 at 9:51 pm

75. I am also having issues with Ulster Bank feed.
    Have Yodlee confirmed they can feed from the RBS system (which is what UB use)? Is there a setting in the UB business account controls that needs to be enabled to allow Yodlee access my account?
    Would really like to see this feature work.

by Conor Sweeney on Nov 25, 2011 at 3:03 am

76. @Philip – we don’t currently have any known issues and people are successfully connecting to Ulster Bank – our support team will be able to tell you what’s going on

by Andrew Tokeley on Nov 25, 2011 at 12:30 pm

77. My Barclays UK Business has stopped working since 8 December.
    I cannot log in any longer, using my (up to now) tried & tested method:
    1. Log in to Xero
    2. Open a second browser tab with Xero too
    3. In the first window, click on refresh bank feed
    4. Wait for first authentication screen: last five digits of bank card + PIN Sentry code (using card reader I have)
    5. Go to second browser window, click on Envelope icon (messages) and see message asking me to authenticate further. Click on link.
    6. Return to First window. All done, feed updates.

For some reason, this no longer works… Is it Xero, Barclays or Yodlee?

by Ronan Royer on Dec 14, 2011 at 2:28 am

78. Hi,

I am thinking about using Xero but what is most important to me is automated feed. My bank is Barclays and first of all I am still not sure if automated feeds from Barclays Business accouts are supported and secondly I cannot set it up (the Activate Bank Feeds button doesn’t even show up). Is it because I am using demo account or it simply does not work as of yet?

by Jay on Jan 14, 2012 at 1:28 am

79. Hello there,
    been using xero for three months now hoping for bank feeds for bank of scot business internet banking which keeps showing beta.
    Spoken to bank only they don’t even no about bank feeds, is it a case of changing banks or will this soon be available.
    Thanks in advance.

by Dave on Jan 15, 2012 at 10:38 pm

80. @Ronan – we’re not aware of any issues with Barclays UK Business. A check this morning shows lots of users (hundreds in fact) are successfully connecting. Support will be able to see under the hood to confirm exactly why your feeds aren’t coming through.

@Jay – yep, we don’t enable feeds in the Demo organisation. You should set up a (free) trial account and have a go from there.

by Andrew Tokeley on Jan 16, 2012 at 8:33 am

81. Barclays Business UK feeds also not working for me. Barclays Business Credit Card has never worked even though Xero claims ‘feeds are avaialalble’. Here’s a quote from their support “Although the option for the ‘Barclaycard (UK) – Business’ feed does appear in Xero, this integration is still being developed”. That means saying ‘feed is available’ is false advertising.

I bank with Barclays so you don’t have to. Do not get a Barclays bank account. They will only give you 60 transactions or 6 weeks (which ever you reach first!) of statement data to export. This is just pathetic. Outrageous in fact. I am aware for example that Natwest gives 7 years of statement data to download in any format you want. Amazing.

by Scott on Jan 23, 2012 at 9:17 am

82. Has Xero already added Dutch banks? Banks from The Netherlands like the big Rabobank. When will this become available?

by Thijs on Feb 3, 2012 at 9:36 pm

83. Thx for a great roadshow session in Canberra Yesterday, came away with some great ideas.

Sadly I am now back in the office and the first action as failed…..

Commonwealth Bank Credit Card through Commbiz doesn’t work and this sadly takes me back to my worry that Xero is for small business rather than medium to large.

This topic was started on 18th August 2011 and the first response was Commbizz…..

Does it work? Have I missed the ‘how to’? Or are we out on the fringe of business society?

by Adrian Shiel on Feb 28, 2012 at 12:17 pm

84. @Adrian If you can access that same credit card through NetBank, the feed should work, but access to credit card data via Commbiz isn’t currently supported.

by Matt Vickers on Feb 28, 2012 at 2:47 pm

85. I’m hoping someone can help me. My bank (Barclays) told me not to disclose my login details to any company or I will not be protected in the event of fraud. Do Xero/Yodlee have exemption from this? I read the following article which seemed to suggest otherwise:

by Cristina Calugaru on Mar 22, 2012 at 4:08 am

86. Hi Christina: You do not give Xero login details. You only tell Xero your bank name and, in some cases, location information. Xero uses this to log on to your bank website. You then give our login TO YOUR BANK. If you succeed, Xero gets the account name, the last four digits of the account number and an encrypted token to let it log in to your bank again. Xero employees cannot use this token because they do not have your Xero login. Xero also only has read-only access. It cannot do electronic bank transfers and bill pay without add-ons and extra security.

by Mike Block CPA on Mar 22, 2012 at 10:59 pm

87. Mike, this doesn’t make sense! I have just attempted to activate my bank feed (Barclays) on Xero and it requires my membership number, surname, the last 5 digits of my debit card and the pin sentry authentication code. Everything you need to gain access to my bank account! I am effectively handing this over to Xero/Yodlee and they will store this on a database. What happens if this database is hacked and some body empties my bank account? I’m pretty certain my bank will not cover me!? Looking at your T’s and C’s I don’t think Xero will cover me either?

You say that Xero only has read only access however I must trust you on this point given that you have all the credentials you need to log straight into my Barclays account.

by Cristina Calugaru on Mar 23, 2012 at 9:40 am

88. Hi Cristina – what Mike says isn’t entirely accurate. Xero itself does not store any of your internet banking credentials. These are securely held only by Yodlee to enable their automated data gathering services- more information about how this works is here: http://blog.xero.com/2010/09/yodlee-bank-feed-update/

Yodlee are a major provider of online banking solutions with more than 100 leading financial institutions and portals using Yodlee-powered solutions, serving millions of customers worldwide.

Yodlee feeds are provided as a convenience for Xero customers to save them rekeying information into Xero manually. We believe Yodlee to be very safe – we wouldn’t have partnered with them otherwise – but you should read our terms and conditions (you must agree to them before you can use the Yodlee feeds) and your bank’s terms and conditions. Of course it is up to you to decide if you wish to activate these automated feeds, but we are confident that we have done everything we can to ensure these maintain Xero’s very high security standards.

by Matt Vickers on Mar 23, 2012 at 11:22 am

89. What has happened to the Santander feeds?

by Philip on May 10, 2012 at 4:01 pm

90. Ulster Bank feeds seem to have stopped working. Any reason for this?

by Philip on May 10, 2012 at 4:02 pm

91. Credit Card feeds from Natwest business cards seem to only take in the information for one card but duplicate it.

How do I get the feed for other cards on the same account?

by Philip on May 10, 2012 at 4:02 pm

92. @Philip Hi, there are a few issues with Santander at the moment, see http://blog.xero.com/bank-feed-status/. We’re not aware of any problems with the others but you should certainly contact bankfeedhelp@xero.com so that we can investigate.

by Matt Vickers on May 11, 2012 at 12:06 pm

93. RBS have changed their online banking login address to rbs.co.uk/santander as part of their purchase by Santandar. This seems to have affected the Bank Feeds, can someone please advise Yodlee and ask them to update the Bank Feed process.

Thanks

by Chris on May 22, 2012 at 12:13 am

94. @Chris Thanks Chris, we’ve checked with Yodlee and they are aware of the change. It’s the top priority for them to address for us right now. Keep an eye on http://blog.xero.com/bank-feed-status for updates.

by Matt Vickers on May 22, 2012 at 10:46 am

95. hi all, i d like to know if yodlee currently support a bank in france called “credit du nord”, it seems to appear in the edit bank account details menu, but then it falls to connect; any idea ?

Many tks !!

by francois on May 30, 2012 at 2:18 am

96. @Francois Hi there. A feed can fail to connect for a couple of reasons, but as the problem may be specific to your circumstances you may have better luck if you take this up with our bank feeds team. You can contact them at bankfeedhelp@xero.com.

by Matt Vickers on May 30, 2012 at 11:43 am

97. Any chance of Bankinter in Spain? Bankia (yes, THAT bank) would be good too.

Simon

by Simon B on Jun 23, 2012 at 11:06 pm

98. bankinter in spain please

by piet on Jul 9, 2012 at 11:27 pm

99. guys, any banks in Asia supported? SINGAPORE is a banking center and has very homogenous banking system… adding one would mean adding them all pretty much. No other web accounting system offers Asia or Singapore bank reconciliation… this is your chance to be first

by George on Sep 8, 2012 at 5:27 am

100. Hi @George, there’s a few Singaporean banks which Yodlee have added beta support for: which means they don’t completely work yet but that they may build them if they see enough interest from customers. If you create an account in Xero and search for “(SG)” under bank name you’ll see the Singaporean banks.

by Matt Vickers on Sep 9, 2012 at 7:28 am

101. @Georg: I absolutely agree! there is a lot of potential in the singapore market
    @Mat: thanks for letting us know about the beta support…hopefully there will be enough interest soon… fingers crossed!

by Nick Flynn on Sep 9, 2012 at 11:37 pm

102. Please ask Yoodl to support the major Swedish banks

by Fredrik Linnander on Feb 4, 2013 at 11:38 am

103. Any updates on Santander in the UK? Feeds are not working for any of my clients

by Philip on Feb 5, 2013 at 1:17 am

104. @Philip, FYI – we use Santander and whilst the feed does not update it is available via refresh but only the account holder can do this.

by Paul on Feb 5, 2013 at 2:13 am

105. Do you, by any chance, have a list of these banks that you support? It would really help.

by Kristine on Feb 13, 2013 at 3:04 pm

106. Hi @Philip – Yodlee are aware of a problem with Santander for some customers and are working on it. We highlight known problems here: http://blog.xero.com/bank-feed-status/

Hi @Kristina – we don’t have a published list at this point (we’re looking into this), but if you create a trial and add a bank account you can search for banks you are interested in.

by Matt Vickers on Feb 14, 2013 at 9:26 am

107. Please can I reiterate:

“Please ask Yoodl to support the major Swedish banks

by Joseph Millson on Mar 15, 2013 at 5:24 am

108. Hi @Joseph & @Fredrik, we’ll pass on your requests to Yodlee. They don’t support many banks in Europe (they’re more focussed on the North American market), nor do they do a lot of feeds for banks that are not english-language. However as we pursue internationalisation across the product it’ll make sense for us to encourage Yodlee to support feeds in markets like Sweden’s.

by Matt Vickers on Mar 18, 2013 at 1:26 pm

109. Hi all new this whole experience as a small business owner been setting up xero and been impressed however now im not able to integrate my lloyds tsb business bank feeds which defeats the whole object of using this software? Can someone PLEASE help???

by John on Mar 30, 2013 at 2:36 am

110. @John – If you email support@xero.com they will be able to assist / advise you on your issues with Lloyds TSB bank feeds.

by Paul Williams on Mar 31, 2013 at 11:11 am

111. Hi, I have a client who uses Lloyds Cardet ( merchant services) is it possible to get a feed to this ?

by James Hayes on May 2, 2013 at 11:26 pm

112. Hi @James – I looked into this, and it appears that Yodlee doesn’t support merchant accounts at this time. If we establish a direct relationship with Lloyds we’ll talk to them about merchant account support.

by Matt Vickers on May 8, 2013 at 1:15 pm

113. Why is the Barclays Business bank feed so slooooooow? Every day it takes 5 minutes or more to connect and do its stuff (if it doesn’t time-out before then!) I can connect to my online banking on the Barclays website in seconds, so why does the feed take so long?

by Mike Wright on May 15, 2013 at 9:59 pm

114. Hi @Mike – there are a few factors that can affect the speed of feeds: if its a busy time for the Barclays, if there’s a lot of transactions or accounts to process, etc. If you’re persistently having problems you should contact our customer care team.

by Matt Vickers on May 21, 2013 at 8:54 pm

115. We would love to see Yodlee bank feeds in to Xero for http://www.handelsbanken.co.uk/

by Sara Spedding on Nov 13, 2013 at 3:56 am

116. Just wondering if you can get bank feeds through Commbiz for bank accounts (not credit cards)?

by Robert Manson on Dec 3, 2013 at 3:14 pm

117. We are greatly thankful for the way that Xero has helped our business with direct bank feeds from Westpac bank.

by Ranson Heather on Apr 1, 2014 at 8:48 pm

118. Hi

I would like to see the Guernsey based subsidiaries of the UK banks added to Yodlee. In some cases there RBSI and Barclays Wealth the retail banking platform has been added but not the institutional one.

Can we see RBSI eQ platform and Barclays ICeB platform added for direct feeds.

by Alasdair Milroy on Apr 15, 2014 at 12:50 am

119. We use several Barclaycards that are set up under a corporate umbrella account. Has anyone successfully set up bank feeds for Barclaycards under this set up?

by Neil on Oct 9, 2014 at 2:49 am

120. Would love to see SF Fire Credit Union in San Francisco as a partner!

by Nicole on Feb 18, 2015 at 9:20 am