Dates to mark in your diary
Here are the key EOFY milestones you need to know. Check out the Australian Tax Office (ATO) for all EOFY dates.
- 21 May: Make sure to lodge clients’ April 2022 monthly business activity statements (BAS) with the ATO.
- 26 May: Lodge quarterly activity statements for Q3 2021–22, for clients who’ve chosen electronic receipt and lodgement.
- 21 June: Make sure to lodge clients’ May 2022 monthly business activity statements (BAS) with the ATO.
- 25 June: If you lodge electronically via the practitioner lodgment service (PLS), fringe benefit tax returns are due for lodgment and payment.
- 30 June: Super guarantee contributions must be received by this date to qualify for a tax deduction in the 2021–22 financial year.
Explore what to review, report on and how to reconcile your payroll in Xero, so you can finalise and lodge your Single Touch Payroll (STP) declaration on time.
Prepare and close off the books
From reviewing your set up to bank reconciliations and everything in between, discover the tools you need to close your accounts with ease.
Set up for the new year
Use Xero Practice Manager (XPM) to gain visibility over your client jobs to help staff record time against them and manage your workflow with ease.
Resources for your clients
From step-by-step articles and learning courses to support from the Xero Customer Experience team, explore Xero Central for everything you need to manage EOFY in Xero and take the stress out of tax time. Find out more today.
Tools for practice efficiency
Start the financial year right by upgrading your practice tools to Xero. We have different options to help make your switch to Xero Practice Manager and Xero Tax a breeze.
You can also move your MYOB, Reckon APS and HandiSoft clients on to Xero Ledgers via our new Conversion Toolbox. Read our Ledger Conversion Checklist to see it’s never been easier to move your clients to Xero.