Xero is beautiful accounting software that's changed the way people do business all over the world.
http://vimeo.com/51563083 — watch the video, you'll enjoy it.
The company is also nearly doubling in size every year. We’re winning. Come help us win more.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to lead and manage an innovative, highly collaborative software development team.
You’ll look after basic line management for your development team of seven, including engineers and QA analysts, and look after the team’s code.
- Lead a team to work on the Xero software platform
- Work closely with the product team and designers to ensure usability of the product
- Influence others and build consensus using good written and verbal communication skills
- Develop visioning skills and ability to see the big picture
- Implement and contribute to engineering practices and processes.
You Will Need:
- Strong passion for developing new software that’s scalable
- 7+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- 5+ years of experience in robust server-side development
- Knowledge of C#, ASP.Net MVC, NHibernate and SQL Server with emphasis on writing modular, scalable code
- Capable of architecting complex software solutions
- Experience working on cloud infrastructure platforms is desirable
- Communication skills for a highly collaborative software development process
- A solid balance of full stack development experience or other languages will be considered favorably.
- Familiarity with API web service design
- Excellent verbal communication, analytical skill and critical thinking
- Ability to lead from the front and deliver strong results
- Top-notch problem solving skills
- Open mind and willingness to learn from peers, and help them grow as engineers
- Knowledge and experience with Agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of Internet protocols and RFC standards, database management systems, and revision control systems
- Bring new ideas to the table, a passion for all things web and a willingness to go the extra mile.
If you’re passionate about helping small businesses use software more effectively, are involved in the development community and love developing the latest technologies, we’re keen to talk to you!
Contact us today!
Xero is an Equal Opportunity Employer.