Dates to mark in your diary
Here are the key EOFY milestones you need to know. Check out the Australian Tax Office (ATO) for all the dates.
- 21 May: Make sure to lodge clients’ April 2022 monthly business activity statements (BAS) with the ATO.
- 26 May: Lodge quarterly activity statements for Q3 2021–22, for clients who’ve chosen electronic receipt and lodgement.
- 5 June: Lodge tax returns with a due date of 15 May 2022 if the tax return is not required earlier and they meet the ATO criteria.
- 21 June: Lodge clients’ May 2022 monthly business activity statements.
- 25 June: If you lodge electronically via the practitioner lodgment service (PLS), fringe benefit tax returns are due for lodgment and payment.
- 30 June:Super guarantee contributions must be received by this date to qualify for a tax deduction in the 2021–22 financial year.
Processing tax returns
See how to process different types of tax return using Xero.
Processing EOFY payroll
Learn what to review and reconcile in payroll so you can lodge the single touch payroll (STP) finalisation declaration to the ATO.
Best practice EOFY processing
Follow best practice to reconcile bank transactions, close off accounts, stocktake, and make year-end adjustments.
Setting yourself up for the new financial year
EOFY can be stressful, especially the first time around, so focus on your wellbeing and the new financial year.