Expense Claims (0:57)

Expense Claims (0:57)

gerard
January 26, 2009 at 6:32 pm

i have signed up with freshbooks a canadian company that seems to do what you are doing. I have not used it yet hence can’t compere. However I will study bot and make a decision in which to use.
Do you have training sessions? How much is the service? Is this Australian compliant?
Thanks for help

Gerard

Rod Drury
January 27, 2009 at 4:47 am

Hi Gerard. Freshbooks are a great company with an excellent invoicing product. Xero is an accounting system, that does invoicing as well. We are working on an Freshbooks interface so your FreshBooks invoices can be be imported easily into Xero.

We work great in Australia with GST and BAS returns. Work through the demo and getting started guide. Contact our support center for training and access to Xero partners in your region.

JoE
August 24, 2009 at 9:53 am

The biggest problem I have right now is tracking and paying my contractors. I’d guess “claims” seems to be the area closest to this, but it doesn’t actually address paying contractors/employees, does it?

JoE
August 24, 2009 at 9:54 am

To elaborate a little further, it’s not going to allow me to break down and track each contractor, just simply a spot to mark all of my claims, is what it seems.

Matt Barnett
August 24, 2009 at 10:22 am

Hi Joe, Expense Claims in Xero are for your employees to submit business expenses incurred from their personal funds. I’m unsure whether this suits what you’re trying to achieve in Xero.

Can you please email support@xero.com with an example of the transaction you’re trying to create, so we can get back to you with a comprehensive answer.

Thanks.

tarch
November 5, 2009 at 4:36 pm

Any updates on Freshbooks Integration?

Cate
November 17, 2011 at 3:09 pm

My staff are not able to allocate accouting or GST information to their expense claims, they are not quaolified to do so, and it’s company policy this is handled by accounts. however they can’t submit their claims without entering this information.
Nor can the accounts department view un-submitted receipts in order to file them correctly.
This feature also needs to be available for company accounts (spend money) as there are a great many “small” coalface transactions to be taken care of in that area.

Eric
July 25, 2012 at 2:31 pm

Expenses claim worked well before. But I have a problem recently.
One claim I created 2 days ago, I followed all the steps and the claim was paid from petty cash.
I print out the account payable report today, I found out that that expense claim still sitting there as outstanding expenses claim.
In expenses summary shows it was paid, but in account payable shows outstanding. It is really frustrating, I can not delete it or change it.
Can someone help me out.

Dan
July 26, 2012 at 1:07 pm

Is it possible to add expenses as a line in an employees monthly Payroll, and reconcile that with expense claims that have been entered by them?

Melissa
October 23, 2012 at 11:17 pm

Hi,

When adding expense receipts it doesn’t display all available accounts under Account drop down menu i.e. 493 Travel National not listed but Travel International is. Is there any reason for it? Most of our expense claims are comes under 493 Travel National.

Hope this makes sense!

Thanks

Melissa

Matt Barnett
October 24, 2012 at 6:29 am

Hi Melissa, someone with the access to edit the chart of accounts will need to tick ‘Show in Expense Claims’ for your account 493. More in Help here.

Lawrence
December 12, 2012 at 3:59 pm

+1 to having the ability to add an expense claim for a different user.

Stephen
July 8, 2013 at 10:20 am

We’re a small company and I need to input expense claims for the Directors and credit their current accounts with the sums reimbursed, as advances are offset against claims. I can’t see that I can create claims for someone else…

Tim Branton
July 24, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Hi, I would like to get employees to add their expenses direct into xero and looks like xero does this really well. However it also looks like they would also get to see all of the financial information about the company like its bank balance, financial reports etc. Is there any way to give employees access just to allow them to submit expenses?

Michelle Heydon
July 25, 2013 at 1:28 am

I have staff who make international trips, and so often find myself needing to issue expenses-in-advance payments. I currently have to put it through a Liability account “Suspense” – then, when the trip expenses are submitted by the employee I would like to be able to add a line in the expenses saying “Less expenses in Advance” “Suspense and add the negative amount -£1000.00 – but the expense claim will not allow me to enter a negative amount, and so at the moment I unreconcile the Suspense item – deleted the payment, and then remake a payment of the advance from the claims window with the date of the advance, and then make a final payment of any outstanding amount. I don’t like having to delete all this stuff – it doesn’t leave a clear trail of what’s happened. Please can you allow -negative amounts!

Logan Ross
October 17, 2013 at 12:09 pm

I have the same question as Stephen above. I noticed in the video there is a section to enter the consultant in the expense claim. As I enter expense claims for my staff this feature seems handy. Is there a way to add this feature back in or am I missing something? Isolating an individual consultants expenses would be handy.

Thanksm

Mark
March 26, 2014 at 3:07 pm

Is there an update to the below request? We too would like to limit what staff can see but make use of the very cool expense claims functionality, particularly on the iPhone…

Look forward to an update.

Tim Branton
24 July 2013 #

Lucy
May 9, 2014 at 1:14 pm

I second Mark and Tim, this would be an extremely handy feature, particularly on iPhone or through the employee (my payroll) portal. I’m also having trouble with the iPhone app submitting to “claim”. I can save but cannot actually submit a claim.

jack
May 19, 2014 at 6:36 pm

I have the same request as Mark, Lucy & Tim. It would be very useful for employees to be able to directly enter expenses into Xero. Obviously without allowing visibility of bank accounts and other sensitive information.

Narelle
May 26, 2014 at 8:24 pm

Hi
I have same problem as above. Would love the sales reps to enter their own expenses but don’t want/need them to see financial details on the dashboard.
Is this likely to become a feature? That or I can enter their expense claims – either option would help so any news would be appreciated thanks.

Julia
May 29, 2014 at 11:51 pm

Like Lawrence and Stephen above, we need to be able to enter expense claims on behalf of different directors. Is there a way to select who the claim is for?
Thank you.

Matt
July 3, 2014 at 3:25 pm

Yes. It would seem to make sense if employees could use ‘my payroll’ portal to enter their expenses. Is this on the roadmap?

Selina
July 26, 2014 at 3:27 pm

I enter expenses for others in the business for them, how do I allocate the expenses against them, I entered their name in the reference but it still has all the expenses against my name.

Jennifer Cole
July 28, 2014 at 4:05 pm

I have the same problem – need to be able to enter claims for others.

Renate Bagust
September 30, 2014 at 4:57 am

I also would like the answers to the above questions, no one from Xero seems to have replied to anyone?

Matt Barnett
September 30, 2014 at 7:26 am

Hi all. Agreed that entering expense claims on behalf of other users would be a useful feature; but it isn’t yet at the top of the list to build. Please add your vote here in Community. In the meantime, if you use invoicing in Xero then you could consider entering bills in the place of expense claims, that will allow for greater flexibility with who is being paid; depending on how you’ve set up user roles: an approval process; and potentially each line of the invoice can be a separate receipt. You also have additional flexibility in editing and copying items that isn’t yet available with expense claims.