This morning we moved to version 3 of our hosting infrastructure.
We started planning for this move in January. This is the next natural step up in our hosting capability and puts us in an environment to continually scale and grow.
For the geeks out there, highlights of what we did last night included:
- Mixture of diagonal and vertical scaling of hardware for increased capacity and performance
- Moved our data store from attached storage to a RAID 10 SAN
- Virtualized some devices (our own dedicated virtualization environment) to allow us to better scale out our service delivery platform (the Xero application is still running on completely dedicated hardware)
- Moved to a completely 64 bit platform running on Windows 2008
- Upgraded our database management system to SQL Server 2008
Projects of this magnitude require a huge amount of planning and testing so thanks to the team for all the up front work that enabled this major platform upgrade to proceed without a hitch.
Read more about Company News