Notifications in Practice Manager allow you to keep managers and staff updated about their jobs through email notifications and in-app messages. It is essential to use them in a way that keeps staff connected rather than annoyed. Beware of the two most common pitfalls: too many notifications and sending them to the wrong people.
Key Learning Points
- Notifications apply to jobs only, not leads or quotes. Once a notification is set up, it will be applied organisation wide to all jobs.
- Notifications can be sent to the staff assigned to a job, the job manager or a team.
- Teams allow you to notify staff who are not associated with a job.
- When a notification is activated, the recipients will receive both an email and an in-app notification. You can disable the emails in the application but not the in-app notifications.
Tips & Tricks
- Select the most meaningful notifications and minimise the number of notifications that you enable, so that staff do not feel overwhelmed by an excessive amount of emails.
- Identify areas of improvement within the practice and then enable notifications that will help you proactively manage these areas.
- Enable notifications that help staff members perform their day-to-day functions. For example, add a Job State Change notification on a Ready to Invoice job state. This will serve as a reminder to billing staff to create an invoice.
- Inform staff members of notifications they will receive, and what the expected behaviour is as a result of the notification.
What should I do now?
- If you do not have any staff, or do not require any notifications, continue to the next tutorial: Connect to a DMS.
- If you think you would benefit from notifications:
- Select custom notifications that will be most useful in your business and set them up.
- Inform staff members that they will be receiving notifications, and let them know what they are expected to do when they receive them.
- Review your notifications once you start working in the system, and adjust if necessary.
- Proceed to the next tutorial: Connect to a DMS.