Create Basic Quotes (0:57)

Good news, in January this year we released quotes – no more workarounds. Check out the blog for more details…

Kim Coleman
May 26, 2014 at 10:50 pm

Just signed up to xero & didn’t realise there wasn’t a quote facility? I’m about to play with the draft invoice docx idea? It is not an option to use the addons as it virtually doubles the price! this could be an amazing system if it had a proper quote option included.. I’m a bookkeeper and am stunned it isn’t included? Is it in the pipeline and if so when will it happen ?

Kim Coleman
May 26, 2014 at 10:52 pm

Ps.. Until this is included I won’t be able to recommend it to all the tradies I know.

May 28, 2014 at 2:18 pm

Agree with all comments going back to 2011…..and probably further. Pretty obvious isn’t guys why quotes aren’t enabled. Revenue. $50 month for Xero, + $15-$50 a month for an add-on package. So you could sit here and ask until your face turns blue……and it will. The answer is clear, Xero owned product WorkflowMax $25 month……then you can do quotes…….total outlay $75 a month every month. Do I want to spend that?

June 4, 2014 at 12:34 am

What a disgrace. Clearly just trying to squeeze every cent out of small businesses who can’t afford it. All of you waiting for quotes (this thread goes back 5 years with xero promising they were working on it back then) don’t hold your breath. They are feeding you lies to stall so they can keep squeezing your last few dollars. Don’t believe their lies, and we all know, there is nothing worse than a liar.

Sang K. Neal
June 29, 2014 at 2:03 am

Totally agree with CHRIS . Why every one is focusing on Quotes and ignoring those squeezed small businesses which can’t even afford this one…..

George Georgievski
July 9, 2014 at 1:26 pm

I Really do not understand how there is no Sales Order Option. What do you do if a customer pays you a deposit and then pays the balance a week later after their goods arrive? Just as Xero has a Purchase Order option it too should have a Sales Order Option. Makes it very frustrating to try and find an add on.

July 10, 2014 at 2:11 am

gobsmacked!! no quoting. Zoho is the answer.

July 13, 2014 at 11:50 am

Just joined for the free trial. 3 or 4 years to setup a user friendly quoting system ?
It would be nice if you tell us about your roadmap for that feature atleast? We use that a lot in our system. Xero has other great features that are user friendly.I beileve that 3 years in development is enough to come up with something that basic.

Laura Cardinal
July 16, 2014 at 3:15 pm

Hi Everyone,

I’m please to let you know that the quotes status on community has been changed to “started”.

Development is underway with a dedicated team in Melbourne and I’m looking forward to updating you all on timeframes as we get closer to release.

Jimi Hills
October 18, 2014 at 10:12 am

Any update since July Laura our accountant recommended we switch to xero however it doesnt have a customisable quoting system looked at your WFM product dont want to pay more for this one feature does not justify the cost

after studying this blog and getting on here out of frustration are you guys really very serious about making an impact on the world market at all?

The cushion of investment funding is great but looks like youve lost the real focus “serving your customers” and responding to their needs like everyone else has pointed out why give us the cone with no ice cream

Rod Drury
October 18, 2014 at 5:08 pm

Hi Jimi, well through development now. Coming soon. It’s not a tack-on but fully integrated into our workflows so was more work than expected but looking good.

December 13, 2014 at 1:39 am

Do you have a launch date for this feature please?

December 27, 2014 at 11:42 am

We are an operations consulting firm, and have utilized Xero with a couple of clients, and we have one ready to make the leap, but we’ve been waiting on this estimating feature.

We need a real eta on launch, or we are going to have to refer other tools.

Please update status of the estimated launch.

December 30, 2014 at 8:36 am

Switching over to XERO for 2015. Very sad to see there is no proper quote system. I’m required to quote every service for approval.

December 30, 2014 at 8:46 am

Any information as to whether this has been sorted please? I

‘m going to be adding a new service for my business in the new year and was heavily considering Xero. If quoting is not yet available I’ll be going elsewhere.

I urge anyone working at Xero to scroll to the top of this thread and make their way down, as I just have. It’s an absolutely shocking read, quite frankly, given that over four years later, this absolutely fundamental feature has not been added yet.

Quickbooks is 70% off until the end of the month, so unless there is something tangible in this thread by then, my decision will be an easy one.

February 27, 2015 at 9:18 am

wow, i’m another potential customer deciding against xero as it doesn’t have simple quoting. I hope xero realise that most people don’t even bother commenting. Most people will just read similar posts and reviews and just decide against xero. For every comment there are probably at least 100 silent users who decided not to use xero, especially as it has been 4-5 yrs for nothing to happen. Will stick with myob, surely quoting is not a niche here in australia, it is essential.

Andrew Tokeley
February 27, 2015 at 3:45 pm

@hayley – this post should be removed, Xero does have quoting :-)

March 21, 2015 at 5:43 pm

I’m a new business owner still shopping for accounting software. Now that Xero is equipped with the quoting feature, could you advise if it is possible to include/accept down-payments with your quotes? For example if I were to send a client my quote for a project that required a 50% downpayment – would receiving the downpayment amount act as acceptance and automatically convert the quote into a pending invoice (with a credit adjustment for the received down-payment)?