The security of our product is fundamental to Xero. The security teams work with all areas of the business to ensure our systems are secure. We keep the good in and the bad out. We help engineers produce secure products, defend Xero from cyber attacks, and do everything in between to keep our systems safe.
You’ll have the opportunity to rotate within different security teams, or spend one or more rotations in our core technical program.
You’ll be self-driven, enjoy collaborating with different teams across the business, and thrive on technical challenges. All you need is an interest in security; you don’t need to have studied it.
What our security engineers do
Security engineers focus on the technical side of security at Xero and help build the foundations for ensuring our product is safe and secure.
The security engineer role will see you doing a range of jobs, including:
- building security infrastructure
- ensuring correct internal access build their code with security at its core
- building defences against external threats to our customers
What we’d like to see from you
- have a passion for and express interest in the security and privacy of our customers
- like working with servers or data, and, if you like to script or write code, then that’s a great combo
- love problem-solving, thinking on your feet, helping other people, and taking the initiative
- enjoy investigating why things work, not just how they work
- enjoy building solutions for other Xeros, removing pain points and making their lives easier
- diving deep and analysing root causes of issues and potential vulnerabilities
If this sounds like you, get in touch. We’d love to hear from you.
How to apply
Due to the number of applications we receive, we ask that you only apply for one role in one location. Please take some time to research each opportunity available before submitting your application.
If you’re invited to a grad day, it will include technical and soft skills interviews, as well as group and individual challenges.
Applications for our 2025 program opening soon
Questions? Send us a message!
Keen to understand the program in more detail? Or have questions about the application process? Send us an email at 'email@example.com' and we'll get back to you to run through anything you need once applications open mid-July 2023