The year is back in full swing and more and more people are finding out about the Xero experience which is fantastic. We get lots of questions, feedback and suggestions through our Customer Care team, on Twitter and comments here in our blog – a mix of every day queries we can answer using Xero’s Help Centre, plus some curly questions and requests. We’re monitoring all your feedback, discussing and prioritising it all the time. Thank you!
As we get more experienced in the market it’s become clear that the decision to choose accounting software is often based around what other people think and say about your product. So it makes sense to use social media (including blogs and Twitter) to help build your reputation and fan base online. We work hard on our online profile and that’s one of the reasons I took on the role of community manager last year.
We’ve learned that having a social media strategy takes real commitment. It’s an evolving journey. And social media can’t work without a real focus on customer satisfaction. They go hand-in-hand.
It’s also great to see what we’re doing is working. Here are some examples we’ve spotted of Xero love and commentary since the start of the year:
- Riverkids Project – Moving to Xero.com and more financial news – this charitable trust based in Singapore moves their finances to Xero
- Jill of all Trades – Xero Online Accounting – Xero accountant in Australia tells of her evaluation and trial of Xero
- O’Reilly Community – Cloud Services for Every SMB – this technical resource publishing company has listed Xero as core business software for small/medium businesses living in the cloud
- Read Write Web – The Evolving Online Finance Ecosystem & Startup Finance: Xero Powers Accounting in the Cloud – a series on how the internet is transforming finance products and services
- Mixergy.com – The Entrepreneur Who Sold 3 Companies – with Rod Drury – online interview with our CEO Rod to find out how entrepreneurs tick. (Interview is about an hour long so make yourself a cuppa!)
- Our fans on Twitter – we’ve been getting lots of great comments and referrals on Twitter. They’ve been tagged as ‘favourites’ and the latest are displayed on the right-hand side of our blog. Click ‘View all favourites‘ to see the complete list. Our account is @TeamXero if you want to follow us.
This sort of thing always gives us a boost. Thanks everyone for your feedback and comments (good and bad!) – we love getting them and we are listening.