How to enter
Just take an image of yourself or your small
business, then upload the image publically to Instagram, Twitter or
Facebook using the #XeroBeautifulBusiness, and tell us what makes the
The image with the most likes by close of competition (5pm AEST Monday 23rd April 2018) will win a MacBook Air computer and up to $800 AUD in vouchers from some of Xero’s small business customers.
Entries that are not able to be seen by the public and do not include the #XeroBeautifulBusiness will not be eligible to win.
Xero Social Media Photography Competition: Terms and Conditions
1. This competition (Competition) is conducted by Xero Australia Pty Limited ABN 89 124 215 247 (Xero), and is open from 19 March, 2018 until 5pm AEST Monday 23rd April 2018 (Competition Period). Xero may, at its sole discretion, extend the Competition Period. By entering the Competition, entrants (Entrant, You or Your) agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions (Terms).
2. To be eligible for consideration by the competition judge, an Entrant must:
a. be an Australian resident;
b. upload an image (Image) via a post on the Entrant’s Instagram, Twitter or Facebook profile (Post) using the #XeroBeautifulBusiness hashtag. The Image must depict a small business or involve a theme connected to how a small business works;
c. ensure the Post is set to “public” (so as to be viewable by the public) for the Competition Period;
d. comply with these Terms,
3. You will automatically be disqualified from participating in this Competition if You:
a. promote Your Post via Instagram, Twitter or Facebook using any paid promotion functionality; or
b. otherwise pay for ‘likes’ in relation to your Post.
4. Xero’s decisions on all matters relating to this Competition (including eligibility of entries and the judging of entries) will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
5. There will be one (1) winner chosen by Xero from the entrants that have met the Entry Criteria. The winner will be the entrant judged by Xero that has the most ‘likes’ on their Post.
6. The draw will be conducted at 1/6 Elizabeth Street, Hawthorn VIC 3122 within 24 hours of the end of the Competition Period. The winner will be notified by Xero within 5 days after the end of the Competition Period. Preparation and delivery of the Prize will be arranged in consultation with the recipient at the earliest convenience of Xero.
7. The winner will receive the following prizes (Prizes):
a. a Apple MacBook Air 13-inch 256GB air computer value of $1799 AUD; and
b. $800 AUD in vouchers from some of Xero’s small business customers. These include; (i) $200 voucher www.hbird.co, (ii) 2x$100 in vouchers from https://www.knotty.com.au/ (total $200) and (iii) $400 voucher from https://www.kitchentemple.com.au/.
8. The Prizes are not redeemable for cash and are not transferable.
9. As the Prizes are provided by third parties, Xero does not warrant that the Prizes will meet Your requirements or that it will be suitable for any particular purpose. To avoid doubt, all implied conditions or warranties are excluded in so far as is permitted by law, including (without limitation) warranties of merchantability, fitness for purpose.
10. There will be a limit of one entry per Australian resident.
11. Xero employees are not eligible to enter the draw.
12. Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for any materials they submit via the Competition including but not limited to comments, recordings, documents, the Image and Post (Content). Xero shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. Xero may remove, decline to publish, and/or invalidate any Content/entry without notice for any reason whatsoever. You warrant and agree that:
a. You will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that Xero may deem is in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights or Content that Xero otherwise deems as inappropriate;
b.the Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity;
c.You will obtain prior consent and agreement to these Terms from the owner(s) of any intellectual property that subsists in the Content;
d. the Content is Your original artistic work and that does not infringe the rights of any third party;
e. You consent to any use of the Content which may otherwise infringe the Content creator’s/creators’ moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and warrant that You have the full authority to grant these rights; and
f. You will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others' computer or communication systems.
Without limiting any other terms herein, You agrees to indemnify Xero for any breach of this clause 12.
13. As a condition of entering this Competition, each Entrant licenses and grants Xero, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their Post and Image (which shall include Content) for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
14. To the extent permitted by law, Xero and its affiliated companies shall not be liable in any way (including, without limitation, in negligence), for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including, without limitation, direct, indirect or consequential loss) or for any loss or damage or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the Competition.
16. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia.