1. The Australian EOFY survey competition (Competition) is run on behalf of Xero Australia Pty Limited of Level 3/260 Burwood Road, Hawthorn VIC 3122 Australia (Xero), and is open from 12:00pm AEST 6 June 2023 to 11:59pm AEST 7 July 2023 in respect of the June webinar sessions (First Competition Period);
2. Xero may extend, cancel or amend this Competition and/or review and update these terms and conditions on its website at any time, at its sole discretion. By entering the Competition, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
3. To be eligible to enter the Competition (Eligible Entrant), entrants must:
3.a Be an Australian resident prior to, and for the duration of the Total Competition Period;
3.b Be a Xero customer on any Xero subscription plan during the Total Competition Period and fall into one of the following categories:
3.b.i the Entrant’s Xero subscription is owned by a small or medium-sized business located in Australia prior to and during the Total Competition Period (SMB); or
3.b.ii the Entrant’s Xero subscription is owned by a Xero accounting or bookkeeping partner which is located in Australia prior to and during the Total Competition Period (Partner); and
3.c Have received Xero’s promotional email, pdf or a communication directly from Xero for this Webinar (defined below) and Competition.
4. Xero employees and their immediate family are not eligible to enter the Competition.
5. In order to enter the Competition, an Eligible Entrant must:
5.a Register for and attend at least one (1) of the four webinars hosted by Xero as part of its EOFY education series as set out in Schedule 1 of these terms (Webinar); and
5.b Complete the webinar survey at the conclusion of the relevant Webinar and by no later than the 7 July 2023
6. No payment is required in order to (i) register and attend the webinars, or (ii) enter the Competition.
7. There is a limit of one entry per Eligible Entrant.
8. For the purposes of the Competition, an “Eligible Entrant” will be the SMB or Partner who owns the Xero billing account, and excludes any subscriber trialling an unpaid version of the Starter, Standard or Premium plan and any subscriber in arrears on their subscription payments (unless otherwise specified by Xero in writing).
9. Eligible Entrants will have a chance to win one (1) Silver Apple iPad 10.9 Inch Wi-Fi 64GB (10th Gen), with an estimated total value of AUD$747 (Prize). There are four (4) Prizes available to be won across all five Webinars. Four (4) Prizes will be drawn as follows:
9.a The Prizes for each Webinar will be drawn at random using a random computer number generator at Xero’s Melbourne office at Level 3/260 Burwood Road, Hawthorn VIC 3122 from all correct survey entries following the end of the Total Competition Period and no later than 7 days after the Total Competition Period (Winners).
9.b Winner will be be validated as attendees of one of the four (4) webinars as set out in Schedule 1.
10. The Winners will be notified using the contact details you give us or as registered with the Winner’s Xero subscription. If we have made a reasonable attempt to contact a Winner, and a Winner has not responded within three (3) business days, or a Winner is unable to use the Prize, the Prize will be forfeited and Xero will randomly choose another Winner. In the event of any dispute, Xero’s decision is final.
11. The Winners will be published on Xero’s website at www.xero.com/au/campaigns/eofy-survey-competition by no later than 7 days after the Total Competition Period and will remain online for 28 days after the Winners are announced.
12. Xero does not warrant that the Prize will meet the Winners’ requirements or that it will be suitable for any particular purpose. To avoid doubt, all implied conditions or warranties are excluded in so far as is permitted by law, including (without limitation) warranties of merchantability and fitness for purpose.
13. The Prize cannot be transferred to others, or exchanged for cash or other benefits and cannot be split.
14. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Xero and its affiliated companies shall not be liable in any way (including, without limitation, in negligence), for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including, without limitation, direct, indirect or consequential loss), or for any loss or damage or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the Competition.
15. By accepting the Prize, the Winner agrees to participate in any publicity related to their Prize, and that Xero can use the Winners’ likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording) in any media for an unlimited period of time without payment, to promote Xero and any of its other products.
16. By participating in the Competition and by submitting any contact details, each Participant consents to receive the latest news, special offers, promotions and information from Xero by email, TXT or other channels from time to time. If at any stage you do not want to receive this information then please let us know, or use the ‘unsubscribe’ feature on communications we send you.
18. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the State of Victoria, Australia.
List of Webinars (eight in total):
- Finalise your year-end payroll - 7 June 2023 or 21 June 2023
- Get your business ready for financial year end - 8 June 2023 or 22 June 2023
- Finalise the year end for your clients - 14 June 2023 or 28 June 2023
- Set up client jobs in Xero Practice Manager - 21 June 2023
Webinar Terms and Conditions
1. When you register for one of the four webinars hosted by Xero as part of its EOFY education series (the Online Event), you acknowledge and accept these terms in full.
2. Xero may reject or accept your registration at any time in its absolute discretion. Acceptance of your registration is confirmed by Xero only when the acceptance is communicated to you by email.
4. You acknowledge that the material presented at the Online Event is subject to copyright and cannot be re-used without the written express permission of Xero.
5. Nothing contained in the Online Event content constitutes financial or accounting advice. Please speak to your own independent professional advisors for advice regarding your own financial or accounting matters.
6. Xero reserves the right at any time to change the format, participants, content, timing or any other aspect of the Online Event, in each case without liability.
7. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Xero excludes all guarantees, representations, conditions and warranties in connection with the Online Event. However, nothing in these terms limits, excludes or modifies the rights otherwise given to you under law.
8. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Xero, and its employees, agents and contractors, will not be liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense arising in connection with the Online Event. This includes, without limitation (a) liability for personal injury, death, property damage, negligence, or breach of these terms or any other agreement (b) loss of profits, business interruption, loss of information, or indirect, special, punitive or consequential loss or damage and (c) any losses should the Online Event be canceled.
9. Xero shall not be considered in breach of these terms to the extent that performance of its obligations is prevented by an event of force majeure (including, without limitation, an act of war, pandemic, industrial action, civil disturbance, adverse weather conditions, natural disaster or other unforeseeable circumstances beyond Xero’s control).