Xero iPhone & iPad icons

Just wanted to let iPhone and iPad users know that we’ve just uploaded icons into the Xero application and Help Center so that you have handy one-touch access to these sites from your home screen.

They look pretty snazzy on my iPhone, and obviously I’m rather partial to the Help Center one!

Note these are shortcut icons that display if you log into Xero (go.xero.com) or the mobile version of Xero (m.xero.com) or go to Help Center (help.xero.com) and choose ‘Add to Home Screen’ from your device’s browser.

Blair Hughson
October 10, 2010 at 1:52 pm

This only seems to work if you make the bookmark from the ‘log in’ page, not from the dashboard directly.. but overall looks nice :)

Catherine
October 10, 2010 at 2:40 pm

Really? I made my bookmarks from the Dashboard & takes me back there – note you will have to log in each time if not already or your session has expired. What device/version are you trying this on & we’ll double check if there’s a problem.

Blair Hughson
October 10, 2010 at 3:52 pm

The bookmark works fine regardless of where I point it to, but the new pretty icon only seems to show up if I make the bookmark from the login screen.

ken
October 10, 2010 at 10:48 am

That is very nice.

iphone app development co
October 10, 2010 at 9:43 pm

Great icons, thank you… whilst we’re talking icons please could I have one for Fluid on Mac with a transparent background rather than white 😉
And on the subject of Fluid does anybody have a script that I can use so I don’t need to continually retype my email address – I’m happy to retype the password but typing both is a pain…

Catherine
October 10, 2010 at 11:00 am

Try the Media press center in the About Xero section of our website – all those logos should be transparent.

Carbonite Australia
October 10, 2010 at 8:04 am

Great to see you are embrassing other applications like mobile and tablets so quickly. Being able to see your accounts when on the move is a great idea.

SImon
November 11, 2010 at 8:28 pm

Great! Can’t say enough good things about Xero. Any plans on offering a Xero version with HTML 5 replacing flash for the charts and graphs? It’s the only thing missing from using Xero on iPad.

Also, are there any plans to streamline Xero monthly fees? $49 AUD against $29 USD/month is a big discrepancy – an extra $240 a year over our American counterparts is pretty steep for a small business owner. Don’t get me wrong, I think Xero’s worth every cent, I’d just like to see a bit more transparency in pricing.

Jamie
December 12, 2010 at 1:51 pm

Hi Guys
Agree with the big difference in US versus australian pricing. Can you address please. YOu reviews constantly refer to price being a shortcoming.

Can you do updates to Xero from any web enabled phone or only iPhone?

Alastair Grigg
December 12, 2010 at 3:39 pm

@simon, @Jamie
Xero’s Aus, NZ and UK versions are priced within a few dollars of each other based on the long run average of the respective exchange rates. The exception is the Global version, used by customers in the US and many other countries, which is priced to reflect the fact it does not offer the same localisation such as sales tax and annual reporting provided by these other country specific versions.

@Jamie – you can also access m.xero.com from Android or any other device running Opera Mini

Dak Patel
December 12, 2010 at 3:12 am

Hi

I too would love to see an ipad version of Xero, so i can use it more. Any plans for this?

Also,i cant find any apps relating to xero on the apple app store, is this because im in the UK or is there another reason?

Regards

Dak

Catherine
December 12, 2010 at 8:58 am

@Dak Not a specific iPad version but we’re making improvements to the touch experience so that Xero is still browser-based and available on any mobile device with a browser. This is the same reason that you won’t yet see anything in the Apple app store – there is no specific mobile app, just designed to worked in most broswers at this stage although depending on where the mobile browser improvements take us, we may well do an app.

Application obligation at Made by Many | Made by Many