Complete Payables Solution (1:12)

Batch Payments (1:12)

Nathan Ross, CPA
December 16, 2009 at 5:24 pm

Nice feature…which “standard” is utilized re the “Batch Payment Upload” file layout? Any US banks support such layout? Would really like the ability to produce a check (cheque) in addition to uploading for ACH and/or online banking.

Catherine Walker
December 16, 2009 at 6:12 pm

Hi Nathan, at this stage we’ve provided a CSV which may work with your bank or payment system. We’re currently trying to obtain specs for banks/bank data format for US and other international banks and until we get this we don’t know what format is required. Thanks for the feedback re the checks, we’ve had this feedback before and know it’s important especially in the US. We’ll definitely update everyone when we get further details.

Darryl Collins
December 17, 2009 at 9:16 am

Which banks support this? Better still, which UK bank has the most advanced Xero support? :-)

Catherine Walker
December 17, 2009 at 9:58 am

Hi Darryl, we’re still testing this but as we are going to be using the BACs format we understand it to be a standard that should be accepted by all UK banks. Currently we have bank feeds from HSBC and therefore understand the most about their system so it will certainly work with them.

On another note, if you or anyone are keen to help us with final testing of this (any UK bank), please get in touch via

Nathan Ross, CPA
December 18, 2009 at 7:07 pm

Catherine, thanks…would suggest that adherence to the NACHA standard(s),, would assure wide compliance with many US/banks & financial institutions. I like what I have seen of Xero and am anxious to promote the product here in the US re my firm’s online accounting offerings, especially for Mac users like myself. However, most all of our clients need a non-duplicitous way to pay their vendors (due to the volume of payments involved), preferably online banking options, at a last resort check-writing from directly within the accounting application including the ability to use blank check stock (i.e. the system prints the Company logo, banking info, check no., etc. directly on the blank check stock).

Suzi Grawburg
July 10, 2010 at 11:47 am

What is the status of last resort check writing from directly within the accounting application with the ability to use check stock? My firm is interested in xero, but would require this feature to pay all of our current accounts.

July 21, 2010 at 4:42 pm

I would like to enquire about the check-writing as well. It’s the only thing keeping us from moving forward with Xero.

Catherine J
July 22, 2010 at 5:02 am

US company here – would like an AP check printing within the application solution as well.

I agree with Nathan above, US banks us NACHA guidelines, although each bank has their own specifics to follow regarding electronic payments.

Michael O'Brien
August 24, 2011 at 12:23 am

Oz accountant here – also need cheque printing on preprinted stationery. Have a client who, for marketing purposes, produces hundreds of printed cheques per run.

Pete Cuff
June 14, 2012 at 9:39 am

Does batch payments now work with HSBC in the UK (ref reply above in Dec 2009)?

Rajesh Jain
June 20, 2012 at 2:39 am

Its really nice software for accounting.

September 13, 2012 at 7:55 pm

Hi I’d like to kno whow I send a remittance advice to a supplier after I have made a batch payment? I have searched for remittance advice but nothing shows up.

December 4, 2012 at 2:53 am

What’s the format for “Bank Account” when you have a BSB & ACC number? BSB-ACC? eg 066003-11111111?

March 19, 2014 at 11:18 am

Was there ever an answer to which UK banks support batch files? I know natwest bankline does but there is a 0.5 GBP per BACS transfer cost inside of this. Is anyone aware of a bank which offers free bacs payments as they are all electronic?