Let your software do the talking

We’re really excited by how our partners are using the Xero Network.

The Xero Network is how we work with other software solution partners to integrate our solutions together to make it easy for small businesses. The Xero Network is how we transfer data securely between Xero and other systems.

iPayroll have just added more features to their Xero interface.  iPayroll is a set up once and forget process.  Once you have assigned Xero Account and Tracking Codes in iPayroll your payroll accounting entries are automatically entered into Xero.

Their help desk had issues checking that Account codes were entered correctly.

The Xero Network allows our partners to pull data from Xero as well as push data in. So iPayroll have added a page to their application that shows the Xero Account codes inside iPayroll.

This means the iPayroll helpdesk does not need access to their customer’s Xero account to ensure that accounts are mapped correctly.

Another partner, WorkflowMax needs to dynamically assign Account codes to jobs, so in their user interface you can directly select an Account directly from the Xero Chart of Accounts.

We know the frustrations that small businesses experience because they have data sitting and duplicated in a number of disconnected software solutions. By making software talk over the Xero Network small businesses now have access to connected solutions that work together seamlessly.

Martin
August 8, 2008 at 9:40 pm

It’s always interesting to see and read these kinds of posts … what, if any, is the intention to link with a CRM sytle application (e.g. Salesforce.com) into the future?

Rod Drury
August 8, 2008 at 9:58 pm

An excellent question Martin. We’re working on that now. First version allowing linking to CRM applications will be out shortly.

It’s a great example of how online accounting is so different from disconnected desktop accounting software. It just wants to link to all the other systems.

We’re especially looking at SalesForce and SugarCRM right now. Keen to hear what you think an interface should do.

My understanding is that the Salesforce.com api is only available for enterprise customers so not sure it fits our market. Keen to hear anyone’s thoughts.

What are the CRM systems we should be talking too?

Daniel Walmsley
August 8, 2009 at 1:17 am

Hi there, my 2c: I would love the ability to sync my accounts and contacts from SugarCRM into Xero.

As far as I’m concerned, SugarCRM is the first system that Xero should support because, as you rightly point out, the price point fits your market well.

I’ve tried using Salesforce and to be honest they were incredibly pushy and frequently downright weird. I respect what they’ve been able to achieve but seriously, they need to start treating their customers as more than just wallets to be opened.

MX
August 8, 2009 at 11:07 pm

Hi All,

It’s about a year since a comment was made but I would like to second Rod’s push for Xero integration with SugarCRM.

In addition to syncing accounts and contacts, integration with the SugarCRM Quotes module would be outstanding…

I also concur with Rod’s price point comments.

MX
August 8, 2009 at 11:09 pm

I’ve just realised that it was Daniel’s post above I was referring to and not Rod’s. I’ve also noted that Daniel posted earlier this month. (I think I need to get some sleep!)

Dave
October 10, 2009 at 6:57 pm

I am shocked to learn there are so few integrations between CRMs and Web GL. SurgarCRM and vTiger seem logical for Xero.

When I search Xero’s help for upload or import – there does not appear to be any method (other than initial setup) to sync with a CRM. Since most CRMs now do invoicing I am confused.

allan
November 11, 2009 at 8:18 pm

Any ETA on Freshbooks Integration?

Rod Drury
November 11, 2009 at 8:22 pm

Hopefully next week. We’re testing now. It’s looking good.

Stewart
December 12, 2009 at 1:43 am

Would like to add my weight to SugarCRM and Xero integration. Would be fab..!

martin
December 12, 2009 at 2:15 am

finished integrating sugar and xero?
Kindly let me know

Huw
March 3, 2010 at 1:35 pm

Great news that you’re working on integrating with SugarCRM. I’m a long term user of SugarCRM and have just started using xero – if you could integrate the two with accounts, opportunities and invoicing then the workflow would be so smooth you would kill the competition – and I could then spend my time on the more enjoyable areas of running a business.

SS
April 4, 2010 at 1:26 am

18 months on and still no sign of Sugar integration. As a web developer that liases with my SME client base regularly, they are looking to me to advise whether SAAS is a path they should consider. I can;t give any of them the green light until the Sugar integration goes through (I would NEVER recommend SalesForce to an SME).

The reason is that it is not enough for Xero to be better than MYOB. That just makes it just another app. Where SAAS excites and cuts through is its capacity to create an end to end process with other apps for businesses that never thought they could afford such a thing.

Are you able to provide any kind of definitive timeline on Sugar integration?

SS
May 5, 2010 at 1:41 am

Follow up to my last post, “Are you able to provide any kind of definitive timeline on Sugar integration?”

Amy Domican
May 5, 2010 at 11:21 am

Hi SS, we do undertake our own integration with other products, but we have to prioritise this work based on where the demand is highest. At this stage we are progressing other priorities and also putting a lot of effort into our own API so that other developers can easily integrate with Xero. We encourage you to vote for the Sugar integration on our API feature request site as 3rd party developers are actively looking at our top integration requests. Here’s a link to this if you haven’t already done so.

Glenn Richmond
April 4, 2011 at 2:39 pm

Hi guys,

We have completed the SugarCRM connector for Xero along with the related documentation and testing. You can view information on the connector at:

In addition, the installation guide is at:

Our connector creates sales and purchases modules within SugarCRM and creates these as subpanels for accounts, contacts, cases, projects and opportunities.

So, you can simply create a sale or purchase directly against an account or opportunity and this will create the corresponding invoice in Xero as well as push the client details into the accounting package.

In addition, it synchronizes payment status back to the accounting package so that you can report on this and easily view status of invoices within the CRM. In addition, this also provides the ability for people to generate payment of commissions from this payment data – i.e. you could write a wizard that generates payments to a sales consultant based on client payments.

Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any queries.