One Payment to Multiple Invoices (0:23)

One Payment to Multiple Invoices (0:23)

Omar Kassim
September 3, 2009 at 7:53 pm

Does this process cover paying multiple AP invoices (to one supplier) with one payment, say a cheque from our side? How would it be easiest to carry this out?

Matt Barnett
September 4, 2009 at 9:50 am

Hi Omar, yes, it is the same process for both Accounts Receivable and Payable. We’ve got work in the pipeline that will make the bank reconciliation even easier and faster for you. Watch this space!

Sean Davidson
August 5, 2010 at 2:47 am

Is there an easy way to reconcile multiple invoices to a single payment per this video – except where the invoices are in several different currencies? Assuming the Xero multi-currency feature is available, for example, a single NZD payment on a NZ bank account, reconciled to one Invoice in GBP and another in AUD.

John
August 19, 2010 at 10:58 pm

Can one customer pay several invoices for other customers? I run a medical practice and am evaluating online solutions for moving away from quickbooks. Basically, I’d like to see if we can program a contact as an insurance company who would pay many client’s full or partial invoices. We love your UI. Thanks!

Catherine Walker
August 23, 2010 at 3:40 pm

If I understand your scenario correctly, yes you can. One payment received into your bank account can be applied to multiple invoices you’ve already issued from Xero, not limited to specific recipient or customer names. Perhaps in your scenario you could take the additional step of using the reference field on any customer invoices or transactions to enter an insurance company name, short cut, number or other reference, then when a payment is received from this company you can search by that reference to locate all the invoices that the payment covers rather than looking for invoices by customer name.
There’s a bit more information in our Help Centre about finding invoices to match to a payment: Bank Reconciliation > Find & Match
Hope this helps.
Regards, Catherine

Margaret Garrett
October 27, 2012 at 12:24 am

I have paid a supplier ie. $5000 $4000 $1500 and no matter how many invoices I try to add together can not make up the balance how can i remedy this

Craig McCulloch
December 31, 2012 at 10:48 am

Hi, my question is about reconciling business credit card. Obviously I want to code all the months credit card transactions to various expense codes, but the statement will require one payment to cover all transactions. This will mean a double up on total expense. How do I manage this?

MindyN
April 15, 2014 at 2:27 pm

Hi, I am a standard user of Xero rather than Advisor, Can I still use this ‘Find&Match’ function? Because whenever I try to apply one lump sum payment to invoices, it always auto create an overpayment. Could you please help with this?

Many Thanks

Vanya
November 25, 2014 at 12:32 pm

Hi there, I have made various lump sum payments over the course of the month to slowly pay off one of my suppliers.
How do I reconcile these as the lump sum payments against the invoices to keep the balance owed up to date. Thanks