Bank account CSV import

For customers of banks that do not have automated bank feeds we now have the ability to import .CSV bank statements into Xero, as well as the standard banking .QIF and .OFX files.

This extends Xero’s import support to many more banks, including foreign currency accounts.

Also, you can now sort and hide bank accounts on your dashboard and you’ll notice numerous multi-currency enhancements.

Let us know what you think.

William
July 7, 2009 at 6:12 am

I had been really disappointed that I could not use xero as the Co-op bank do not provide any other format than .csv files, and I use a Mac (so don’t have excel installed).

Anyway, I’ve just come back from holiday and have found that I can now upload .csv files – brilliant..!

Catherine Walker
July 7, 2009 at 10:14 am

Hi William – thanks for letting us know. We’re really keen to hear about all the different banks that can now be used with Xero since the introduction of CSV import.

Catherine

Adam
October 10, 2009 at 10:41 am

Hi there Xero,

So I’m both a xero.com user (for business) and a mint.com user (for personal). One feature i’ve noticed that mint has that xero was lacking was such a broad support for bank statement synchronization (I use Bank of America). It’s not a huge problem to have to import manually but being from such a major bank I feel like better support to automate that process would be a great feature to add to xero – ease of use increases sales.

The other major feature that was VERY close to being a deal breaker for our org was no quickbooks import. You guys need to hop on this QUICK if you want to convert more orgs over. Just let me upload my QB file, PLEASE!!!

David Bowles
February 2, 2010 at 3:18 pm

Just love the import feature.

Especially love the ability to pre-code the CSV with two extra fields – GST and account code – prior to upload. It’s a real winner.
As I import PayPal CSV’s twice, once for the client payment, and again to pickup PayPal fee charged. For this reason I need to ‘massage’ the file prior to upload. Would love to see ability for Xero to upload Split transactions.

As I currently massage the file and upload twice – I would really like to enable manual confirmation of field matching prior to EVERY upload.

Additionally, a system restore point prior to upload, or ability to UNDO an upload would be a real winner!

Otherwise, can’t imagine another system that could enable upload and reconcile over 1,000 CSV transactions a day!

David Bowles
February 2, 2010 at 4:11 pm

System restore point is unneccesary. Xero can delete ALL transactions associated with an upload on demand and easily. Alternately, you can view all lines associated with a particular upload, whether they have been reconciled or not.
Xero – I love you!

Catherine Walker
February 2, 2010 at 4:50 pm

Hi David,

Have answered most of your questions over on the Paypal blog post. The only other thing was the suggestion to confirm the field matching on every import – this is a good idea and will raise it with the product team.

Glad you love Xero!

Regards,
Catherine

Curtis
July 7, 2012 at 5:39 am

can we import our QuickBooks file? This would be a deal maker/breaker…

West Coast Moving & Storage
August 8, 2014 at 9:38 am

Great feature! Finally :)

Brian Baker