New York tweeting

I have exciting news! Next week Craig and I are heading off to New York for 4 months. It’s been our dream to live in New York and we’re stoked that we’re able to do it while still working at Xero. The company has grown to a reasonable size now and a number of us often work remotely – perhaps not as remote as New York but still, not in the office. This is not an official move into the United States (yet!) just the 2 of us having a change of scenery and working from somewhere else. We’d love to meet customers and partners in New York and hear how Xero is going for you and what we can do to make Xero better for the U.S. market. So if you want to meet Xero’s Community Manager or Chief Technology Officer please get in touch!

I’ll be taking ^OG on the road with me and tweeting as normal from @TeamXero so please keep the questions and feedback coming. Oh and by the way, if you have any suggestions or (dare I ask!) feedback on how we’re using the @TeamXero account, do let me know.

I just can’t wait to be a New Yorker for a little bit and will send back news and photos (as appropriate for a ‘corporate’ account of course!).

Rob
February 24, 2010 at 10:30 pm

Wow cool guys. I’ll be there early April – any chance of a meetup? Email and let me know. Rob (TheBankChannel.com & NAB)

Catherine Walker
February 24, 2010 at 10:45 pm

Hi Rob – absolutely! Would like to give a Tweetup a go too as I’ve not organised nor attended one before. Will get in touch when settled.
Catherine

Accounting
February 25, 2010 at 4:21 am

I didn’t believe it but not because I had any clue of how to begin to prove it. It just falls under the same category as the ‘hockey stick’ which means it didn’t pass my smell test.

Ben Kepes
February 25, 2010 at 5:23 am

Hmmmm – I always wondered whether it was a coincidence that you’re both called Walker. Brother and sister I take it?

😉

Earl
February 26, 2010 at 2:59 am

So Catherine, does that mean that while you’re in the Big Apple ( N.Y), you may be tempted to cross the border for a trip into Canada? Maybe a good way for Xero to launch officially in Canada too, eh! -:)

Jason M. Blumer, CPA
March 2, 2010 at 4:48 pm

Catherine-

Would love to Tweetup with you guys, just not sure if I’ll be around NY anytime soon. Will you make it down to South Carolina during your stay? You won’t be sorry.

Jason M. Blumer
Blumer & Associates, CPAs, PC

Catherine Walker
March 2, 2010 at 5:05 pm

@Jason @Earl Not sure where we’re going from New York yet, want to get as much of it as we can but if we venture in either of your directions we’ll sure let you know. Would enjoy hearing you say Xeee-ro in person Jason 😉

Jason Blumer, CPA
March 4, 2010 at 10:37 am

Ha! We like to add a few syllables to our words! Thanks OG.

Drew Hyde
March 8, 2010 at 9:08 am

I notice there is some US activity with Xero. Xero integrates well (philosophy, interface, usability, price, etc. …) with the other pieces of our business, but we are a bit hesitant because of the lack of accountants and other support in the US. Anybody have some great feedback to help me ease into this decision?

Jason M. Blumer, CPA
March 11, 2010 at 2:22 pm

Drew-

No worries, Drew. We are a US-based CPA firm now supporting Xero from the West to the East coast. Call our firm number toll free to talk (maybe after our tax deadline on March 15th?). Toll free 1-877-322-9939. Or email me at jason [at] blumercpas [dot] com. We’ll take care of you.

Matt Myers
March 11, 2010 at 2:32 pm

Hey guys- if you want to come to our office and “cowork” some night (aka drink whiskey and play ping pong) let us know! We’re at 22nd & 6th Ave.

-Matt
@trendsta

Letter from New York « Online accounting software news from Xero
March 18, 2010 at 4:37 am

[…] everyone we’re here! Loving New York (here’s my previous post about what we’re doing here if you missed it) – we’ve had a week’s holiday […]

Latest Accounting news – Finance Accounting Outsourcing Can Take Control of Expense Management
March 24, 2010 at 9:28 pm