The power of Xero is that your accountant accesses the same data as you use to run your business.
In our latest release, you’ll see a new option on the Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet to allow you and your accountant to re-order, group and summarise accounts. This allows you to manage the presentation of your reports on-the-fly, instead of having just one static hierarchical Chart of Accounts.
Here are a few things you can achieve by customising your reports:
- Group similar accounts such as wages
- Summarise groups of accounts into one line
- Show your credit cards and overdrafts as current liabilities
- Show your tax, dividends and other non-taxable expenses below your operating profit
- Show your shareholder current account and other balance sheet accounts with an opening and closing balance
Because you may have different presentation requirements for your reports at various times, you can save multiple report layouts. Accountants can use this to create reporting templates and share these across all of their organisations.
To customise your reports, use the Layout Options button at the bottom of the report.