Systems Engineer (Production)
Apply for this job
View other openings
Xero is beautiful accounting software that's changed the way people do business all over the world.
http://vimeo.com/51563083 — watch the video, you'll enjoy it.
The company is also nearly doubling in size every year. We’re winning. Come help us win more.
The Systems Engineer will implement IT systems to support operationally the customer facing Xero production and development environments.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Build and maintain highly available systems
- Evaluate production IT needs for all stakeholders
- Ensure company technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Recommend and implement software and hardware solutions to meet business needs
- Monitor application performance and review any application failures in production
- Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms (including web application frameworks and the deployment stack) for delivering the company’s services
- On-call availability and periodic overtime
You will need:
- At least five years of operational experience of running a large web application environment
- Windows 2008 / IIS /.Net Stack / SQL 2012
- Linux / Apache
- Scripting & Task Automation
- Experienced in dealing with large primary vendors
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Multi-tasking abilities
- A logical problem solver at all different levels
- Ability to think quickly on your feet at times, and diagnose problems quickly and effectively
- Willing to be very hands on as well as strategic
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
This role will involve on-call availability and periodic overtime. If you are ready to take on a new challenge in a fast-paced organization where the sky is the limit we want to hear from you.
Xero is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Got a few questions before you apply? Contact us.