Senior SQL DBA
New York, NY,
Apply for this job
View other openings
Xero is beautiful accounting software that's changed the way people do business all over the world. http://vimeo.com/51563083 — watch the video, you'll enjoy it.
The company is also nearly doubling in size every year. We’re winning. Come help us win more.
As Senior SQL DBA, you’ll help lead, manage and optimize performance availability and SQL Server database platforms.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Leadership and administration of the production database platform
- Administration of the developer & testing database platforms as required
- Making sure storage, archiving, back-up and recovery processes are functioning correctly
- Working with the Operations team and associated hosting service providers to make sure appropriate database maintenance and integrity activities are being carried out
- Working with Product and Customer Care support teams identify problems and tune performance of database platform
- Support Product Team in new application releases
You will need:
- 5+ yrs Database Administration Experience in Microsoft SQL Server (2005-2008)
- Tertiary Qualification preferably BSc in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Strong Transact-SQL Development Skills
- Developing and tuning SQL Server within large deployments.
- Preferred - Solid Programming and scripting skills preferably in .NET and/or Powershell
- Preferred - experience with Visual Studio 2008-2010
- Keen interest in new SQL Server technologies, in particular SQL Server 2012
Xero is an equal opportunity employer.
Got a few questions before you apply? Contact us.