Xero latte art

People who know me know I’m a bit of a coffee fanatic snob … to the point where I’m sure people don’t ask me out for coffee for fear of not taking me to the right place! I bask in the status of being recognized and receiving special treatment at my favorite cafes around Wellington. I have an espresso machine and grinder at home that’s practically cafe-grade and use it every day. When I travel, I plot independent coffee roasters on a Google Map and use that as my guide to a new city. And even though I keep my consumption down to just 2 cups a day, going out for coffee is one of my favorite things to do!

Imagine my glee when on this rainy, cold, Wellington afternoon this picture was tweeted by one of our accounting partners …

Xero-colored cups AND great looking coffee … I had to dig into it. Turns out Matt Tong from Pocock Hudson has been honing his coffee making skills for 10 years and they have a Wega machine in their office.

A couple of tweets and a challenge later I received another picture – fantastic effort by Matt and Michaela on some Xero latte art! I’m impressed and definitely want to be invited over for morning tea soon!

Helen stithard
June 29, 2011 at 6:57 pm

Whilst the coffee looks good I am more in envy of the Xero notebook!

David Kime
June 30, 2011 at 8:23 am

I agree Helen – where do we get ours from

June 30, 2011 at 11:24 am

There’s soo many of you coffee snobs in tech in Wellington. I know a grrl over at Catch who’s also a bit mental. You should organise a coffee-tech-snob meetup.

June 30, 2011 at 12:19 pm

Yeah, where can we get our Xero notebook!

Gary Turner in reply to Philip Xero
June 30, 2011 at 6:32 pm

We have a small pot of discretionary marketing spend in each international region for goodies like notepads, pens, t-shirts etc. – we don’t have any of those cute Xero notepads in the UK yet, but I’ll check them out for the future.

Matt Tong
June 30, 2011 at 6:00 pm

To add fuel to the fire, it’s not actually a notebook. It’s actually better.. http://twitpic.com/5ix0g4

Mark Haller
June 30, 2011 at 7:23 pm

Hey Catherine :-)

Great post – a woman after my heart for sure! The first thing I did when moving away from daily commutes to client sites and setting up an office in the house was to go and buy myself a lovely Gaggia machine and hunt down the best coffee I could find. I ended up befriending the owner of a superb company here in London – it’s so important to me to get coffee that’s ground correctly for the equipment and tastes divine!

I could smell and taste the coffee in the tweet pic as I was reading!

Mark, fellow coffee lover

Nick Houldsworth
July 25, 2011 at 9:30 am

Mmm.. I sense a Xero vs Vend barista challenge in the making.. (and any other partners game enough!)

Catherine in reply to Nick Houldsworth Xero
July 25, 2011 at 12:58 pm

Am wondering if you Vend guys can draw moustaches in your latte art?!

Nick Houldsworth
July 27, 2011 at 2:52 pm

> Am wondering if you Vend guys can draw moustaches in your latte art?!

We don’t need to try. Vaughan leaves an impression of his in the froth with every sip.