We’re thrilled to be awarded the PC User Best Buy Award for June in the online accounting category. PC User is Australia’s top selling technology magazine and prides itself on jargon free, practical and independent advice on what products to buy for the office, technology for the home or life style gadgets.
Xero’s award is for the best online accounting system and we took this spot over a number of applications including MYOB LiveAccounts (due for release to the market in June July sometime) QuickBooks Online and Saasu. Products are tested in house by the PC User team and outsourced to professionals in the relevant field such as in this case Kurt Best – accountant and computer wiz. The testing and review is detailed in benchmark results. This was Kurt’s take on Xero:
Featuring very clever data integration direct to some banks and with other third-party add-ons. Xero has a lot to offer the online convert.
Here’s what Kurt was looking for in an online accounting system:
- Tracks revenue, trends, seasonality, key customers and key products.
- Analyses profit margins. This should enable you to fine-tune pricing so you’re in the market profitable and competitively.
- Monitor cash flows. Sales may be strong, but if your customers aren’t paying then the whole business may grind to a holt.
- Report expenses into business lines so you can see the cost structures in your operation.
- Provide planning and budgeting tools for the week/months/year ahead. More than ever systems must help you look forward not just back.