First global customer

web-logoWell that didn’t take long.

Our first paying customer for the global version of Xero is Jared Roussel, CEO of Concise Inc, a web development company based on Broadway in New York.

Jared is a fan of web based applications and writes:

Xero is delivering the final blow to antiquated desktop-based accounting. As a small business owner in the United States, I’m very excited that Xero has released its global version just in time for the 2009 fiscal year so that now all international businesses can take advantage of everything Xero brings to the table.

And yes, we are working on a US specific version – the main feature being converting ‘s’s to ‘z’s :)

Thanks for your support Jared!

Cecil
December 12, 2008 at 11:32 am

Would it be any Asian language version available in the future? I guess it would be harder to offer any foreign language version to the market in terms of the company operation in sales and customer services.

Rod Drury
December 12, 2008 at 2:35 pm

Hi Cecil. We will do this in the future but it’s not something we have the resources for right now.

Rod

Selina
December 12, 2008 at 3:38 pm

Haha I love the advert in The Age today! definitely gave me a giggle

Cecil
December 12, 2008 at 10:04 am

Would US specific product have the feature of bank feed from those US major banks? This product is great. It would be exciting to see this product to be widely used in the world.

Rod Drury
December 12, 2008 at 2:02 pm

Hi Cecil, we’re working on it. Thanks for your support.

Aaron
February 2, 2009 at 9:10 am

Hello there,

Can you guys give any idea of a rough timeline for when it would be available in the U.S.? Also, would the bank feeds work with any bank? Or maybe any bank that offers downloads into Quickbooks? Or would it only work with banks that specifically decide to offer Xero bank feeds?

Philip Fierlinger
February 2, 2009 at 9:28 am

@aaron we’re continuing to enhance the global version based on customer feedback, much of that is US based.

It would be great to get your feedback on what you consider key requirements for a US specific version?

We’re definitely working on automatic bank feeds for US banks. We’ll also be adding support for CSV imports, in addition to QIF and OFX imports.

Patrick Cherubini
May 5, 2009 at 5:06 am

I am very interested in a US version. I am stuck in Quickbooks on a mac running vware wich makes it very slow. The only reason I haven’t left qb is I haven’t been able to find software that will automatically account for recurring invoices that have automatic credit card billing set up for payments.

We are a 2 person business that needs to save time when ever we can.

I’ll keep watching. So far it looks amazing.

Philip Fierlinger
May 5, 2009 at 2:35 pm

@Patrick – I just want to clarify a few things.

1. Xero works in the US right now – we have many customers in the States using the global version.

2. Xero does do repeating invoices (both receivable and payable invoices).

If 1 and 2 don’t do what you need, then please elaborate on what specifically you need.

Thanks.
Philip

Bradley Nelson
June 6, 2009 at 7:33 am

I am very interested, looks fantastic. I am currently running Quickbooks under Parallels on a Mac, and when I tried to make some electronic payments yesterday, I was informed by my bank that will no longer accept QB 2006, I have to upgrade to QB 2009; I have looked at the reviews for both the Mac version and the Windows version, and they are awful, but I wonder if I can import my info from QB into Xero?

Catherine Walker
June 6, 2009 at 1:39 pm

Hi Bradley,
Yes you can although at this stage we don’t have a one-click conversion/import data process from Quickbooks to Xero, but we do have a few tools to make conversion easier.

Transfer your balances by entering Conversion Balances for each of your accounts

Use our CSV templates to reformat your exported data to import your Chart of Accounts, invoices and Contacts (customers/suppliers).

Hope this helps.
Catherine

Catherine Walker
June 6, 2009 at 6:17 pm

Hi again Bradley,

I was thinking a bit more about your question and as someone helpfully pointed out to me, it seems the main reason you’re considering a switch to Xero would be because your bank doesn’t support the QB payments file format. Right now, we don’t provide this option, but will be looking to do this in the near future. However, please sign up and take a look at Xero (free to use a demo company or trial your own) and we’ll certainly let everyone know we have this functionality.

Catherine